The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

I spent several happy years working in Tirana, and can confirm that Albania is a gem of a place to live. Lovely people, and some of the best seafood you will find anywhere on the planet.
I can also confirm that the bunkers are still in place in numerous locations.
Fully expect Albania to become a stag weekend magnet in coming years should stag weekends abroad ever return to being a regular feature. 

Albania is easily my favourite country in Europe. I think we're still at least ten years away from it being a stag destination though, I'm not sure the infrastructure is there and English speakers are too far between.

If it does end up a stag venue it will probably only be Tirana/Durres anyway, and I'm willing to cede them if that means the rest of the country develops without British vomit coating the Sunday morning pavements.

20 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

That's why Ross turned against BoJo.  Fighting the Scottish local elections as a BoJo supporter would have been politically suicidal for the "Scottish" Tories.  Yet if BoJo stays, can Ross stay part of the unionist Conservative Party led by that Charlotte Ann*? 

(*Copyright Salt n' Vinegar, 2022.)

He's going to get away with this isn't he? The delays on the report being published just increases the number of folk that have become bored with the whole thing now and if as has been suggested parts may be withheld until to police report is done in a few weeks time and by then the anger and news cycle will have moved on. Add this to the liklihood that civil servants will be highly criticised in the report with give BoJo enough wiggle room. Fire a load of civil servants, bang on about a change in culture that he will lead and he carries on. 

9 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

He's going to get away with this isn't he? The delays on the report being published just increases the number of folk that have become bored with the whole thing now and if as has been suggested parts may be withheld until to police report is done in a few weeks time and by then the anger and news cycle will have moved on. Add this to the liklihood that civil servants will be highly criticised in the report with give BoJo enough wiggle room. Fire a load of civil servants, bang on about a change in culture that he will lead and he carries on. 

I posted on the thread asking if he was the worst ever Prime Minister that I was pretty sure that if he manages to get out of the other side of the pandemic, one of the Mail, Express or Telegraph will have him up as one of the greatest ever PMs by Christmas 2022.

I see that Boris flew from London to Angelsey and back again today, was there not a closer photo op, or a better way to get there than in the big daft military plane they fly about in?

Edited by 101

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

I see that Boris flew from London to Angelsey and back again today, was there not a closer photo op, or a better way to get there than in the big daft military plane they fly about in?

A bit of perspective here.....Liz Truss flew to Australia last week on a private plane at an estimated cost of £500k.....and arrived 5 hours later than a scheduled flight would have taken.  How on earth do you expect Bojo to get to Anglesey when his private plane (re-painted at a cost of £900k) has only just touched down in London and probably needed all the gold taps cleaned.

Given all the party-gate nonsense and recent sleaze (sorry corruption) scandals you would imagine high profile politicians would go out of their way not to court controversy and try and play by the book....nah Tories are just not wired up that way