Opening day scores

johnmc80

Few big scores today. Hopefully it’s not going to set the tone for the season. The smaller teams are going to have to organise themselves to keep the score down when playing the top teams. Not a good look for the league.

Think there were only a few such heavy score lines in the opening rounds of fixtures last season.  As much of a worry as the 8s and 6s is the fact that there were five blanks today.
If I'm not mistaken the 3 teams handing out drubbings are the 3 latest promoted arrivals.
Early days but things like this should mean more relegation.

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

If I'm not mistaken the 3 teams handing out drubbings are the 3 latest promoted arrivals.

Good point.

As you say, early days, but more relegation should necessitate more promotion, in both directions, and that could be tricky. Some teams may be better equipped to galvanise and remain in their respective divisions, whereas others may simply be marking time and awaiting the inevitable.

3 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Usually takes a few games to decide who's going to be in the top half.

Think it's been decided after the first game.

Indeed. You could probably draw a line under tonight’s top ten and see those teams jostling for those positions all season and the remaining teams fighting to avoid relegation, and four of the teams haven’t even kicked a ball. 

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

I dont think anyone from the first week of the lowland was under any false illusions that there were/are bigger clubs within non keague football, do you think that the vale and dalbeattie etc dont know there limits and where they stand within a pyramid,  the juniors chasing gold and jumping en mass last year, and now every month there is someone stamping there feet with demands that suit there own agenda....

Edited by magoo