The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

22 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

My point is you’re going on as if his views are completely harmless, and as if it’s not a reflection on him as an individual. 

you see the old chestnut routinely trotted out that " can't believe anyone would suffer ill will on anyone else just because they have different politick views".

I wonder what the benchmark is for when political or personal views become so extreme that it is reasonable to be flippant as to whether that person suffers at the hands of their own stupidity and/or arrogance? a hatred of the poor? celebration of colonialism? constant racist and xenophobic remarks? 

This article has been posted/mentioned on the Indy thread.

If we're talking about cluster-fucks it really should be on here.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-path-speci/special-report-johnson-listened-to-his-scientists-about-coronavirus-but-they-were-slow-to-sound-the-alarm-idUKKBN21P1X8

2 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

Personally I think Ian Duncan Smith and the DWP should declare him fit to work by tomorrow.

Sorta have to respect IDS's commitment to being a c**t and an ideologue that even when a colleague, and presumably a friend, is potentially fighting for his life he's still accusing him of being a shirker.

Edited by NotThePars

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Sorta have to respect IDS's commitment to being a c**t and an ideologue that even when a colleague, and presumably a friend, is potentially fighting for his life he's still accusing him of being a shirker.

Why would you presume that people in the same political party would be "friends"?

I certainly wouldn't wish him, or anyone else for that matter, to die from Covid-19, but re-reading this extract from the Reuters article mentioned above, I hope he is suffering a lot of pain and discomfort.

Yet the next day, March 3, Prime Minister Boris Johnson was his cheery self. He joked that he was still shaking hands with everyone, including at a hospital treating coronavirus patients.

“Our country remains extremely well prepared,” Johnson said as Italy reached 79 deaths. “We already have a fantastic NHS,” the national public health service, “fantastic testing systems and fantastic surveillance of the spread of disease.”

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

You've got IDS all wrong, Jim Murphy said he was his favourite Tory because he really understood and cared about the problems poor people have.

27 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Why would you presume that people in the same political party would be "friends"?

IDS said they were friends in a statement. His statement also had a distinct whiff of declaring fit to work about it as well. What a guy. 

Just now, Londonwell said:

IDS said they were friends in a statement. His statement also had a distinct whiff of declaring fit to work about it as well. What a guy. 

Politician makes statement. Pinch of salt looked for.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

You've got IDS all wrong, Jim Murphy said he was his favourite Tory because he really understood and cared about the problems poor people have.

I knew a Corbynite that felt the same*. Utterly bizarre. 

*Not Detournement

6 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

you see the old chestnut routinely trotted out that " can't believe anyone would suffer ill will on anyone else just because they have different politick views".

I wonder what the benchmark is for when political or personal views become so extreme that it is reasonable to be flippant as to whether that person suffers at the hands of their own stupidity and/or arrogance? a hatred of the poor? celebration of colonialism? constant racist and xenophobic remarks? 

The f**k are you on about?  I had a mug of tea with a couple of ginger biscuits earlier and will have chicken curry with a bottle of IPA later.  I can't think of a better way of 'celebrating colonialism'.  Better add me to underline my name on your pathetic list of transgressors.

Why is he in good spirits and not on a ventilator and is  still in an Icu word ? He is just taking up space if the stories are correct

Because being in ICU helps build up the ‘Superhero Boris’ image for when he comes out. There are sadly a large number of people in the UK who actually believe he has handled this crisis well and is the best PM since Churchill. A lot of the media also pander to this as well!