The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Just now, Caledonian1 said:

In terms of Independence it is of course better that Boris stays and inevitably moves from this disaster to the next 347 disasters.  It would also put the Tories in Holyrood in disary as they have all called for his head. Who would replace DRoss as leader....no way could he continue for a few more months under Boris.

I quite agree. I'm pro independence so this is one of those occasions when I'm a little bit torn. Part of me thinks that the longer the odious creep stays in power, the better for the independence objective as it just points out the powerlessness of Scottish representation at Westminster. On the other hand I am heartily sick of the smug gits on the Tory front bench. 

Still, it could be worse - I could be a Scottish Tory unable to decide between decency and the likes of Patel, Rees Mogg and Dorries... and, of course the Cabinet's man in Scotland, Jack. 

47 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Now Downing Street say that if police fines are issued, they won't say who receives them? 

It just gets worse!

Loving it. There is no self-destruct button these w@nkers won't press. 

I find it depressing. He's getting away with it.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Now Downing Street say that if police fines are issued, they won't say who receives them? 

It just gets worse!

Loving it. There is no self-destruct button these w@nkers won't press. 

Surely Parliament would require the Prime Minister to inform them if he has a criminal conviction. 

I can't understand why the media don't seem to have much to say about those who received fines for various breaches of Covid rules - especially given that police around Number 10 appeared to turn a blind eye to caseloads of booze being shipped into the place through the back door.

The police have behaved like utter c***s through all of this.

See here :

https://inews.co.uk/news/covid-lockdown-rules-fines-ordinary-people-got-visiting-partners-playing-cricket-1399451

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

No 10 have apparently just confirmed a u-turn. We will be told if Bojo gets a penalty notice. 

"Hypothetically, yes". 

Boris won't be getting the fine since there is no evidence he personally organised the parties. And the police are there to do his bidding.

So that is that. Operation Save Big Dog is a Churchillian success.

Boris won't be getting the fine since there is no evidence he personally organised the parties. And the police are there to do his bidding.
So that is that. Operation Save Big Dog is a Churchillian success.
Let's just see what happens after the May elections. They'll give an indicator this Thursday's by-election can't as to exactly how much of a millstone he's become to their chances at the next GE.
That the questions thrown at him in Kyiv were all related to his rearguard action in London suggests this ain't going away anytime soon.

Any bets on his plane back being delayed to allow him to skive off PMQs tomorrow? If so, could we have Dorries? Pleeaase!!!

13 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Any bets on his plane back being delayed to allow him to skive off PMQs tomorrow?

I'm betting he'll be back to make sure nobody gets the chance to impress the backbenchers as a better leader.

I'm betting he'll be back to make sure nobody gets the chance to impress the backbenchers as a better leader.
Even the most loyal of his lickspittles (yes, Nadine, I'm looking at you) is looking increasingly dead eyed when asked to ascribe any measure of competence to the fat chancer. As Starmer said yesterday, every day they debase not only our democracy but themselves.

Majority of Tory members (not the best barometer I know), now say that partygate is completely overblown and that he is doing a 'good job'.

By the time of the next GE, the news cycle will have well and truly moved on. Their social media is already taking about Labour being untrustworthy (sic) as they will take us back into the EU. Expect to hear that ad nauseum, Add in a bit of well timed tax cutting, and Brexit Freedom Bills, and their core vote will hold up, and pull in a few right wing waverers as well.

What would throw an interesting spanner into his re-election would be if the SNP demanded that, in the event of them having a clear majority of Scottish MP'S at the GE, that negotiations for Independence will commence. If he refuses the SNP should not take up their seats at Westminster. That would create a constitutional crisis as with potentially 59 seats, one part of the UK would not be represented. That is not UDI but it is forcing a Tory govt to react.

Otherwise this will all be a constant cycle of England votes Tory, Scotland votes SNP...can we have a Ref?....No...and onto the next election for the same again.

Edited by Jedi

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Even the most loyal of his lickspittles (yes, Nadine, I'm looking at you) is looking increasingly dead eyed when asked to ascribe any measure of competence to the fat chancer. As Starmer said yesterday, every day they debase not only our democracy but themselves.

To be fair, she’s always looked like that.

49 minutes ago, Jedi said:

What would throw an interesting spanner into his re-election would be if the SNP demanded that, in the event of them having a clear majority of Scottish MP'S at the GE, that negotiations for Independence will commence. If he refuses the SNP should not take up their seats at Westminster. That would create a constitutional crisis as with potentially 59 seats, one part of the UK would not be represented. That is not UDI but it is forcing a Tory govt to react.

Otherwise this will all be a constant cycle of England votes Tory, Scotland votes SNP...can we have a Ref?....No...and onto the next election for the same again.

You’d think - but I suspect the English Tories would ignore it (perhaps even welcome a lack of Scots), whilst using their northern puppets to squeal that ordinary Scots are outraged at those separatist devils not doing their day jobs, and not bowing to Westminster rule. Loyalists would line up behind this and the media would play up “Scotland is furious at the SNP not representing them in the Great British Parliament”.

Would try the 'clear majority of MP's' and negotiations for Independence start, first...

As said otherwise, we are stuck in a constant loop...NS 'Can we have a Ref?', Johnson 'No'. Rinse and repeat.

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Would try the 'clear majority of MP's' and negotiations for Independence start, first...

As said otherwise, we are stuck in a constant loop...NS 'Can we have a Ref?', Johnson 'No'. Rinse and repeat.

Not taking Westminster seats could be part of an escalating process if we're refused a referendum after a clear electoral mandate, but I doubt it would be a game changer on its own, especially with a Tory majority. No overall majority on the other hand?

Yes, a hung parliament could be a different scenario. However, with a 79 seat Tory majority now....still seems unlikely that they will lose enough seats in England to make that happen...reduced majority certainly but NOC?...not so sure..maybe a majority of around 30.

Edited by Jedi

Not taking Westminster seats could be part of an escalating process if we're refused a referendum after a clear electoral mandate, but I doubt it would be a game changer on its own, especially with a Tory majority. No overall majority on the other hand?

I can see it being pursued down the line but the Tories would happily ignore it and the SNP MPs like the theatre of Westminster. It’s obvious Blackford enjoyed walking out the other day even if he was correct to do so.