The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

I'm refusing to get my hopes up even slightly about this. However (and I'm not old enough to have lived during Thatcher's time to be fair) I have never despised a politician as much as Johnson. So nothing would give me more joy than him and his supporters being humiliated tonight.

Rwanda is just the start of more horrific right-wing policies they would bring in. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

It's quite funny all this, because we get to pretend that it's all the fault of the guy at the top and everything will be sorted if we swap him out, rather than the failing and decrepit system and the criminal cartel that is the Conservative party.

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Assume Douglas Ross will abstain to avoid making an actual decision. 

The day keeps improving. Beats the jubilee by a country mile.

Tory on tory action, and i care not how much damage they do to each other. By-elections upcoming too.

Supposedly 90 MPs have officially backed him. What's this shit about galvanising the West against Russia? None of NATO seem to trust him with his links to Lebdev and dodgy Russian cash for Brexit. 

Edited by dirty dingus

2 minutes ago, Zern said:

The day keeps improving. Beats the jubilee by a country mile.

Tory on tory action, and i care not how much damage they do to each other. By-elections upcoming too.

I’d like to see either Dorries for the sheer comedy value as she’s an absolute moron and it’s genuinely worrying she won an election or we just embrace full on Fascist State and get Patel in. 

24 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm refusing to get my hopes up even slightly about this. However (and I'm not old enough to have lived during Thatcher's time to be fair) I have never despised a politician as much as Johnson. So nothing would give me more joy than him and his supporters being humiliated tonight.

Rwanda is just the start of more horrific right-wing policies they would bring in. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

It is tough comparing Thatcher to Johnson as they are so very different. pretty much the only thing they have in common is the fact that they are/were Tory PMs. 

Johnson is weak sauce compared to Thatcher. He tries to please people and ends up pleasing nobody. He is lazy, incompetent and has no clear sense of purpose. Thatcher was none of that. He's an accidental villain; she grafted hard to become one, and became a great one. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I think Truss is a dangerous idiot who could send the navy into the Black Sea.

Ben Wallace or Penny Mordaunt. Wallace has had a "good" run at defence secretary what with the Ukrain-Russia war. Mordaunt is a Brexiteer (and also a former Def Sec) with some appeal across the Tory isles. Both have the advantage of not previously having been in a high profile enough job to look stupid doing it (Truss) or exposed as someone so rich and out of touch, they look down on the 1% (Sunak)

Tom Tugendhat was mentioned as a possible replacement for Boris on the BBC. His Wikipedia page didn't instantly highlight to me that he's one of the more dangerous Tories.

Anyone more clued up on him?