The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Just now, Brother Blades said:

Really? Has the monarch ever refused in modern times? 

Not that I’m aware, howeverI doubt if anyone has asked in petulance.  If there is someone else that can form a government, and there would be in the Tory ranks, then she’d ask them.

Anyway Johnson would get gutted by his own party if he tried that one.  Probably get deselected.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, but apart from that... he's got a reputation for competency at his Department roles and he can be ferocious at the despatch box. I still think he's got a chance of slipping through unnoticed like May. 

Gove would definitely be my choice.

Hes done well in every job he’s had.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling

21 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

All hail the useful idiot who only tells the truth by accident when lashing out. 

According to Nadine Dorries 96% of those letters sent to 1922 committee were in support of Boris. 😍

I think if BJ goes Britannia Unhinged would get behind one candidate (probably Priti) and look to fight a GE on the sort of "red meat" policies that would attract their 2019 converts - hanging anyone?

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Present, past or future?

There is an old saying about a bloke who marries his bit on the side immediately creating a vacancy, but I'll leave it to others to decide if it applies to the PM given his outstanding track record of honesty, integrity and fidelity. 

🤔

1 minute ago, btb said:

I think if BJ goes Britannia Unhinged would get behind one candidate (probably Priti) and look to fight a GE on the sort of "red meat" policies that would attract their 2019 converts - hanging anyone?

I'm surprised it not yet listed as a Brexit "benefit". The tories have always been rather keen on the death penalty. (Until it is one of their own.)

6 minutes ago, btb said:

6 months ago I’d have agreed with you that the membership would have elected the most evil arsepiece they could get their paws on (definitely Priti) but with it becoming clearer that Rwanda is a w**k fantasy that’s not going to be fulfilled without hefty legal shenanigans I reckon it’ll be Truss. Beige, and girlboss might seem cooler counterpoint to Kieth as well as shoveling out currently toxic Bullingdon culture. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

6 months ago I’d have agreed with you that the membership would have elected the most evil arsepiece they could get their paws on (definitely Priti) but with it becoming clearer that Rwanda is a w**k fantasy that’s not going to be fulfilled without hefty legal shenanigans I reckon it’ll be Truss. Beige, and girlboss might seem cooler counterpoint to Kieth as well as shoveling out currently toxic Bullingdon culture. 

Truss is one of the BU co-authors plus it would be good to get a lass who was skooled in Paisley into Downing Street!

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

44C8A73D-456D-4193-AD94-8FF83AC2DA95.gif.910b5ddede441f0d029f2f6777a573c4.gif

Tin Lizzy would be hilarious, but it would get less funny when she launches WW3.

Kwazi Kwarteng anyone? He was one of the co-authors of that Britannia Unchained piss. No great scandals attached.

17 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

There is an old saying about a bloke who marries his bit on the side immediately creating a vacancy, but I'll leave it to others to decide if it applies to the PM given his outstanding track record of honesty, integrity and fidelity. 

🤔

Rumour has it that there is super-injunction in place to prevent the naming of his current mistress.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think Truss is a dangerous idiot who could send the navy into the Black Sea.

Isn't her knowledge of geography a bit dodgy?

More likely to send them into Ferguslie!

Edited by btb

Think it will be Wallace as the dark horse as he's the war guy on the Bozo team, so could play out the tough on Russia angle. Johnny Mercer being the war guy not on  Bozos team might also be a good outsider. The dressy up weekend soldier Francois can stand outside the ballot room with a spud gun and rubber knife.

4 minutes ago, Zern said:

Kwazi Kwarteng anyone? He was one of the co-authors of that Britannia Unchained piss. No great scandals attached.

No, thick as mince and gets pwned every time he has to go on the telly. Even managed to look shite on the BBC. Wallace or Sharma would be my outside bets although Sharma seems a bit too sensible to want the gig.