The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Sure aye, but only if they tell you first resulting in swinging your opinion of them in that direction. You can't really tell whom a person is going to vote for same as you don't know what football team they support just by looking at them unless they show their colours or tell you.

The exception to this are year after year supporters of a party whom for some reason vote for the opposition by mistake then are unable to keep it to themselves on social media.

I agree but I only made the claim that I know the type of person that votes tory. If I have buddies who turn out to be tory voters I'd be absolutely floored. But you never know.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Sure aye, but only if they tell you first resulting in swinging your opinion of them in that direction. You can't really tell whom a person is going to vote for same as you don't know what football team they support just by looking at them unless they show their colours or tell you.

The exception to this are year after year supporters of a party whom for some reason vote for the opposition by mistake then are unable to keep it to themselves on social media.

I've know quite a few Tory voters and/or Rangers fans who didn't need to tell me outright where their interests lay.

I'd imagine that, if you did a questionnaire about the voting habits of the people you work with, most people could successfully pick out the Conservative voters more easily than the other parties. Well, apart from the UKIP/Brexit/National Front types who bang on about foreigners and minorities all the time, although they're harder to differentiate from Tories these days.

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I'd be a little bit curious to know why someone would give you a questionnaire to fill out about your opinion on the people you worked with on any subject that is personal. But mostly I'd be concerned and a tad wary, probably refuse to do it.

Well, that's that very serious plan blown straight out of the water, then.

Back to the drawing board.

1 hour ago, Anonapersona said:

I agree but I only made the claim that I know the type of person that votes tory. If I have buddies who turn out to be tory voters I'd be absolutely floored. But you never know.

Yeah, if I had any friends I wouldn’t want them to be Tories.

In other jubbly news, and its association with the more Richard Crainially minded, I came out of a shop in Portobello early this afternoon to witness a little black car going along the High Street with its windows open, belting out what was a pretty hellish rendition of a flute band playing "The Sash". 

Her maj would be thrilled. Me? Not so much.

Thankfully I witnessed only about half a dozen displays of UJ "bunting" during my hour or so's walk, happily noting that there were far more displays of Ukrainian flags than that. Maybe the country isn't as mental as it might appear. 

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

In other jubbly news, and its association with the more Richard Crainially minded, I came out of a shop in Portobello early this afternoon to witness a little black car going along the High Street with its windows open, belting out what was a pretty hellish rendition of a flute band playing "The Sash". 

Her maj would be thrilled. Me? Not so much.

Thankfully I witnessed only about half a dozen displays of UJ "bunting" during my hour or so's walk, happily noting that there were far more displays of Ukrainian flags than that. Maybe the country isn't as mental as it might appear. 

Saw a house today festooned with Union Jack flags and bunting.  Sad.

Just now, Snafu said:

Didn't you once vote Tory by mistake?

I take it you never spoke to yourself for a while.

No I didn’t and I don’t talk to myself.  Maybe you’re confusing you with me!

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Yeah but gob shites with extreme views tend to out themselves without too much encouragement anyway.

We seem to be measuring the assumed views of political values on the views of said gob shites far too often when everyone is different and has different opinions even if they vote the same, the reasons for voting for that party might be completely different from said gobshite. UKIP, Britain First or any other scumbag racist bigot party excluded because they are just simply bad uns regardless of the reason to vote for them.

However, if somebody's voting Tory and their overriding concern isn't self above all else, they're doing it wrong. People don't need to be full-blown tub-thumping objectivists for that to come through in their actions, even if their words say otherwise.

Most party voters will have certain unifying threads in common. We SNP voters all like dressing up and mild fascism, for example.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

I can't see what supporting a football team has anything to do with who you vote for during a general or local election.

I've known many Rangers fans who have voted SNP, not one whom has ever voted Conservative.

Queen of the South or Aberdeen fans get called Tory voters for the banter sure but you really don't know unless you ask and they decide to tell you.

If you are from Moray (Dougie Ross country) you have to be a Tory.

But given that the Conservatives are the 2nd party in Scotland and remain UK in Scotland is still strong, where are they all hiding?  C'mon show yerselves.. :lol:

Since you ask, I've never voted Tory and can't imagine that ever changing.

Never voted Labour either. 

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

What do you mean, 99% of all Scottish furries would prefer an independent Scotland?

According to a mate  :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I've genuinely never heard of anyone voting on Brexit because of a dislike of foreigners.

Maybe it's the company you keep?

4 pages of bites, good one you.

I'm not sure you're real? Can I call you out?

I don't post on here much, or little to more or less.

Can I ask what is the benefit of the Uk and Ni from leaving the EU, also not sure if you are an in or outer, just curious. 

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

She is absolute desperate for Boris to pay attention to her.

You don't get overpromoted to that degree without knowing what and when to sook.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

4 pages of bites, good one you.

I'm not sure you're real? Can I call you out?

I don't post on here much, or little to more or less.

Can I ask what is the benefit of the Uk and Ni from leaving the EU, also not sure if you are an in or outer, just curious. 

Bites?  How so?

If I'm not real, would there be much point in answering?

Happy to have a good faith conversation if you drop the snideyness though.

43 minutes ago, RiG said:

She is absolute desperate for Boris to pay attention to her.

There’s plenty of Tories I dislike but she’s the only one I can think of who is unhinged.  I won’t make light of mental health issues but I genuinely think she has problems.

She has also been promoted way beyond her abilities and under a new Tory leader will soon be a backbencher again.