The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

17 minutes ago, GAD said:

Now that it's pretty obvious it's over for Johnson, I kind of want to see how far he takes it. The whole of British politics was always supposed to be about doing the "right and honourable" thing and now we've got a guy in there giving it "f**k you, if you like resigning so much you fucking do it, I'm staying" and there is not really any mechanism to deal with this. He's broken all the rules, but they forgot to ever actually write them down, so unlucky. We've not had a functioning government for months.

On balance, this has been for the best.

47 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

How is is going to end for Boris, 

Sofas, and wardrobes up against windows in number 10,  a dining room chair up against the internal door handles .

Him  dressed in army fatigues, wearing a fez, for comedy value.  Charcoal strip across the nose.,Armed with wooden spoon,  baseball bat, and NERF gun,  and he has a days long stand off with a group 9f boy scouts, armed with catapults and water pistols.

Reminds me of this for some reason

Edited by Soapy FFC

1 hour ago, 101 said:

We probably haven't had a properly functioning government in the purest sense since he got in. I mean appointing someone with links to the KGB to the house of Lords should have been enough to end someone's premiership.

How many ‘single issue’ events have occurred that should in themselves been reason for him to go?

What we have witnessed/are witnessing is the suspension of all norms.  Maybe the reason others like Raab, Gove, Truss, Patel, Zahari are standing by him is that they support that sort of leadership style and would continue it in office.  Now the ‘comply with common standards’ approach has been breached why return to it?  It is far easier to govern without it.

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

After scraping past Gordon Brown a few weeks ago, he's only got to cling on a few more days to overtake the tenure of these famously successful Prime Ministers.

image.png.2206efbc5ab5537f2af32f898b7194bc.png

At least Neville Chamberlain had a fearful adversary. Has Johnson?

Despite yesterday's goings on and the major turmoil in our Government, the FTSE has opened UP nearly 170 points !!

If that doesn't tell a story about our new chancellor being the leader of a far right secret society funded by the CIA then nothing does.....

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Despite yesterday's goings on and the major turmoil in our Government, the FTSE has opened UP nearly 170 points !!

If that doesn't tell a story about our new chancellor being the leader of a far right secret society funded by the CIA then nothing does.....

I've seen a suggestion that the new Chancer of the Exchequer will spray public money around to try to save Boris' skin. Possibly a short term reaction to that? 

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

How many ‘single issue’ events have occurred that should in themselves been reason for him to go?

What we have witnessed/are witnessing is the suspension of all norms.  Maybe the reason others like Raab, Gove, Truss, Patel, Zahari are standing by him is that they support that sort of leadership style and would continue it in office.  Now the ‘comply with common standards’ approach has been breached why return to it?  It is far easier to govern without it.

Off the very top of my head

Proroguing parliament.

Cummings trip to Durham.

Awarding Sir Gavin Williamson a knighthood to avoid the story of him being sucked off in his office making the press.

Missing the initial COBR meetings

Covid contracts 

Flip flopping over the second lockdown "let the bodies pile high"

A resignation for each of the 19(?) Parties in Downing Street

The refurb of the Downing Street flat

The establishment of the Downing Street media suite

Owen Paterson scandal

Lying to the house over the parties

Lying about Keir Starmer failing to prosecute Jimmy Saville

Attempting to get donors to build a £150k treehouse in Chequers

Double by-elections failings (not a reason the public would expect a resignation but I imagine the party would normally expect a resignation)

On top of the individual reasons for him acting in a way that isn't befitting of the office of Prime Minister he has also continually eroded the power of the house of commons by him and his government publishing policy objectives in the Telegraph and carried out Media briefings rather than appearances in front of the House of Commons. He has also appointed so many duds to the House of Commons including cash for honours for anyone who donates £3m to his party and in each case should be a resignation matter.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Off the very top of my head

Proroguing parliament.

Cummings trip to Durham.

Awarding Sir Gavin Williamson a knighthood to avoid the story of him being sucked off in his office making the press.

Missing the initial COBR meetings

Covid contracts 

Flip flopping over the second lockdown "let the bodies pile high"

A resignation for each of the 19(?) Parties in Downing Street

The refurb of the Downing Street flat

The establishment of the Downing Street media suite

Owen Paterson scandal

Lying to the house over the parties

Lying about Keir Starmer failing to prosecute Jimmy Saville

Attempting to get donors to build a £150k treehouse in Chequers

Double by-elections failings (not a reason the public would expect a resignation but I imagine the party would normally expect a resignation)

On top of the individual reasons for him acting in a way that isn't befitting of the office of Prime Minister he has also continually eroded the power of the house of commons by him and his government publishing policy objectives in the Telegraph and carried out Media briefings rather than appearances in front of the House of Commons. He has also appointed so many duds to the House of Commons including cash for honours for anyone who donates £3m to his party and in each case should be a resignation matter.

He lies so often it is now an accepted default by many Tory voters.  But not all, poll just released suggests that for the first time a majority of Tory voters want him to resign, only 33% think he should stay.