The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

42 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Renting out property is not as good as it used to be as you can’t set off interest on borrowings against income.

That happened a few years back.

True and a fair point, the effective tax rate on property letting can be over 100% if you're highly geared. 

It does only affect your profits if you need to borrow to afford property. Keeps the riff raff out of the game. 

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The money for Scotland from the NHI increase will be ringfenced and go directly to NHS Scotland rather than to the Scottish Government.  Cuntface Johnson once again trying to undermine the concept of devolved power.

I know they'll try but I can't see how they'll do it.  There's no mechanism for that kind of transfer. Maybe give all the dosh to the Secretary of State for Scotland and invite bids from SNHS trusts?

11 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

I know they'll try but I can't see how they'll do it.  There's no mechanism for that kind of transfer. Maybe give all the dosh to the Secretary of State for Scotland and invite bids from SNHS trusts?

Apparently Gordon Brown did something similar in the past.

A lot of writing about the Tories breaking another manifesto commitment like it realistically wasn't an A4 bit of paper promising to get Brexit done and stop Corbyn which every part of the political and media class in this country played their parts to ensure won out. At this point it's really just hoping the effects of climate change somehow affect these people worse than me.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The money for Scotland from the NHI increase will be ringfenced and go directly to NHS Scotland rather than to the Scottish Government.  Cuntface Johnson once again trying to undermine the concept of devolved power.

That you think an NI increase should be used for anything else is shameful.

I made a comment about how If it’s a Barnett consequential we could do with it as we please, but I am entirely in favour of it only being used for health / NHS purposes.

That you think an NI increase should be used for anything else is shameful.
I made a comment about how If it’s a Barnett consequential we could do with it as we please, but I am entirely in favour of it only being used for health / NHS purposes.
Scotland already provides the type of social care that this NI increase is proposed to fund, therefor it is funded by the Scottish Govt at the expense of something else.
Why shouldn't the Scottish Govt. decide how extra funding is spent?

3 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Scotland already provides the type of social care that this NI increase is proposed to fund, therefor it is funded by the Scottish Govt at the expense of something else.

Because the NHS is fucked and needs all the help it can get. If we can use it for different healthcare means, then all the better.

It's not as if they haven't known about this for DECADES as the problem of boomers getting older was talked about when I was at school in the 1980s. 

Just think of the money pissed away over three decades on Gulf War 1, Gulf War II, Afghanistan, PFI, Tax cuts, saving the fucking banks, Railtrack subsidy after botched privatisation, grant maintained schools, etc etc that could have been used for social care.

It's got nothing to do with boomers but thick racists who are young and come from the red wall of North England. They could not care less if the NI rate is going up as long as they think that no brown or black people are coming over the channel (despite the fact that they are more expats from war torn countries coming into England). CON +4.

3 hours ago, jakedee said:

I'm not sure what social care Scotland funds that England doesn't. Not having a go, I'd just like to have a rough idea. 

6 hours ago, jakedee said:

I don’t think that’s correct.

We do contribute a bit towards personal care but I think it’s peanuts.

Please provide details.

5 hours ago, pawpar said:

It's got nothing to do with boomers but thick racists who are young and come from the red wall of North England. They could not care less if the NI rate is going up as long as they think that no brown or black people are coming over the channel (despite the fact that they are more expats from war torn countries coming into England). CON +4.

Tory voters are older. 

Labour/Corbyn won more votes in the working age population.

12 hours ago, coprolite said:

True and a fair point, the effective tax rate on property letting can be over 100% if you're highly geared. 

It does only affect your profits if you need to borrow to afford property. Keeps the riff raff out of the game. 

The torygraph has a feature today comparing the investments.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/investing/buy-to-let/buy-to-let-property-vs-stocks-shares-best-invest-50k/