Broxburn Athletic 2019/2020

I had planned to go to Penicuik today, but after that game was postponed I decided to go through to Central Park.

Broxburn started the game on the front foot and dominated the first half hour. Cowdenbeath started to see more of the ball thereafter and had the better of the second half. It looked like the one goal was going to be enough, but Broxburn didn't give up and got an equaliser late on that was well deserved over the 90 minutes.

Attendance was  767, with what looked like more than half supporting Broxburn. They made lots of noise and created a bit of atmosphere, but they could do with dropping the "Billy Boys" refrain.

Next week's replay should be equally well contested.

Edited by Footballfirst

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I had planned to go to Penicuik today, but after that game was postponed I decided to go through to Central Park.

Broxburn started the game on the front foot and dominated the first half hour. Cowdenbeath started to see more of the ball thereafter and had the better of the second half. It looked like the one goal was going to be enough, but Broxburn didn't give up and got an equaliser late on that was well deserved over the 90 minutes.

Attendance was  767, with what looked like more than half supporting Broxburn. They made lots of noise and created a bit of atmosphere, but they could do with dropping the "Billy Boys" refrain.

Next week's replay should be equally well contested.

Couldn't agree more, embarrassing what was a great day out.

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Brox put in a great show well done.

Hopefully a few of the players can take heart from their performance against a top half League 2 team.

The 3 front players, Locke in midfield and left back played really well.

Zander Miller is a better player than he showed today, albeit he was a bit quiet. How offside was his disallowed goal?

My son asked me if VAR was in place!! 😂😂😂

Just now, BukyOHare said:

Hopefully a few of the players can take heart from their performance against a top half League 2 team.

Zander Miller is a better player than he showed today, albeit he was a bit quiet. How offside was his disallowed goal?

My son asked me if VAR was in place!! 😂😂😂

The lino had his flag up quick to be fair.

My son asked me if VAR was in place!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Very easy decision to make for the linesman tbh. Couple of yards offside.

27 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Great result for Broxburn, and a great example to show certain other clubs in West Lothian what can be done if you have a bit of ambition.  Fingers crossed in the Replay for it to get even better.

And if they get to round 3 the draw has been fairly kind to them (Inveruerie Locos) so a decent chance of making it to round 4.

40 minutes ago, PELE said:

Is parking pretty limited at Albyn Park?

There is plenty street parking within a few minutes walk of the ground in my experience - estates off the west side of the main north/south road and so on.

I had no issue last season at the round-robin game v Bonnyrigg (crowd almost 1,000) or at the 'Shire game in the previous round (mid-hundreds IIRC). There is a park at the ground, but it may be officials only or rapidly fill-up.

EDIT: There is also a supermarket on the east side of that road - a couple of hundred yards south of the ground - but if may be one of these with cameras to fine you.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Delighted when I saw the developing Broxburn scoreline as I left Penicuik earlier (it ended 30mins prior).

Broxburn were about the final club last year to decide they saw the future beyond Junior football and in the EOS League - for various reasons it must've felt an especially big decision and no doubt it involved certain wrenches, uncertainties and doubts.

Just 16 months later they have won an EOSL conference (indeed only narrowly missed out overall title and promotion to LL having had it in their hands at one point)... established an U20s side... achieved their club licence and SFA membership... and now gone 5 rounds in the Scottish Cup, beating East Stirlingshire and now bashing SPFL2 side Cowdenbeath, with Inverurie between them and place in hallowed R4.

Full credit to their players, management, committee, supporters and community - for not only embracing the move but seizing these new opportunities with both hands.

tenor.gif?itemid=10531696

Viva les badgers.

Edited by HibeeJibee