Broxburn Athletic 2019/2020

What a great day for Broxburn yesterday and roll on the big cup draw today.

Started off in whirlwind fashion with two early goals and looked like the contest would be over after 20 minutes.

Very cool finish by Zander Miller for the first and a clinical finish for the penalty.  The penalty was a bit soft but definitely contact and the correct decision.

Credit to the Shire for not folding and working their way back into the game.  Deserved to pull a goal back before halftime.

Great free kick from their MoTM (No.8) who was excellent all match.

Second half was a bit backs to the wall as Shire pressed forward. Some good defending and a wee bit of luck kept Broxburn in front until the last few minutes when the Shire grabbed a well deserved equaliser.

Great credit to Broxburn and in particular to MoTM Zander for not giving up and getting the winner in added time.  

So pleased for the lad who has struggled for goals since last November but never gives up and always gives 100% for his teammates.  What a day to come good.

Great entertainment for £6 and would love to see more crowds like yesterday. Probably helped by the weather and Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Rangers all playing Sunday.

Can say what you like about the pitch but in the last 4 big games at the Albyn (Lithgae, Jeanfield, Bonnyrigg and the Shire) have produced 22 goals and 3 very late winners.

Hoping for a nice wee trip to the Highlands before Winter sets in but suspect the Team and Committee would love a home draw.

What was great about yesterday was the massive Broxburn support seen the side win. Too many times in the past we set ourselves up in a big game and don't do well. Hopefully the crowd can keep growing. 

It felt like we won the Scottish Cup at the end lol.

Well done Zander on motm and well done all the team, staff and committee

Looked like a great crowd yesterday and a fantastic spectacle for any neutral, of which there were a few. 

Shire should probably have settled for the draw but went all or nothing at the end. Rodgers looked to be wrongly judged offside when bundling the ball over the line, then it was his blocked shot which resulted in the break upfield, leading to the winner. 

That's Cup tie fitba. 

On 22/09/2019 at 07:58, Blowin In the Wind said:

What a great day for Broxburn yesterday and roll on the big cup draw today.

Started off in whirlwind fashion with two early goals and looked like the contest would be over after 20 minutes.

Very cool finish by Zander Miller for the first and a clinical finish for the penalty.  The penalty was a bit soft but definitely contact and the correct decision.

Credit to the Shire for not folding and working their way back into the game.  Deserved to pull a goal back before halftime.

Great free kick from their MoTM (No.8) who was excellent all match.

Second half was a bit backs to the wall as Shire pressed forward. Some good defending and a wee bit of luck kept Broxburn in front until the last few minutes when the Shire grabbed a well deserved equaliser.

Great credit to Broxburn and in particular to MoTM Zander for not giving up and getting the winner in added time.  

So pleased for the lad who has struggled for goals since last November but never gives up and always gives 100% for his teammates.  What a day to come good.

Great entertainment for £6 and would love to see more crowds like yesterday. Probably helped by the weather and Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Rangers all playing Sunday.

Can say what you like about the pitch but in the last 4 big games at the Albyn (Lithgae, Jeanfield, Bonnyrigg and the Shire) have produced 22 goals and 3 very late winners.

Hoping for a nice wee trip to the Highlands before Winter sets in but suspect the Team and Committee would love a home draw.

Was lucky enough to have been at all four. Was also at Albyn Park for a match v Carnoustie which finished 3 apiece.

My only other visit was v Camelon last season and finsihed 0-1 - felt short changed that day!

On 26/09/2019 at 13:06, Steven W said:

Was lucky enough to have been at all four. Was also at Albyn Park for a match v Carnoustie which finished 3 apiece.

My only other visit was v Camelon last season and finsihed 0-1 - felt short changed that day!

A lot different today but a welcome three points.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Huge error gifted you the points. Thought it was a very soft pen as well. When yer at the bottom of league ye struggle for the breaks. Definately a welcome 3 points for you. 

