The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

These responses are those of a man that has been clamped. It's clear he's in the wrong over the refurbishment, he knows it and he can't bring himself to deny it. 

I see he denied the bodies comment. Easier to do so if you're confident there's no audio of it I guess. You cannot, however, deny your own financial statements. 

He’s totally lost the plot here. Even Laura is critical. That angry rant after Starmer’s final question looked like a last throw of the dice to keep the party on side.

Starmer got him in Parliament denying the ‘bodies piling up’ comment, which could be key down the line. The Electoral Commission will clearly find wrongdoing because the only reason this hasn’t been cleared up already is because there’s wrongdoing there. I suspect he’ll come clean before the commission finds him guilty, and he’ll pretend it’s because he didn’t have an adviser on ministerial standards at the time without mentioning they resigned because Tories keep breaking standards.

He should be finished. Taking undeclared money is an outright resignation, no ifs or buts. I still can’t see it happening, but he should be gone.

After seeing the latest PMQ utter shambles (that's me being kind) from the mother of Parliaments, I'm not only even more convinced of the desirability of independence, I'm left genuinely puzzled about why anyone would want to remain associated with that bear pit of sleaze. I can't decide if that performance by BoJo will make Dross put his head in his hands or think "what a great guy!"

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

After seeing the latest PMQ utter shambles (that's me being kind) from the mother of Parliaments, I'm not only even more convinced of the desirability of independence, I'm left genuinely puzzled about why anyone would want to remain associated with that bear pit of sleaze. I can't decide if that performance by BoJo will make Dross put his head in his hands or think "what a great guy!"

Dross did resign from the cabinet over BoJo's refusal to sack Cummings over Barnard Castle. What he (BoJo) is doing now is surely 100 times worse.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Dross did resign from the cabinet over BoJo's refusal to sack Cummings over Barnard Castle. What he (BoJo) is doing now is surely 100 times worse.

I can't recall Ross ever being in the Cabinet? He was Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Scotland - a nothing position, meaning his resignation was no big deal, just an opportunity to pretend "look at me...I am standing up against Boris...see I am not his puppet afterall"

Oops - I should have said "a Transport Minister" not "the Transport Minister". The bloke now having a lie down in a darkened room with a bottle of malt is Robert Coutts, an Under Secretary of State. (Not a position I'd relish.) 

(Thanks for the reminder about Shapps though!) 

31 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I can't recall Ross ever being in the Cabinet? He was Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Scotland - a nothing position, meaning his resignation was no big deal, just an opportunity to pretend "look at me...I am standing up against Boris...see I am not his puppet afterall"

I agree as to "nothing position" but still considered a ministerial role for which he would have been paid, and which I guess would have allowed him to sit in on some cabinet meetings.

https://www.gov.uk/government/ministers/parliamentary-under-secretary-of-state--120

Eta... Responsibilities include "Strengthening the Union"        -       Dross certainly did a grand job there!.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

17 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Grant Shapps

"

Shapps's use of the names Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath and Sebastian Fox attracted controversy in 2012. He denied having used a pseudonym after entering parliament and, in 2014, threatened legal action against a constituent who had stated on Facebook that he had. In February 2015 he told LBC Radio presenter Shelagh Fogarty, "Let me get this absolutely clear ... I don't have a second job and have never had a second job while being an MP. End of story."[78]

However, in March 2015, Shapps admitted to having had a second job whilst being an MP, and practising business under a pseudonym.[79][80] In his admission, he stated that he had "over-firmly denied" having a second job.[81] Under the name Michael Green, Shapps had offered customers a "get-rich-quick scheme" costing $497, and promised customers a "toolkit" that would earn them $20,000 in 20 days, provided they followed its instructions.[82] In March 2015, Dean Archer, the constituent previously threatened with legal action by Shapps, threatened Shapps with legal action.[83][84]

I never knew that story....fascinating and hilarious

Something else about this cretin that I had not previously known - his brother Andre was in Big Audio Dynamite - a band he started with his cousin Mick Jones.......I am a big fan of the Clash so this is rather disturbing news.

As it's fairly clear Boris did try to secure payment from Brownlow for the renovations, I wonder how "they're" going to spin him out of this.

Oh and three cheers for Lord Brownlow for helping out the underprivileged ex-Eton alumni Johnson.

In 2013 he set up the David Brownlow Charitable Foundation, which he says is “dedicated to enhancing the lives and wellbeing of individuals and communities where there is an element of disadvantage"

Sarah Vine as tactful as ever. 

This is the biggest thing about working people who vote Tory I don't get. Even if you have a nice house the top Tories would want to be disinfected if they had to spend a night in it. To people like Sarah Vine we are rats who live in skips. It's the same with the royal family, they clearly have absolute disdain for the people who worship them. 

He really is in a bind here. The only route out for Johnson is if he can prove he paid the money up front and nobody else was involved - clearly, Johnson would’ve already done so if that was an option. Financial statements can’t lie.

Any other sequence of events involves at a minimum, Johnson not declaring a loan given from either his party or an individual. These are resignation offences. His only hope at this stage is the one he seems to be chasing - launching ‘investigations’ to kick the can down the road and hope everyone forgets or moves on.

If the money has been funnelled to him via the party, and he’s since paid the party back when caught which seems to be the likely scenario at the moment then a) the party didn’t declare the original donation, b) Johnson didn’t declare the loan from the party and c) the party didn’t declare the money coming back from Johnson. Those are all serious breaches and there should be no other outcome than a resignation.

Johnson has brazened everything else out and there's been multiple resignation offences happened within the Tory party over the 2 year he's been Prime Minister. Not a single person of note has resigned due to a furore/scandal.

We're in uncharted territories with this sort of thing.