The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

Allegedly, and I do stress allegedly, the Cab Sec who will be investigating the lockdown rule breaking party (or parties) was there himself :lol:

Get this shower of manky b*****ds melted down for clue. Horrendous individuals every single one of them.

ETA: 

PE has a "Number Crunching" box-out on P.7 which gives date, venue, and estimates 40-50 attendees. No sign of the A-word which, given their experience in the courts, suggests they're confident of the veracity.

31 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The idea that huge restrictions are being brought in to somehow  sweep a year old party under the carpet is absurd. 

The party is the preemptive dead cat here. Just like Hancock old videos are being used for political reasons.

Edited by Detournement

8 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Decent statement from Douglas Ross.  The Scottish Tories leading the way.

An SNP politician speaking out against Sturgeon would just never happen.

Well done Douglas.

Tell you what, if it transpires that there was a similar event in Bute House then you can make a comparison like that. Until then, nah, not so much. 

Ross was left with absolutely no choice. 

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Tell you what, if it transpires that there was a similar event in Bute House then you can make a comparison like that. Until then, nah, not so much. 

Ross was left with absolutely no choice. 

I can indeed make a comparison.

Scottish Tories aren't afraid to speak out against their leader - normal behaviour for a political party.

The SNP, nah, not so much.

Guest Bob Mahelp
17 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

That's not what his full statement as reported in The Herald said. 

Ross stated that the PM has 'serious questions to answer', but that Ross has 'full confidence in him'. 

Effectively Ross has done the same as Johnson. In his statement he uses semantics to make it look like he's condemning this whole chaos, while at the same time he's endorsing an 'enquiry' (pause for laughter) and quite obviously hoping that the enquiry gives the Tories time to sweep it all under the carpet. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19770413.douglas-ross-party-pm-serious-questions-answer/

I don't know if he's made a further statement that I'm not aware of, but this is pretty lilly-livered stuff from Ross. 

10 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Decent statement from Douglas Ross.  The Scottish Tories leading the way.

An SNP politician speaking out against Sturgeon would just never happen.

Well done Douglas.

I would wage that this suggests one of two things. Either D Ross is saying it, knowing that Johnson will be cleared and it gives him a degree of credibility in consistency that saying ministers should resign for such things OR (and is more likely now) that he can see where this is going (and how it will play out in scotland especially) and is of the opinion that Johnson will not survive this and politically it would be better for Ross to be able to say he called Johnson out on this.

Whichever way it falls, I would suspect one of either Ross or Johnson will not be leading their branch of that party in 6-12 months time.

The noise from Tory MP's is a pretty good gauge of where Johnson's standing is right now.

I would be loathed to praise Ross for it as it is calculated, which in a way deserves some praise.

There is maybe a point to be made if other parties would call out their leaders, but none are as morally corrupt as Johnson (although Corbyn came close). 

The best result from an independence (and I suspect Labour) pointing view would be for Johnson to remain. Read the opposite for the union.......

Just now, Theyellowbox said:

I would wage that this suggests one of two things. Either D Ross is saying it, knowing that Johnson will be cleared and it gives him a degree of credibility in consistency that saying ministers should resign for such things OR (and is more likely now) that he can see where this is going (and how it will play out in scotland especially) and is of the opinion that Johnson will not survive this and politically it would be better for Ross to be able to say he called Johnson out on this.

Whichever way it falls, I would suspect one of either Ross or Johnson will not be leading their branch of that party in 6-12 months time.

The noise from Tory MP's is a pretty good gauge of where Johnson's standing is right now.

I would be loathed to praise Ross for it as it is calculated, which in a way deserves some praise.

There is maybe a point to be made if other parties would call out their leaders, but none are as morally corrupt as Johnson (although Corbyn came close). 

The best result from an independence (and I suspect Labour) pointing view would be for Johnson to remain. Read the opposite for the union.......

Every decision made by every politician has politics in mind.. hardly a revelation.

Allegra Stratton is Rishi Sunak's wean's godmother.

They might let Johnson stumble on for a while yet to cop the flak for whatever comes with Covid over winter, but I'm 99 percent sure I know what the Tories' endgame is here. They are just waiting for the right moment to press the big red button and empty him.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

They might let Johnson stumble on for a while yet to cop the flak for whatever comes with Covid over winter, but I'm 99 percent sure I know what the Tories' endgame is here. They are just waiting for the right moment to press the big red button and empty him.

The Tory backbenchers have been waiting for the right moment for quite some time.  These are the guys with the power.

He was useful for Brexit and to steal the North from Labour, but they need someone different now.

I'd like to see Gove at the helm.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Stratton married James Forsyth, Political Editor of The Spectator magazine, in 2011. Future Chancellor Rishi Sunak was best man at their wedding, and they and Sunak are godparents to each other's children.

10 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Wow.

1 minute ago, Scott Steiner said:

The Tory backbenchers have been waiting for the right moment for quite some time.  These are the guys with the power.

He was useful for Brexit and to steal the North from Labour, but they need someone different now.

I'd like to see Gove at the helm.

Boris has been great at absorbing the blows of Brexit and Covid. But that'll eventually wear off.

It'll be Sunak. It has to be. He's popular, fresh faced, business-like and - above all else - the polar opposite of Johnson. He's been lined up since they made it feel like he personally paid for furlough and Eat Out to Help Out out of his own pocket.

3 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

I can indeed make a comparison.

Scottish Tories aren't afraid to speak out against their leader - normal behaviour for a political party.

The SNP, nah, not so much.

Nonsense. To make a valid comparison, you should talk about comparable cases.  Show me a comparable event, then maybe your drivel would be reasonable. 

When I worked in Edinburgh, there was a bloke who used to get p!Ssed up and shout at and kick lamp posts.  I was under no obligation to engage him in conversation and after recent exchanges I've decided to view you in the same way. Have fun with those who are still prepared to entertain your guff.