The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

11 hours ago, Lurkst said:

And the Tories are complaining that it "undermines her report and the impartiality of the civil service".

My irony detector has just exploded..

I think it’s a monumental own goal from Labour to be honest. Gives ammo to Tories and it’ll be twisted every which way possible.

Obviously it doesn’t change the facts - Partygate was a thing because Boris Johnson and 10 Downing St had dozens of illegal gatherings. But when you look at the state of today’s Tory media front pages it’ll be hard to keep that narrative. 

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I think it’s a monumental own goal from Labour to be honest. Gives ammo to Tories and it’ll be twisted every which way possible.

Obviously it doesn’t change the facts - Partygate was a thing because Boris Johnson and 10 Downing St had dozens of illegal gatherings. But when you look at the state of today’s Tory media front pages it’ll be hard to keep that narrative. 

Yep, it's such a basic error by Labour. It doesn't matter what it is, it matters what it looks like (or looks like when viewed through a certain prism). Something that could have been done at any time and they've chosen to do it now. Baffling.

Meanwhile, back at Westminster - 

"Boris Johnson may have misled Parliament over Partygate, MPs investigating his conduct say.

Evidence strongly suggests breaches of coronavirus rules would have been "obvious" to Mr Johnson, the privileges committee said in an update."

From https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64836425

I don’t think the committee could realistically have used stronger language. He’s bang to rights, and is already using Sue Gray as a getout. 

Going full Trump by the look of it. 

2 hours ago, Paco said:

Sure, because the "tory media front pages" were all super positive about Labour before Starmer hired Gray.........

Storm in a tea cup stuff, nobody will care tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Paco said:

I don’t think the committee could realistically have used stronger language. He’s bang to rights, and is already using Sue Gray as a getout. 

Going full Trump by the look of it. 

LBC going for Bojo bigtime already, pointing out that his statement today is utter bollx. 

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Sure, because the "tory media front pages" were all super positive about Labour before Starmer hired Gray.........

Storm in a tea cup stuff, nobody will care tomorrow.

I don't think the point is that it looks bad for Labour. 

The point is that it detracts from the perceived credibility of criticism of the Tories. 

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The point is that it detracts from the perceived credibility of criticism of the Tories. 

We might have to agree to disagree on that. Politicians hire competent people all the time and if Sue Gray was deemed a safe pair of hands to deal with the partygate inquiry, its not all that surprising that she has landed a plum role now.

No sensible commentator will think that this changes the narrative over the lockdown parties at all.

eta - and there we have it ! MPs (not Sue Gray) think Boris may have misled parliament............hilarious stuff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64836425

Edited by Leith Green

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

We might have to agree to disagree on that. Politicians hire competent people all the time and if Sue Gray was deemed a safe pair of hands to deal with the partygate inquiry, its not all that surprising that she has landed a plum role now.

No sensible commentator will think that this changes the narrative over the lockdown parties at all.

eta - and there we have it ! MPs (not Sue Gray) think Boris may have misled parliament............hilarious stuff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64836425

Yes, but no sensible commentator has a regular column in a newspaper or gets on question time. Over opinionated under informed attention seeking gobshites all. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't agree that it SHOULD detract from her credibility, but I suppose I have to accept that it COULD. 

A few weeks ago, I pointed out that despite how well Labour were doing in the polls, folk in Scotland should never underestimate the ability of Labour to fek things up. The appointment of Gray might fall into that area.  A lie goes round the world before the truth can get its trousers on, and the Tories and their media pals will have a field day with the appointment even though, as I understand it, the evidence the Committee is looking at is independent of the opinions of Gray. 

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I don't agree that it SHOULD detract from her credibility, but I suppose I have to accept that it COULD. 

A few weeks ago, I pointed out that despite how well Labour were doing in the polls, folk in Scotland should never underestimate the ability of Labour to fek things up. The appointment of Gray might fall into that area.  A lie goes round the world before the truth can get its trousers on, and the Tories and their media pals will have a field day with the appointment even though, as I understand it, the evidence the Committee is looking at is independent of the opinions of Gray. 

If nothing else it's a dead cat while the corrupt liar johnson is being hauled over the coals

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Meanwhile, back at Westminster - 

"Boris Johnson may have misled Parliament over Partygate, MPs investigating his conduct say.

Evidence strongly suggests breaches of coronavirus rules would have been "obvious" to Mr Johnson, the privileges committee said in an update."

Did they say anything about the religious affiliation of the Pope or ursine toilet habits?