Jump to content

The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread


pandarilla

Recommended Posts

This old thread is worth a look given the questions being asked about how MPs get funding for their constituencies. N.B. Sunak's constituency Richmond (Yorkshire) ranks at 450 out of 533, where 1 is the most deprived constituency in England.

 

Edited by welshbairn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, doulikefish said:

So I wonder what is coming today in operation get bojo out.Maybe some more bully type claims and keep the next juicy scandal for the Sundays ?

 

8 hours ago, scottsdad said:

My guess - Sue Gray delivers the report. Days of grumbling in the media about the x number of events listed in it. Cummings releases evidence of another party not covered in the report. Pressure starts again. 

And the answer is the telegraph has the details of the "work" event 

Partying oops I mean work meetings  til 1 in the morning,music and dancing in the basement,pizza deliveries and drink being spilt all over a printer 

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1484561592704512003?t=_dk-ME6Q0fM4RemaqIYJVw&s=19

Edited by doulikefish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

 

And the answer is the telegraph has the details of the "work" event 

Partying oops I mean work meetings  til 1 in the morning,music and dancing in the basement,pizza deliveries and drink being spilt all over a printer 

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1484561592704512003?t=_dk-ME6Q0fM4RemaqIYJVw&s=19

Just another day at the office... 😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

 

And the answer is the telegraph has the details of the "work" event 

Partying oops I mean work meetings  til 1 in the morning,music and dancing in the basement,pizza deliveries and drink being spilt all over a printer 

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1484561592704512003?t=_dk-ME6Q0fM4RemaqIYJVw&s=19

Thing that worries me is if the weirdo Barclay twins (who own the Telegraph, one recently deceased) have dumped Boris, to whom they've paid huge amounts of cash as their pet hack for years, who  do they want to replace him with? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thing that worries me is if the weirdo Barclay twins (who own the Telegraph, one recently deceased) have dumped Boris, to whom they've paid huge amounts of cash as their pet hack for years, who  do they want to replace him with? 
isn't one of them dead now? I'm sure the Eye did a Thribb epitaph focusing on the way nobody ever knew one from the other..

Quick Google reveals David pegged it 15/1/21, and is survived by Frederick.

Quick re-read of your post shows that I completely missed three words of your post. Wanna guess which ones?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Times has some more stuff tonight.

Muslim Tory mp saying she got kicked out of the cabinet because her religion made them nervous and also it was Gavin Williamson that threatened the school wouldn't be built in bury south 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

isn't one of them dead now? I'm sure the Eye did a Thribb epitaph focusing on the way nobody ever knew one from the other..

Quick Google reveals David pegged it 15/1/21, and is survived by Frederick.

Quick re-read of your post shows that I completely missed three words of your post. Wanna guess which ones?

Were they “hack for years”?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Times has some more stuff tonight.

Muslim Tory mp saying she got kicked out of the cabinet because her religion made them nervous and also it was Gavin Williamson that threatened the school wouldn't be built in bury south 

Mind in the tory leadership election where Javid made a big play about islamaphobia in the conservatives and BoJo promised there would be a full investigation when he became PM. Well, suffice to say it never happened and Javid continues to tow the line..... just saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Raab says there will be "full transparency" but refuses to confirm Sue Gray's report will be published in full.
Okaaaaaaaaaaayy..........
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/23/sue-gray-partygate-report-dominic-raab?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I doubt if there’s anyone, including Tory PMs, who has not already made up their minds about this.  Everyone knows that there’s sufficient information to sink Johnson, despite information being withheld, and that it’s simply a matter of what level of whitewash and subsequent spin takes place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Raab says there will be "full transparency" but refuses to confirm Sue Gray's report will be published in full.
Okaaaaaaaaaaayy..........
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/23/sue-gray-partygate-report-dominic-raab?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Basically Johnson gets to decide which bits of the report into his and his underlings behaviour should be published. I can't see it going too badly for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if the current Islamophobia allegations in the Tory Cabinet will be given the same prominency as the antisemitism allegations in Labour?

Edited by Soapy FFC
Spelling (as normal)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Basically Johnson gets to decide which bits of the report into his and his underlings behaviour should be published. I can't see it going too badly for him.

There are certain things that Johnson and his handlers can manage, and this report will likely be one of them.  What the Tories may struggle with however are the economic black clouds which are about drift across the sunlit uplands.  Rocketing energy bills, galloping inflation, soaring food bills, NI increases and rising jobless figures cannot be washed away with a 10-litre tub of whitewash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I wonder of the current Islamophobia allegations in the Tory Cabinet will be given the same prominency as the antisemitism allegations in Labour?

Good one Soapy. 

Gave me a laugh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder of the current Islamophobia allegations in the Tory Cabinet will be given the same prominency as the antisemitism allegations in Labour?
No chance:

1) The Conservative Party has many, many more friends in the media than the Labour Party

2) The media and public opinion seems more tolerant of Islamophobia than Antisemitism. Both of these are, of course, equally as disgraceful as the other.
There are certain things that Johnson and his handlers can manage, and this report will likely be one of them.  What the Tories may struggle with however are the economic black clouds which are about drift across the sunlit uplands.  Rocketing energy bills, galloping inflation, soaring food bills, NI increases and rising jobless figures cannot be washed away with a 10-litre tub of whitewash.
Where the Tories will be squeezed is the middle classes beginning to feel the squeeze quite heavily this year. This is one where they could have got ahead of the issue early by pausing the NI rise, offer help to those lower down the income scale with energy bills and of course agreeing better trade with the EU.

However, they haven't. Johnson clearly has a team of hopeless advisors economically combined with Sunak who is both happy for this to run because he wants to depose Johnson and ideologically believes in capitalism for the poor and socialism for the rich.

The polls are already heading Labour's way. A year of cost of living increases for middle class families should see that lead increase. Until England gets duped by Sunak when he becomes PM in the summer.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I wonder if the current Islamophobia allegations in the Tory Cabinet will be given the same prominency as the antisemitism allegations in Labour?

There will be many Tory voters who will be heartened by the latest revelations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if the current Islamophobia allegations in the Tory Cabinet will be given the same prominency as the antisemitism allegations in Labour?

50% of the media and political figures think Islam is an existential threat to this country and 45% think while there are some good Muslims the majority are regressive so, no.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...