Yes Broxburn struggled today.  Very fortunate goal but although soft I do think it was a penalty.

Always look at the defenders reaction in these cases and he didn’t complain.  

Thought it was a good save rather than a poor penalty.

i wasn't at the game tonight, glad to see if finished Dunbar 1 Broxburn 3. Apparently we where 1-0 down at half-time. Always tough at Dunbar, I could see us slipping up here with the travelling midweek and the M8 being shut at the bypass.

57 minutes ago, albynpark said:

i wasn't at the game tonight, glad to see if finished Dunbar 1 Broxburn 3. Apparently we where 1-0 down at half-time. Always tough at Dunbar, I could see us slipping up here with the travelling midweek and the M8 being shut at the bypass.

The game changed on a straight red card for Dunbar on about 40 mins. Dunbar were, up till that point, the better side on the night. Absolute stupidity as it looked like handbags no more but the lad raised his hands. Referee had no option. 

1 hour ago, TheGeneral10 said:

The game changed on a straight red card for Dunbar on about 40 mins. Dunbar were, up till that point, the better side on the night. Absolute stupidity as it looked like handbags no more but the lad raised his hands. Referee had no option. 

Yip fair summary-Broxburn really struggled up to that point.

Hey-ho a win is a win and 3 useful points. Onto a tough game against HoB on Saturday 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 17:54, albynpark said:

Dunbar 1 Broxburn 2. Never seen the other  midweek Dunbar game, but we where definitely the better team. Should of been a few more Broxburn goals. Cammie was the star of the show for me. Bring on Cowdenbeath 👍

Yes the game yesterday was a lot more comfortable.  Should have been 3/4 up before Dunbar pulled one back.

I can see why Dunbar struggle with results due to indiscipline.  Another player sent off just after getting back into it.

Its a pity because they are a very decent team but they will need to keep 11 on the park to get results in the EOS Premier as there are no easy games 

2 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Yes the game yesterday was a lot more comfortable.  Should have been 3/4 up before Dunbar pulled one back.

I can see why Dunbar struggle with results due to indiscipline.  Another player sent off just after getting back into it.

Its a pity because they are a very decent team but they will need to keep 11 on the park to get results in the EOS Premier as there are no easy games 

Can’t disagree too much. Broxburn superior on the day and 2-1 probably flattered Dunbar. 

I agree with the discipline part. Always difficult going down to ten, especially against top opposition.

However, I thought both yellows were harsh! Second challenge I felt he won the ball. Would it have made much difference? Who knows?! 

19 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Can’t disagree too much. Broxburn superior on the day and 2-1 probably flattered Dunbar. 

I agree with the discipline part. Always difficult going down to ten, especially against top opposition.

However, I thought both yellows were harsh! Second challenge I felt he won the ball. Would it have made much difference? Who knows?! 

I was too far away from it to see what happened clearly so can’t really argue either way.

What I will say is that these days if you follow through with a tackle you are likely to pick up a booking even if you get some of the ball.

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Hopefully a decent away following will head for Cowdenbeath on Saturday? Historic moment for the club visiting SPFL opposition in Scottish Cup R2.

I was chatting to a Cowden director who confirmed that there are at least 2 full buses coming through with more to come.  Would expect at least 200?

8 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I was chatting to a Cowden director who confirmed that there are at least 2 full buses coming through with more to come.  Would expect at least 200?

All kinds of rumours about number of coaches (have heard as many as 5 including the team coach) but I’d expect around 250 to travel if the weather is half decent.

19 hours ago, gogsy said:

'Mon Cowdenbeath, get into these ex junior thickos

Nothing to fear from Cowdenbeath, after all they did appoint Craig Levein as manager one time. 😆😉

4 buses are going to my knowledge, Team bus, Kirkhill True Blues, The Masonic and Halfway House. Hoping for a good day out and a decent result. And a good pie which I believe are to be killie pies 😊