The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

6 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Every decision made by every politician has politics in mind.. hardly a revelation.

Yeah, but it answers (in part) your question why you don't hear SNP members speak out on NS. Even if they had a gripe, she is popular to the point it would do someone no favours. Clearly Johnson was that, but now his stock had fallen, so the feel enabled to have a pop.

Ruth Davidson has never been a fan, but to her detriment towed the party line as opposed to challenging him. Understandable to a point at the time. 

What we are seeing now is the folk who have tolerated Johnson within the Tories, while never being massively keen, starting to crawl out into the open. That's telling. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Wow.

Corbyn was a tool. Not in the same league as Johnson, but still miles ahead of most. As someone who would be more Labour than anything traditionally, his lurching of the party to the far left allowed the space for these clowns to get into power. 

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Boris has been great at absorbing the blows of Brexit and Covid. But that'll eventually wear off.

It'll be Sunak. It has to be. He's popular, fresh faced, business-like and - above all else - the polar opposite of Johnson. He's been lined up since they made it feel like he personally paid for furlough and Eat Out to Help Out out of his own pocket.

In fairness he can probably afford it.

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Nonsense. To make a valid comparison, you should talk about comparable cases.  Show me a comparable event, then maybe your drivel would be reasonable. 

When I worked in Edinburgh, there was a bloke who used to get p!Ssed up and shout at and kick lamp posts.  I was under no obligation to engage him in conversation and after recent exchanges I've decided to view you in the same way. Have fun with those who are still prepared to entertain your guff. 

The SNP leader has actually done far worse than anything to do with a Christmas Party, so I'll continue to state my opinion.

If you don't agree then you can say why in a reasonable fashion, but viewing me in the same light as a guy who shouts at and attacks lampposts says more about you than me I'm afraid.

8 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Yeah, but it answers (in part) your question why you don't hear SNP members speak out on NS. Even if they had a gripe, she is popular to the point it would do someone no favours. Clearly Johnson was that, but now his stock had fallen, so the feel enabled to have a pop.

Ruth Davidson has never been a fan, but to her detriment towed the party line as opposed to challenging him. Understandable to a point at the time. 

What we are seeing now is the folk who have tolerated Johnson within the Tories, while never being massively keen, starting to crawl out into the open. That's telling. 

It is indeed telling, but it's politics I'm afraid.

My points stands though.. whereas Scottish Tories will come out against Johnson, you'd never get that in the SNP.

Just now, Scott Steiner said:

It is indeed telling, but it's politics I'm afraid.

My points stands though.. whereas Scottish Tories will come out against Johnson, you'd never get that in the SNP.

Good point, well made, incisive, illuminating, prescient........................(that's enough shite, Ed.)

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m delighted that Stratton is in tears. Hope it haunts her until her final breath to be honest*

*I’m aware it won’t and she’ll waltz into any highly paid consultancy gig she fancies, but still it’s nice to dream. 

I would have enjoyed witnessing her coupon when she got the phone call informing her that her arse was toast she had 'lost the confidence of SpiffSpaff.

Her tears are of the crocodile variety.