Broxburn Athletic 2019/2020

Cracking result for Broxburn: not everyone's tip after some indifferent results and injuries but absolutely outstanding.

giphy.gif

If early last year people said Broxburn would be senior licensed club... gone 6 rounds in Scottish Cup beating like of East Stirlingshire and Cowdenbeath... then in R4 draw with Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Livingston... would anyone have believed them?

Weatherspoons and Morrison's have had a bumper day from our visit lol. What is amazing, is how many away supporters we brought. 7 buses with a good mix of young and old, the town's buzzing. A great effort from everyone. 

8 hours ago, albynpark said:

Weatherspoons and Morrison's have had a bumper day from our visit lol. What is amazing, is how many away supporters we brought. 7 buses with a good mix of young and old, the town's buzzing. A great effort from everyone. 

I bet the nae sayers who wanted to stay junior are keeping their neb out now

17 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Sorry for my ignorance but can any Broxburn fans out there give me a wee bit background to your club. Are you the ex junior team? Congratulations on your cup run. Any idea if there are plans to bring a few buses to Paisley for the next round.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we bring 1000 fans. 

33 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Sorry for my ignorance but can any Broxburn fans out there give me a wee bit background to your club. Are you the ex junior team? Congratulations on your cup run. Any idea if there are plans to bring a few buses to Paisley for the next round.

It is the ex junior team. Decent outfit and a centre forward who can score goals.

I believe they had 7 buses at Inverurie so can see them taking a very decent support to Paisley.

6 hours ago, CambieBud said:

have a look at the website www.broxburnathletic.co.uk for some good info and there's a contact for Jim Provan (our secretary) who could probably help with any info you need or photos.

We brought over 500 to Inverurie so you'd think we'll bring a bit more since Paisley is closer  but there's no many more people left in the town to bring, it might also depend if Rangers are playing too, unfortunately. 

Can't wait :)

2 hours ago, albynpark said:

have a look at the website www.broxburnathletic.co.uk for some good info and there's a contact for Jim Provan (our secretary) who could probably help with any info you need or photos.

We brought over 500 to Inverurie so you'd think we'll bring a bit more since Paisley is closer  but there's no many more people left in the town to bring, it might also depend if Rangers are playing too, unfortunately. 

Can't wait :)

Think Broxburn will take around 750 to 1000 fans to Paisley.  There will be more than a few non Broxburn fans there.  I think a fair few Rangers fans will opt for this game rather than the Stranraer game.  Whole town and from what I can see much of the EoSFL too which is great to see.

2 hours ago, albynpark said:

Every Celtic and Rangers game was broadcast by Premier Sports last season so they're likely to be on TV again - if so it means the Rangers game will be on at a different time from the Broxburn match.

Can't wait [emoji4]

Thanks for that Albyn. An interesting read

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Tickets sensibility priced for the St. Mirren v Broxburn game £15/£5.  

Hopefully a big travelling support and would be great if we can get anywhere near the number Cookie took to Firhill. 

C’mon the Brox 🇲🇨🇲🇨🇲🇨

I thought it would be £25, Christmas bonus as I'm getting 5 tickets 😊