Broxburn Athletic 2019/2020

On 19/01/2020 at 23:58, albynpark said:

It's been great memories made, unless you only have one shoe lol.

Well said Captain.

Great statement from the club captain.  Was a hell of a journey and we lived in hope up until the 89th minute against a premier league club - no mean feat.

Talking about feet I heard on the grapevine that “shoeless joe” got his footwear back after the game 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🇲🇨🇲🇨🇲🇨

27 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Great statement from the club captain.  Was a hell of a journey and we lived in hope up until the 89th minute against a premier league club - no mean feat.

Talking about feet I heard on the grapevine that “shoeless joe” got his footwear back after the game 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🇲🇨🇲🇨🇲🇨

IS andy grant still on loan at yous from shire. if so how is he doing?

• 2 weeks later...

With our ground not ready yet, we play Tranent away this Saturday and on the 15th February we play Dunbar at the Tony Macaroni stadium in Livingston. I'm looking forward to that one, at least for the novelty value

Broxburn 4 Dunbar 3 Despite the bad weather, what a cracking game of football. Must of been tough for both sets of players as there where plenty of mistakes. Lucky we all had seats and cover to watch it. who knows, maybe next year we can be back

On 15/02/2020 at 21:14, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Came along as a neutral, great game. Very impressed with your left winger. A draw would have been harsh on you but the Dunbar keeper and their wee no 7 didn't deserve to be on the losing side I felt.

Great advert for the game, considering the conditions. Dunbar have competed well with Broxburn, this season, but just haven't had that bit of added quality/ fortune, required to beat a top EOS team. 

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 19:05, albynpark said:

Broxburn 4 Dunbar 3 Despite the bad weather, what a cracking game of football. Must of been tough for both sets of players as there where plenty of mistakes. Lucky we all had seats and cover to watch it. who knows, maybe next year we can be back

Another neutral at this one, as were three others I knew who I bumped into. Great entertainment.

Drier under cover than I had been when stood out at an Amateur fixture in the morning!

From what I was told, you might be back sooner than next year - Almondvale has apparently been provisionally booked for your next home fixture on Feb 29th, in case the weather prevents the remaining works at Albyn Park being finished off in time.

All the best for the remainder of the season.

On 17/02/2020 at 13:37, #DUFC said:

Great advert for the game, considering the conditions. Dunbar have competed well with Broxburn, this season, but just haven't had that bit of added quality/ fortune, required to beat a top EOS team. 

That’s about 5/6 times I’ve seen Dunbar play Broxburn. Never an easy game. indiscipline has let the players down on a couple of occasions but on Saturday there was none of that and very unlucky not to pick up a point that their play and effort merited 

• 2 months later...

Well now that the season is officially over a little time to reflect on what happened this year.

A real rollercoaster with highs and lows sprinkled throughout.  Will never forget the big cup run as long as I live nor the very surreal end to the season.

Think Broxburn had a real chance to win the premier but not to be.  Can’t begrudge Bo’ness the title as they led the league for so long and had the best PPG.  Having watched the pre-season never expected the way it all turned out.

A huge thanks to the squad, management and the people behind the scenes who made it all possible.  Roll on next season whenever that my be.

Mon the Broxburn 🇮🇩🇮🇩🇮🇩

• 2 weeks later...

That's the club announced that Brian McNaughton and Steven Hislop have resigned and have appointed Chris Townsley as manager. 

They done great work and we've had some of the best memories together but you have to appreciate their decisions.

Good luck guys, and good luck to Towser

29 minutes ago, albynpark said:

That's the club announced that Brian McNaughton and Steven Hislop have resigned and have appointed Chris Townsley as manager. 

They done great work and we've had some of the best memories together but you have to appreciate their decisions.

Good luck guys, and good luck to Towser

Yes looks like big changes for next season.  They done a great job at Broxburn - not just the SC cup run but also winning the conference last season and having them in with a real shout to win the EOS Premier before it got cut short this season.

Be sadly missed but good luck to both and also to Towner who has stepped up.

Wonder how this will affect the playing staff?

5 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Yes looks like big changes for next season.  They done a great job at Broxburn - not just the SC cup run but also winning the conference last season and having them in with a real shout to win the EOS Premier before it got cut short this season.

Be sadly missed but good luck to both and also to Towner who has stepped up.

Wonder how this will affect the playing staff?

According to the Bo'ness Twitter zander Miller has agreed to sign for Bo'ness when his contract expires 

1 hour ago, albynpark said:

Zander is a good goal scorer and helped us on a good Cup run. A good signing for Bo'ness. Hopefully his replacement will score as many  

Anyone else jumping ship????  

He will be a big loss.  Scored some really important goals for Broxburn last season.  Heard a couple of rumours but nothing concrete.