The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Just want to record that EVEN in the context of the last few years, EVEN given all we know about Boris and the Tories..... Despite ALL of that, it's still absolutely fucking insane, to watch someone acting in their capacity as elected representative of the people, who job is allegedly to serve those people and uphold at least some standards/integrity, to be standing up and attempting to bluff his way out of this.

It's genuinely mind boggling and IMO can't be brushed aside with "aye well you know what the tories are like". We are breaking new ground here. 

If the "I'm stupid, I am" defence that BJ has been reduced to was believed then his worth as an after dinner speaker would be negligible, everyone knows that he knew all along but will Tory MPs admit to it cos that would mean that they knew it was a lie all along too - probably not.

On 17/03/2023 at 22:24, BTFD said:

Pretty sure that, even if the current General Election projections somehow came to pass in 2025, Uxbridge will still end up one of those curious anomalies where the incumbent maintains or increases their majority.

"Britain Trump" has become a figurehead for privilege and entitlement; his vote share will hold up among the demographic that believes people are born to lead, and it's important that the lower orders know their place. There's a worrying number of them, as it turns out.

Edit: also, Sexual Incontinence will be the name of my new Motown tribute band; get your requests in early for the annual P&B soup 'n' bingo evening.

What type of soup will there be? 

24 minutes ago, coprolite said:

What type of soup will there be? 

Always cutting through the chaff to address the important issues.

I'm shocked there hasn't been a "P&B's Favourite Soup" thread, but I'd be willing to abide by the results.

5 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Always cutting through the chaff to address the important issues.

I'm shocked there hasn't been a "P&B's Favourite Soup" thread, but I'd be willing to abide by the results.

Lentil and bacon (home made by me of course).

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Lentil and bacon (home made by me of course).

Only a complete idiot would agree to eat soup made by a mushroom-wielding lunatic from the internet.

Thankfully there are plenty of us - sounds great, looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, btb said:

If the "I'm stupid, I am" defence that BJ has been reduced to was believed then his worth as an after dinner speaker would be negligible, everyone knows that he knew all along but will Tory MPs admit to it cos that would mean that they knew it was a lie all along too - probably not.

The sad thing is that it will probably end up part of his after dinner routine. 

Bluster woof ha ha ha I misled parliament and knew about it all long, what am I like, bluster ha ha. 

51 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The sad thing is that it will probably end up part of his after dinner routine. 

Bluster woof ha ha ha I misled parliament and knew about it all long, what am I like, bluster ha ha. 

Imagine going to a dinner with that c**t as the after grub speaker.

I’d rather have Tam Cowan.

Spoiler

Just.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It'll go to a free vote in the HoC I think, and no way are 80 Tories going to vote to ban him for long enough for a constituency recall. Slapped wrist and he'll be back conspiring against Sunak.

This is the best possible outcome for Labour . Tories haven't realised that much of the electorate sees a picture of Johnson and thinks 'oh he's the lockdown parties guy'. They don't give a shit whether he lied in parliament or not (he did)

I know he isn't popular with, well, anyone, but SirKeir Starmer had it right during one of the Partygate clashes in the Commons when he compared Mrs Windsor sitting her ainsel in the chapel for the funeral of her husband of 73 years to Bungling Bonzo boozing it up in Downing Street.

Yes, yes, yes, we're all mad republicans but it's one of the comparisons that can actually strike through to Bonzo loyalists.

Of course, as Stanton reminds us above, the same thing happened to tens of thousands of ordinary people. But that's the stark contrast that could make a difference.