The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Amazing and quite, quite satisfying to see people still raging at the fact the FM did nothing wrong and their w**k fantasies crumbled to so much dust. 

Odd and rather revealing that these types would play whataboutery with what is unarguably some of the most vile corruption in UK history, exploiting the worst crisis since the second world war to empty the treasury into the pockets of their friends for kit that didn't work and which certainly was paid for in lives as well as billions of pounds, for a cheap and futile shot at The Boss which only served to expose their twisted, tawdry and corrosively bitter selves. 

There are many types of corruption, some financial some far more sinister.  Whilst not "raging", I am remembering that the highest politician in the land was found by a committee to have given an "inaccurate account". That  minutes of meetings were not taken is beyond doubt.  However you can continue cheerleading a government led by someone that simply forgets when it is inconvenient to remember.

30 minutes ago, strichener said:

I am raging. 

The committee wasn't asked to look at that, that wasn't their job and the independent and person of unimpeachable integrity tasked with that disagreed with you. 

While the people who you are cheerleading took their job of investigating the handling of sexual harassment in the workplace so seriously that they spent the entire process leaking confidential statements from victims of abuse to their pals in the press in the attempt to smear so much shit on the walls of our parliament in the run up to an election that they would by comparison look clean. 

And then got comprehensively pumped at the polls. Unlucks. 

The HS2 Manchester - Leeds line is not happening because, Johnson says,  "it would take too long to level up", Andy Burnham says the north is being treated as second best. He means the north of England obv, but if that's how Johnson's plans and promises work out for his own country, it doesn't bode well for any promises for, or even discussions with, Scotland, does it?

13 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The HS2 Manchester - Leeds line is not happening because, Johnson says,  "it would take too long to level up", Andy Burnham says the north is being treated as second best. He means the north of England obv, but if that's how Johnson's plans and promises work out for his own country, it doesn't bode well for any promises for, or even discussions with, Scotland, does it?

No it doesn't but then that jumped up wee nyaff Burnham is learning, yet again the reality of devolution, and the wages of backing and being willing to "engage and support" Boris's levelling up agenda. So f**k him. The cretin.

AndyBurnhamPhone2110a.jpg

7 hours ago, btb said:

Weaselling out - BJs new plan on second jobs which would allow MPs to do either 10, 15 or 20 hours (they're making it up as they go along) outside work a week may affect less than 10 MPs.

So basically they get to work even less hours at their "2nd" job for the same money. 😐

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Not necessarily corruption.

At the time everyone was complaining about how slow the processes were to get PPE and testing underway.

In desperate situations a lot of civil service procedures need to be abandoned for expediency.

Just remember that it was Boris asking his friend Kate Bingham to mobilise the pharmaceutical industry to get a vaccine ASAP.

It worked and we got the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

I would have thought the NAO would have looked at this.

Sometimes, networking is a good thing.

You left out the part where your friendly networker just happens to get your attention with briefcase full of £20 notes.

It's corruption.

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The committee wasn't asked to look at that, that wasn't their job and the independent and person of unimpeachable integrity tasked with that disagreed with you. 

While the people who you are cheerleading took their job of investigating the handling of sexual harassment in the workplace so seriously that they spent the entire process leaking confidential statements from victims of abuse to their pals in the press in the attempt to smear so much shit on the walls of our parliament in the run up to an election that they would by comparison look clean. 

And then got comprehensively pumped at the polls. Unlucks. 

I it really looks like it is me that is raging in this exchange.

3 hours ago, strichener said:

There are many types of corruption, some financial some far more sinister.  Whilst not "raging", I am remembering that the highest politician in the land was found by a committee to have given an "inaccurate account". That  minutes of meetings were not taken is beyond doubt.  However you can continue cheerleading a government led by someone that simply forgets when it is inconvenient to remember.

First minister > Prime Minister

1 hour ago, Zern said:

So basically they get to work even less hours at their "2nd" job for the same money. 😐

No their hourly rate is so great that 10/15/20 hours a week (officially) doesn't come into the equation.

Take Owen Patterson whose extracurricular activities started the present kerfuffle he was paid

He is paid £8,333 a month by Randox for 16 hours work and £2,000 every other month from Lynn's Country Foods for four hours work.

I make that 18 hours a month or just under 5 hours a week @ appoximately £500/hour - nice work if you can get it.

As I said BJs proposals to clean up parliament are designed not to affect his backbenchers - it'll be interesting to see if the opposition can keep up the pressure and force the government into making significant reforms.

18 minutes ago, btb said:

No their hourly rate is so great that 10/15/20 hours a week (officially) doesn't come into the equation.

Take Owen Patterson whose extracurricular activities started the present kerfuffle he was paid

I make that 18 hours a month or just under 5 hours a week @ appoximately £500/hour - nice work if you can get it.

As I said BJs proposals to clean up parliament are designed not to affect his backbenchers - it'll be interesting to see if the opposition can keep up the pressure and force the government into making significant reforms.

So really just cosmetic legislation designed to keep everything as it is? Bugger that.

This shit is actually sticking for once, just witness the sudden rush of declared interests by forgetful MPs who "forgot" that luxury holiday, fully paid junkets and whatnot.

It looking less and less like a trough, and more like a swimming-pool for the wee piggys.

Who says the SNP have no power at a UK level.  Looks like they have looked at how St. Nic managed to conduct meetings and leave no written record and replicated this.

Nice to see the SNP are still living absolutely rent-free in the head of the forum's most fucking banal poster [emoji23]