Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
albynpark

Broxburn Athletic 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

First game out of the way. Brox 1 Bo'ness 1.

2 pts dropped or 1 point gained?

i think we're going to have another good season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, albynpark said:

First game out of the way. Brox 1 Bo'ness 1.

2 pts dropped or 1 point gained?

i think we're going to have another good season

Played well today - but should have won it near the end.  Not much between the teams.  Need to show that attitude week in week out.  If they do will not be far away.  Think they will end up 4/6 though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another very decent performance by Broxburn last night. Great attitude for 90 minutes.

Lost concentration in added time to concede a second and could also have lost a third right at the end. 

But overall very professional at what will be a difficult venue to pick up points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cameron 2 Broxburn 2. Tough luck. Never took our chances, should of put more pace upfront earlier, shouldn't of gave away the 2 goals where they just walked through and scored.  I bet Camelon will think they should of won so maybe a good result

And Schole's strike. 40 yards I think lol. Great goal

 

Cmon the brox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, albynpark said:

Cameron 2 Broxburn 2. Tough luck. Never took our chances, should of put more pace upfront earlier, shouldn't of gave away the 2 goals where they just walked through and scored.  I bet Camelon will think they should of won so maybe a good result

And Schole's strike. 40 yards I think lol. Great goal

 

Cmon the brox

A draw was probably the right result. I thought first half was very much broxburn. The first goal was a n outrageous mistake by our goalie. Good luck to brox for rest of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We done it, Brox 2 Tynecastle 0, not a great performance in front of goals, we could of scored 8 and had Tynecastle scored when they had a good spell it could of become nervy. Job done and a comfortable win. Can't wait for Girvan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeanfield 4 Broxburn 1. The scoreline doesnt lie, they where a  fast mobile team and better than us. But one thing I'll say about Jeanfield is, our steak and gravy pies are far superior to yours!

I think that's a victory there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, albynpark said:

Jeanfield 4 Broxburn 1. The scoreline doesnt lie, they where a  fast mobile team and better than us. But one thing I'll say about Jeanfield is, our steak and gravy pies are far superior to yours!

I think that's a victory there

Was at the game today and i’d Disagree with some of the above.  JS are a delight to watch full of movement and invention but at 1-1 their No. 10 should have been sent off for a straight red ( was only booked) then committed 2 other bookable fouls before scoring their second 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Was at the game today and i’d Disagree with some of the above.  JS are a delight to watch full of movement and invention but at 1-1 their No. 10 should have been sent off for a straight red ( was only booked) then committed 2 other bookable fouls before scoring their second 

Absolute nonsense, your number 3 cleaned him out right in front of the dugout and proceeded to follow through with a kick after so No10 obviously reacted. Tens mins after that number 3 had his elbow up and cleaned out Number 11..... that should have been a second book able offence. In fact he should have went for the first kick out. Their goalkeeper (who was dodgey BTW) also had a kick out off the ball at one of the Jeanfield boys while their manager was comical going off his head at the side with his sqeeky voice. 

You were given a lesson from Jeanfield from start to finish so just take it and move on.

Edited by Gold Dust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gold Dust said:

Absolute nonsense, your number 3 cleaned him out right in front of the dugout and proceeded to follow through with a kick after so No10 obviously reacted. Tens mins after that number 3 had his elbow up and cleaned out Number 11..... that should have been a second book able offence. In fact he should have went for the first kick out. Their goalkeeper (who was dodgey BTW) also had a kick out off the ball at one of the Jeanfield boys while their manager was comical going off his head at the side with his sqeeky voice. 

You were given a lesson from Jeanfield from start to finish so just take it and move on.

broxburn were outclassed by a far superior team. I wouldn,t enjoy a pie either after that display. my pie was delicious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/08/2019 at 08:15, Gold Dust said:

Absolute nonsense, your number 3 cleaned him out right in front of the dugout and proceeded to follow through with a kick after so No10 obviously reacted. Tens mins after that number 3 had his elbow up and cleaned out Number 11..... that should have been a second book able offence. In fact he should have went for the first kick out. Their goalkeeper (who was dodgey BTW) also had a kick out off the ball at one of the Jeanfield boys while their manager was comical going off his head at the side with his sqeeky voice. 

You were given a lesson from Jeanfield from start to finish so just take it and move on.

So the No. 10 didn’t put two hands round the number 3’s neck and push him to the ground, then make a late lunge and catch a Broxburn player just after a Broxburn player was booked for a similar tackle and then deliberately handle the ball breaking up a possible Broxburn attack?  

After these offences he then scored Jeanfield’s second. Did not disagree that Broxburn were well beaten in the end but JS were very lucky 10 stayed on the pitch otherwise why did the manager take him off shortly afterwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broxburn 4 Tynecastle 0. Perhaps the scoreline is unfair to Tynecastle,  but they seemed to run out of steam. Nicely sets us up for next week at Girvan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackburn 2 Broxburn 3. Never in any doubt Broxburn would win, until Craig Young came on. Good debut for our new signing who came on as a sub, never caught his name. 

Pkayey of the month was Gordon Donaldson. Well deserved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we handed you all three goals to be fair, a penalty in the first minute and two very bad defensive errors. In the end you were hanging on to the lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

I think we handed you all three goals to be fair, a penalty in the first minute and two very bad defensive errors. In the end you were hanging on to the lead.

Typical Broxburn performance. Play reasonably well and make lots of chances but concede a couple of soft goals and as you say Burnie man are hanging on at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Typical Broxburn performance. Play reasonably well and make lots of chances but concede a couple of soft goals and as you say Burnie man are hanging on at the end.
I didn't think our goals were of the soft variety, two cracking crosses converted at the back post. We also made a few chances, including being clean through with keeper to beat at 1-0 but keeper done well to block it.

We didn't do enough to deserve anything from the game, left it too late to waken up, but there wasn't too much between the sides in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I didn't think our goals were of the soft variety, two cracking crosses converted at the back post. We also made a few chances, including being clean through with keeper to beat at 1-0 but keeper done well to block it.

We didn't do enough to deserve anything from the game, left it too late to waken up, but there wasn't too much between the sides in the end.

I think we did deserve the points, we missed a few chances too but today easily could of been a draw in injury time, you see it a lot.  I was being a wee bit sarcastic when I said I wasn't worried lol.  Connor had another good game in goals. How's your keeper? I hope he's not too serious.

Good luck in the rest of the season, it looks promising for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, albynpark said:

I think we did deserve the points, we missed a few chances too but today easily could of been a draw in injury time, you see it a lot.  I was being a wee bit sarcastic when I said I wasn't worried lol.  Connor had another good game in goals. How's your keeper? I hope he's not too serious.

Good luck in the rest of the season, it looks promising for you

Aye I think Broxburn warranted the 3 points, you can't defend like we did in this league and expect anything. Your front guys were sharp to exploit it.

We need to do better to stay in this league.

Think it's a knee issue, he was out for over a year upto the start of this season with a knee injury so hopefully not a recurrance.

 

Edited by Burnie_man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I didn't think our goals were of the soft variety, two cracking crosses converted at the back post. We also made a few chances, including being clean through with keeper to beat at 1-0 but keeper done well to block it.

We didn't do enough to deserve anything from the game, left it too late to waken up, but there wasn't too much between the sides in the end.

Broxburn full backs (I know they were both makeshift) were sleeping for both crosses so I thought they were as soft as the two goals Blackburn gave away. 

Hope the GK is okay and not a reoccurrence as you say.  

Think you have more than enough to stay up and will win a lot of games with your honest hard working style.  Could easily have folded at 3-0 but in the end you could have grabbed a point. 

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...