The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

33 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Was speaking to a mate after the County game today who told me "Boris was an intellectual who won't talk any crap and get things done".

I honestly shudder when I wonder how people interpret things sometimes.

I hear it all the time here in NW England and from people who have voted Labour all their days.

It really  is depressing.

57 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

My views are similar to those of the Campaign for Better Transport - increase capacity in other ways on lines to/from London.. 

What are these other ways to increase capacity on existing lines to/from London?

28 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

What are these other ways to increase capacity on existing lines to/from London?

An new oval shaped line with a 200 mile long train that stops every 10 minutes to let people on and off. Boris thinks it's a brilliant plan. I'm going to be rich!

Johnson. He is like EVERY other politician. They talk the good talk but it is pish in the end. When I write EVERY politician, I mean EVERY politician. Take from that what you will. G'night.

I don't think HS2 is that bad an idea tbh though if I had a bajillion quid to spend on railways I would've spent it on making the whole network wide gauge instead. European mainland trains are braw for that.
What's wide gauge?

50 minutes ago, sfha said:

Johnson. He is like EVERY other politician. They talk the good talk but it is pish in the end. When I write EVERY politician, I mean EVERY politician. Take from that what you will. G'night.

Tony Benn, Enoch Powell, Mo Mowlam, Oswald Mosley and Mhairi Black aye?

13 hours ago, Comrie said:

Was speaking to a mate after the County game today who told me "Boris was an intellectual who won't talk any crap and get things done".

I honestly shudder when I wonder how people interpret things sometimes.

I guess people think that he has charisma.  So did Tony Blair, Bill Clinton, John F Kennedy and Adolf Hitler.

Usually it means being able to wow an audience and glad-hand a crowd but for some people it also suggests that you are capable of fixing anything.

"Straw in to Gold?  Hey no problem.  I am a bit busy just now but I'll get it done."

I don't think he will wow the people in the EU.  I am sure he will try but they simply see him as a buffoon.

Great solutions from Mr Alexander B. Johnson.  I doubt it.

Told to f**k off by the EU because he’s going in with impossible demands.

Told to f**k off by Parliament about No Deal.

Election victory in early to mid-October.

No Deal on October 31st.

This looks like the pretty obvious masterplan right now.

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

A combination of the following -

Resignalling to increase capacity and line speeds. 

Build new freight only lines/loops (much cheaper) to free up space for passenger trains on existing lines.

Reinstate double tracks in areas that were singled under British Rail.

Add more tracks where space allows in congested areas. This is already happening in some areas, e.g. around Rugby. 

Electrify diesel lines to enable electric trains to use them.

Put in more passing loops to allow faster trains to overtake slower, stopping trains.

Put in longer platforms and increase train length where space allows. Johnson did this on London commuter routes.