todays scores

Meadowsup

3 hours ago, Bul2 said:

Outsider - you are correct - goal was from open play Not from the penalty - apologies for my mistake

You are right the number seven was / could be a handful , if he was allowed to play football and not kicked up in the air after making some of the Kello players looking a tit and they just had a mad swipe at him
There was one incident midway through the second half when one of the Rivers players basically crashed through the back of him, nearly jumping onto his back and the ref didn’t even speak to the player concerned
If someone goes in hard but wins the ball that is fine , but, when you have deliberate attempts to stop the game and/ or to injure players with no attempt to win the ball , the refs need to be more even handed

To illustrate more what I felt that was the lack of consistency / even handed treatment, the handbags between Hyslop and a Cumnock player ended with a booking for the Cumnock player only- why as they were both “at it”

Still wearing those rose tinted glasses Bul2?

Explain this to me, Kello no4 fouls Cumnock no7 outside the box, his first foul of the game, wasn't a hard or dirty tackle but ref decides to book him. About 10-15 min later Kello no4 gets to the ball first on half way line and clears it, Cumnock player clatters him late and hard leaving stud marks on no4's ankle, ref gives foul but no booking? So yes I'll agree ref wasn't consistent and in that instance wasn't even handed but with those glasses on you probably missed that. There was many more instances throughout the game when both teams felt hard done to by the refs decisions, that's fitba I'm afraid, the players have to get over it and on with the game.

You need to look beyond the ref mate and ask why a team on Kello Rovers budget could match a team on probably 10 times their budget, perhaps just a bad day at the office. Wouldn't give up hope of winning the group either, Kello aren't shoe ins to win the other two games.

Edited to add, I'm pretty sure Shaka got booked in the incident you mention, as you said to Spit, the rain might've been playing tricks with the glasses.

Edited by outsider

The incident you mention was where the Cumnock player followed through into the Kello player was a definite yellow , although as he went to go to the tackle another player tried to pull him back and it put him off balance and he carried on with the challenge when he should have pulled out of it - definite yellow

The first one you mentioned is a matter of opinion - I felt the “tackle” was very similar to the other one but the defender stepped out and scythed the boy down as he was going along the edge of the box
All about opinions mate, but, that was the type of “tackles” I was talking about
All the best to the Rovers, deserves their “win” although to be fair, both teams were not very good , let’s hope both improve in next few games

Rumour has it the boy Guthrie who scored the first was supposed to be suspended, the points should be taken off the Nock!

It doesn’t help that the sjfa no longer list suspended players/ officials on the website which will no doubt add to confusion. Hopefully they will reinstate the list as they still have the section which then directs clubs to check the admin section for their own club.

It doesn’t help that the sjfa no longer list suspended players/ officials on the website which will no doubt add to confusion. Hopefully they will reinstate the list as they still have the section which then directs clubs to check the admin section for their own club.
Cambuslang just been deducted 2points for fielding a suspended player on Saturday!

10 hours ago, MonthePort said:

Guthrie's ban doesn't transfer from the amateurs across to the Juniors. He was eligible to play.

Port didn't deserve the 3 points in either case

Unless there has been a very recent change to the rules this isn't the case. The wording on a notification of suspension from the Central Scottish states that 'you will stand suspended from all Saturday or Sunday football.'

Think it's to do with Greenock.

I think my wee joke was a wee bit obscure mate
I initially read it and thought “why is this guy talking about Cumnock”..... penny dropped very slowly, but, thought I would have a wee joke..... not a very good one as it happens !!!!!

1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

Unless there has been a very recent change to the rules this isn't the case. The wording on a notification of suspension from the Central Scottish states that 'you will stand suspended from all Saturday or Sunday football.'

The only ban that transfers from amateur to junior is one in which it is a specified amount of time e.g. 6 months. Bans relating to number of matches do not transfer from amateur to juniors.

16 minutes ago, Greenock Juniors F.C. said:

The only ban that transfers from amateur to junior is one in which it is a specified amount of time e.g. 6 months. Bans relating to number of matches do not transfer from amateur to juniors.

Why then,in a letter concerning a one match ban,would it state that the one match suspension was from all Saturday and Sunday football?