The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Am I alone in thinking that with "Brexit completed and Covid defeated" BJ might choose to resign this summer to pick up a few lucrative directorships, a book deal & the £100k a pop after dinner speeches leaving the Tories to pick a new leader for the Party Conference?

6 minutes ago, btb said:

Am I alone in thinking that with "Brexit completed and Covid defeated" BJ might choose to resign this summer to pick up a few lucrative directorships, a book deal & the £100k a pop after dinner speeches leaving the Tories to pick a new leader for the Party Conference?

No.

Boris Johnson’s new ethics adviser works for arms company

Lord Geidt, tasked with clearing up government sleaze scandal, is a paid adviser to an arms company with history of corruption allegations

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/boris-johnsons-new-ethics-adviser-works-for-arms-company/

Figures.

Boris Johnson’s new ethics adviser works for arms company
Lord Geidt, tasked with clearing up government sleaze scandal, is a paid adviser to an arms company with history of corruption allegations
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/boris-johnsons-new-ethics-adviser-works-for-arms-company/
Figures.
Was he not Liz's bit on the side too?

7 hours ago, btb said:

Can't see Boris dishing out discounted speeches. 

https://www.thecanary.co/exclusive/2021/04/29/private-emails-prove-vip-lanes-for-multimillion-ppe-deals-existed-and-here-they-are/

Private emails prove VIP lanes for multimillion PPE deals existed. And here they are…

The investigation also found how the Liz Truss-linked company Ayanda was prioritised over other vendors for a £155m deal in which it supplied unusable face masks to the NHS frontline.

Corruption in plain sight.

https://www.thecanary.co/exclusive/2021/04/29/private-emails-prove-vip-lanes-for-multimillion-ppe-deals-existed-and-here-they-are/
Private emails prove VIP lanes for multimillion PPE deals existed. And here they are…
The investigation also found how the Liz Truss-linked company Ayanda was prioritised over other vendors for a £155m deal in which it supplied unusable face masks to the NHS frontline.
Corruption in plain sight.
But Tony Blairs hair

I'm by nature a suspicious sort and I find myself wondering if BoJo is actually playing a blinder here... - no, bear with me!

The walloper's wallpaper story is taking most of the media attention.  He is under fire because he won't answer questions in the way that folk want.  Is it even remotely possible that he is just being a devious git and there ISN'T actually anything to see here but he is happy to just keep on giving 'unsatisfactory' answers and stringing folk along, knowing that if folk are foaming at the mouth over this, there's less time to examine other things? At the end he could triumphantly boast of his innocence in the face of what, it turns out, were unfounded accusations. It's the kind of devious media manipulation that I wouldn't put past these weasels. The waste of public money in all the investigations wouldn't bother him in the least. 

See? Told you I'm a suspicious sort! 

Boris's refurbishment cost £600,000,  I've checked the but I can't find it in the accounts, so why is it hidden and where is the £600,000.

Michael Gove has the evidence the electoral Commission need but he's only releasing it bit by bit, he needs to release all the evidence now or he must resign resign.

Boris lied to Parliament as he said he couldn't remember when he refurbished his flat, Grant Shapp visited him on the 29th for a meeting and saw the painters working, so Boris broke the Ministerial Code by lying and he must now resign resign. 

Familiar??

10 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm by nature a suspicious sort and I find myself wondering if BoJo is actually playing a blinder here... - no, bear with me!

The walloper's wallpaper story is taking most of the media attention.  He is under fire because he won't answer questions in the way that folk want.  Is it even remotely possible that he is just being a devious git and there ISN'T actually anything to see here but he is happy to just keep on giving 'unsatisfactory' answers and stringing folk along, knowing that if folk are foaming at the mouth over this, there's less time to examine other things? At the end he could triumphantly boast of his innocence in the face of what, it turns out, were unfounded accusations. It's the kind of devious media manipulation that I wouldn't put past these weasels. The waste of public money in all the investigations wouldn't bother him in the least. 

See? Told you I'm a suspicious sort! 

He's had an easy ride from the press the entire time he's been PM so he's had no reason to assume this time would be different.

My wife is completely non- political and skips past all the stuff about the flat redecoration so in the paper.

However, after being out with her pals, she asked me , knowing I follow these things. ‘Have the taxpayers paid for this stuff?’

When I replied no, apart from the agreed allowance, she replied. ‘What’s all the fuss about?’

I think that’s the view of the general public and why the Tory vote is doing quite well.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

My wife is completely non- political and skips past all the stuff about the flat redecoration so in the paper.

However, after being out with her pals, she asked me , knowing I follow these things. ‘Have the taxpayers paid for this stuff?’

When I replied no, apart from the agreed allowance, she replied. ‘What’s all the fuss about?’

I think that’s the view of the general public and why the Tory vote is doing quite well.

NotThePars beat me to it, but anyone who chose to marry a buffoon like yourself is probably not going to have a lot going on upstairs. Assuming she exists, that is. 

Boris's refurbishment cost £600,000,  I've checked the but I can't find it in the accounts, so why is it hidden and where is the £600,000.
Michael Gove has the evidence the electoral Commission need but he's only releasing it bit by bit, he needs to release all the evidence now or he must resign resign.
Boris lied to Parliament as he said he couldn't remember when he refurbished his flat, Grant Shapp visited him on the 29th for a meeting and saw the painters working, so Boris broke the Ministerial Code by lying and he must now resign resign. 
Familiar??
DRoss shouting for this