The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

If Paddy Power are offering better than fives on that, it's probably worth a punt.

For all we can criticise the monarchy, Old Lizzie does put her shift in. If she's going to miss the PoppyFest, I think it's fair to say that Johnson's talking bollox when he says she's "very well".

Conning folk into thinking her and her family’s “duties” are in any way necessary is a job probably made easier by the complete support of the government and most of the media. Make no mistake about the old woman; she has been historically the greediest, most financially acquisitive monarch the UK has ever had (and right from the start - unlike her predecessors, she immediately set about avoiding paying income tax via a cosy deal with that other old shite Churchill). Feathering her nest against the possibility that one day the media might turn on the institution and/or the people might rumble the con and state that the emperor has no clothes, probably. Make no mistake: auld Lizzie’s shift is and has always been about lining the pockets and safeguarding the privileges of her family.

ETA: If she has indeed popped her clogs, then I obviously take the above all back and hope that flights of angels sing her to her rest, and that God saves His Most Britannic Majesty King Charles III and the lovely Queen Camilla.

Edited by Antlion

36 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Someone mentioned on here before, but I’m starting to think being an MP is the second job for a lot of them

Winning a seat in the commons opens the keys to the kingdom. It seems that if it's a seat for the governing party, then you are laughing all the way to the Leeds!

You've got the access to lobby those making the decisions and given that there's some cabinet members here, actually make the decisions.

Plus, make a bit of chump change renting out flats whilst claiming costs for your own rented pad in the same town. 

Not in anyway corrupt though, mind.

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

See Boris must be thinking its safe to come out again after all the grown up have gone home from Glasgow. He is going to address the nation at 5pm apparently with important information, makes the cash spent on his briefing room & flags all well worth the cash. How much waffle will he manage.

So will this relegate Pointless to BBC2?

Is nothing sacred nowadays?

4 hours ago, Antlion said:

Conning folk into thinking her and her family’s “duties” are in any way necessary is a job probably made easier by the complete support of the government and most of the media. Make no mistake about the old woman; she has been historically the greediest, most financially acquisitive monarch the UK has ever had (and right from the start - unlike her predecessors, she immediately set about avoiding paying income tax via a cosy deal with that other old shite Churchill). Feathering her nest against the possibility that one day the media might turn on the institution and/or the people might rumble the con and state that the emperor has no clothes, probably. Make no mistake: auld Lizzie’s shift is and has always been about lining the pockets and safeguarding the privileges of her family.

ETA: If she has indeed popped her clogs, then I obviously take the above all back and hope that flights of angels sing her to her rest, and that God saves His Most Britannic Majesty King Charles III and the lovely Queen Camilla.

As I said, she does turn up - it's hardly digging ditches but she appears when required, unlike some of that crew. She knows the contract (such as it is), and fulfils it.

(Not) ETA: If she has indeed popped her clogs, then good riddance and bring on the Revolution. That jug-eared cúnt hasn't got the hive memory of wartime service and head of empire which has shielded the monarchy from withering since WWII. And BTW, if we don't get at least two days off to plant her I'll be first in line for the pitchforks and torches.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Crikey!  The Speaker in the Commons was a ba'hair away from kicking Boris in the nuts today. 

Starmer called Johnson a coward apparently. 

Which he is, big time. It's about time somebody called him that. 

23 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Starmer called Johnson a coward apparently. 

Which he is, big time. It's about time somebody called him that. 

I was surprised the Speaker didn't ask him to withdraw that comment. Seems like you can call them almost anything except Liars.