todays scores

Meadowsup

Looks like you have turned a wee corner. Well done !
Cheers m8,yes the lads have had a good pre season,we kept about 8 from last season and added a few experienced guys as well,and bringing back Graham Gracie was also a massive coup for the club

What's going on at Kello? I was expecting them to win this game comfortably.
Cumnock won't win anything comfortably, kello could and should have beaten them in the 90mins, kello missing a penalty in the first half, Cumnock moaned the faceoff the ref for most of the match, burns and semple put more effort into trying to ref it than play it,

1 hour ago, spit said:
1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:
What's going on at Kello? I was expecting them to win this game comfortably.

Cumnock won't win anything comfortably, kello could and should have beaten them in the 90mins, kello missing a penalty in the first half, Cumnock moaned the faceoff the ref for most of the match, burns and semple put more effort into trying to ref it than play it,

I think you need to read the post again

Gartcairn 2 shire 3 our scorers Paul Butler with a double and Steven Logan good result and performance considering some of the players we had missing today impressed with our squad so far even though it’s still early in the season

Can’t really argue with the first part of your post . However , I think that some of the Cumnock players , not just Semple and Burns were asking the referee for some protection against the incessant “assaults” on our players .

You are right on one point if yesterday is the standard Cumnock show this season, they won’t win anything comfortably . To say Kello could and should have won the game in ninety minutes is stretching it a bit as the Kello goal was a dubious penalty . Dubious because a similar incident down the other end ( in fact probably more clear cut) was ignored by the ref , who had a shocker

Best of luck to the Rovers , but, best team on the day....... think you should stop standing in the rain with your rose tinted specks

5 hours ago, Bul2 said:

Can’t really argue with the first part of your post . However , I think that some of the Cumnock players , not just Semple and Burns were asking the referee for some protection against the incessant “assaults” on our players .

You are right on one point if yesterday is the standard Cumnock show this season, they won’t win anything comfortably . To say Kello could and should have won the game in ninety minutes is stretching it a bit as the Kello goal was a dubious penalty . Dubious because a similar incident down the other end ( in fact probably more clear cut) was ignored by the ref , who had a shocker

Best of luck to the Rovers , but, best team on the day....... think you should stop standing in the rain with your rose tinted specks

Were you at the game?

The reason I ask is that you said the Kello goal was a penalty, Kello missed a pen early doors, their goal was scored from open play in the second half.

As for assaults and the ref having a shocker, the second part has some truth in it right enough but as for assaults I can assure you Cumnock gave out as much as they took. Perhaps there was more than Spit wearing rose tinted glasses.

I will agree with you that Kello weren't the better team, thought Cumnock were the better in first half, not by much though, second half much more even, Kello put a man on Paul Burns which seemed to work as most if not all of Cumnocks play earlier in the game came from him. Thought the no7 looked a handful for Cumnock.

Once it went to pens it was any ones game, as was proven with only 5 out of the 10 pens scored.

Outsider - you are correct - goal was from open play Not from the penalty - apologies for my mistake

You are right the number seven was / could be a handful , if he was allowed to play football and not kicked up in the air after making some of the Kello players looking a tit and they just had a mad swipe at him
There was one incident midway through the second half when one of the Rivers players basically crashed through the back of him, nearly jumping onto his back and the ref didn’t even speak to the player concerned
If someone goes in hard but wins the ball that is fine , but, when you have deliberate attempts to stop the game and/ or to injure players with no attempt to win the ball , the refs need to be more even handed

To illustrate more what I felt that was the lack of consistency / even handed treatment, the handbags between Hyslop and a Cumnock player ended with a booking for the Cumnock player only- why as they were both “at it”