Jump to content

The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread


pandarilla

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Who'd have thought that a man with a history of lying, cheating and incompetence would be a lying, cheating, incompetent prime minister? Staggering stuff.

Anyway, this will drag out for another few weeks, Russia will invade Ukraine and Boris will have a Falklands Moment and save his job.

Can't see that TBH.  If Boris thinks that Biden will participate in armed conflict on Ukrainian soil to chuck Putin out of Ukraine, with or without multi-national support, he's even more delusional than I thought.  If he suggested that the UK should try to do it alone, his own generals would be justified in shooting him.  (Well, maybe not, but they'd tell him to eff off.) 

There'll be no Falklands moment for Boris unless France invades the Isle of Wight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Lester Freamon said:

Mad how he was in 'intensive care' then just went on a run of about 15 parties

Looking forward to a karaoke version of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game is up, they're desperately trying to buy time. 

Someone who is actually capable of assuming responsibility and doesn't try to lie their way out of everything would realise what's happening and go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

And just like that no questions can be asked or answered about partygate as it's now a police matter 

Guardian:

Quote

Met 'did not object to publication of Gray report'
The decision to pause the publication of the parts of the Sue Gray report relating to events being investigated by the police seems to have been taken by government, not by the Met, my colleague Vikram Dodd reports. He has been told, by sources with knowledge of its discussions and actions, that the Met did not raise any objection to the publication of the Gray report.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The game is up, they're desperately trying to buy time. 

Someone who is actually capable of assuming responsibility and doesn't try to lie their way out of everything would realise what's happening and go. 

Yeah, but the conservatives, who are the only ones who can remove him, do jot want him gone just yet. Better to blame everything on him while he is a dead man walking that any new PM take any of the blame.

Just watch the narrative move to there being an energy crisis and a war to deal with. Johnson supporters will start throwing allegations at Sunek etc now 

Edited by Theyellowbox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

And just like that no questions can be asked or answered about partygate as it's now a police matter 

According to The Grauniad the Met would be happy for Grey to publish her finding it's the government who have decided to put it on hold! 8)

Quote

Met 'did not object to publication of Gray report'

The decision to pause the publication of the parts of the Sue Gray report relating to events being investigated by the police seems to have been taken by government, not by the Met, my colleague Vikram Dodd reports. He has been told, by sources with knowledge of its discussions and actions, that the Met did not raise any objection to the publication of the Gray report.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So convenient for the Met to ontervene on the eve of the report. The most corrupt police force in the land investigating the most corrupt government in my lifetime. Bed pals indeed. It will be buried and never brought to light.

Can’t go about questioning the “independent” Met though, you’d may as well be exiled to Madagascar.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A Gray whitewash followed by a Met whitewash with Johnson continuing to insist he has not broken the law is the best outcome.  No one will believe it and Cressida Dick’s reputation damaged even further (if that’s possible).

Even if that were to happen I think the magical 54 letters would be received by Graham Brady with Johnson out on his arse and, hopefully, a very public and very messy leadership contest.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

So convenient for the Met to ontervene on the eve of the report. The most corrupt police force in the land investigating the most corrupt government in my lifetime. Bed pals indeed. It will be buried and never brought to light.

Interesting to hear on Sky News that Johnson didn't inform his cabinet during this morning's meeting, even though he'd been told about the Met's involvement prior to the event.

Coupled with the "no phones" rule in force at these meetings, this apparently led to a string of bemused ministers being asked, as they left Hacienda South Downing St., what their opinions were on this development - which they, supposedly Johnson's top team, were entirely unaware of. He sure knows how to piss off the people who can do him most damage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A Gray whitewash followed by a Met whitewash with Johnson continuing to insist he has not broken the law is the best outcome.  No one will believe it and Cressida Dick’s reputation damaged even further (if that’s possible).

Even if that were to happen I think the magical 54 letters would be received by Graham Brady with Johnson out on his arse and, hopefully, a very public and very messy leadership contest.

 

Can Ministers submit letters, or does the 1922 deal exclusively with backbenchers' issues? I ojnly ask becuse of this morning's "if I ignore it it might go away" ploy (see above).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Interesting to hear on Sky News that Johnson didn't inform his cabinet during this morning's meeting, even though he'd been told about the Met's involvement prior to the event.

Coupled with the "no phones" rule in force at these meetings, this apparently led to a string of bemused ministers being asked, as they left Hacienda South Downing St., what their opinions were on this development - which they, supposedly Johnson's top team, were entirely unaware of. He sure knows how to piss off the people who can do him most damage.

It just shows how much of a coward of a man he is. Cannot even bring himself to tell these people (although a bunch of cvnts themselves) in person. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting to hear on Sky News that Johnson didn't inform his cabinet during this morning's meeting, even though he'd been told about the Met's involvement prior to the event.
Coupled with the "no phones" rule in force at these meetings, this apparently led to a string of bemused ministers being asked, as they left Hacienda South Downing St., what their opinions were on this development - which they, supposedly Johnson's top team, were entirely unaware of. He sure knows how to piss off the people who can do him most damage.
I'd be very surprised if he hadn't informed then, obviously he is a compulsive liar so probably said he didn't. Completely right about the phones though, although the useless bunch would be better just playing tetris for what its worth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'd be very surprised if he hadn't informed then, obviously he is a compulsive liar so probably said he didn't. Completely right about the phones though, although the useless bunch would be better just playing tetris for what its worth

I think you misunderstand - he hasn't said this - it became evident when minister afeter minister gave the "what police involvement" response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely no-one believes anything will actually happen to him, do they?

His entire career is built on lying and deceit, and thinking he is better than anyone. Tory voters love him.

He's not going anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Tory voters love him.

*Citation needed*

Past performance is also not a credible predictor of future outcomes, otherwise no politician would ever fall from power at a time not of their own choosing. Unless you're Uncle Joe Stalin or Enver Hoxha, every single leader's luck runs out. 

Edited by vikingTON
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...