The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

I was tempted to say you're in a semi colon but that would have been a half arsed reply.

5 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Sorry my sarcastic tone didn’t translate to well into print. 😂

some of the parody accounts on twitter at the moment are excellent and it’s fun seeing the comments of the people who think it’s genuine.

However it shows the state of politics in the UK that it is sometimes very difficult to tell what’s real and what isn’t. Look at who could become the 3rd ever female PM!🫣

Please tell me that I am actually in a comma and this is all just a dream of the next series of ‘The Thick of it. ‘

BoJo has provided a less than stellar letter about his meeting with Lebedev. One bit is particularly interesting. 

Boris Johnson has said he did not discuss government business at a meeting with ex-KGB officer Alexander Lebedev "as far as I am aware".

"As far as I am aware"? "As far as I am aware"? 😂

Loosely translated as 'I was as pissed as a fart with two pole dancers on my lap and I can't remember a damn thing. However, if the committee wants any more details, I'm sure that the Russian Embassy will be able to produce a video recording.' 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar
Delete intrusive "the"...

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

BoJo has provided a less than stellar letter the about his meeting with Lebedev. One bit is particularly interesting. 

Boris Johnson has said he did not discuss government business at a meeting with ex-KGB officer Alexander Lebedev "as far as I am aware".

Loosely translated as 'I was as pissed as a fart with two pole dancers on my lap and I can't remember a damn thing. However, if the committee wants any more details, I'm sure that the Russian Embassy will be able to produce a video recording.' 

He wasn't aware of any parties at Number 10 either, so we can safely say he definitely did discuss government business at the meeting.

5 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

BoJo has provided a less than stellar letter about his meeting with Lebedev. One bit is particularly interesting. 

It’s a bit unfair imo.  Which of us hasn’t had a purely social meeting with an ex KGB spy?

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s a bit unfair imo.  Which of us hasn’t had a purely social meeting with an ex KGB spy?

Well, I have signed the Official Secrets Act but to date have never been caught in a honeytrap with Ivana Humpalott to spill the secrets of the Ministry of Scottish Paperclips.

Vlad, I know you read P&B- make it happen!

17 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

FYmeeDsX0AAYtME.thumb.jpeg.9ff849d81b3337f85df49e3e33f4a1ff.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/aug/05/boris-johnson-power-media-influence

"Maybe we should think less about Johnson as the looming Trump of British rightwing politics, and think more about him as something almost as alarming. He could become a new kind of disrupter on the British scene, a rightwing media shock-maker, a role that Nigel Farage has dallied with but does not take seriously. Johnson would do so. He could become the British version of American populist broadcasters such as Rush Limbaugh and Tucker Carlson, setting the agenda from outside the political system. He could make himself the man without whom nothing in politics can happen but who does not have to deal with the consequences. That kind of power and money without accountability would surely suit Johnson just fine."

The difference between Trump and Johnson is Trump is a genuinely imbecilic racist, sexist, delusional arsehole who is stupid enough to open his mouth and spew whatever his lizard-brain is thinking. There's a fundamental honesty about him even if it is repulsive.

Johnson is racist, sexist, and arguably an imbecile, but he's also an opportunist who will happily perform a complete about-face to jump on whichever bandwagon suits his ends at that point in time. I don't think he will become some sort of right-wing father-figure, because if the prevailing wind switches to a much more moderate narrative and that's what people want to talk about, that's what he will also shift towards. He'll no doubt hang around like a bad smell regardless, but he wont pigeon-hole himself because that runs the risk of rendering him irrelevant.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

The difference between Trump and Johnson is Trump is a genuinely imbecilic racist, sexist, delusional arsehole who is stupid enough to open his mouth and spew whatever his lizard-brain is thinking. There's a fundamental honesty about him even if it is repulsive.

Johnson is racist, sexist, and arguably an imbecile, but he's also an opportunist who will happily perform a complete about-face to jump on whichever bandwagon suits his ends at that point in time. I don't think he will become some sort of right-wing father-figure, because if the prevailing wind switches to a much more moderate narrative and that's what people want to talk about, that's what he will also shift towards. He'll no doubt hang around like a bad smell regardless, but he wont pigeon-hole himself because that runs the risk of rendering him irrelevant.

What would deter him is that this would involve actual work. More likely is he’ll attempt to cast himself as a Churchill-out-of-power: a grand old master occasionally delivering (what he thinks are) scathing bon mots to the media, until it’s time for him to be recalled to glory by the party without any effort on his part.

• 5 weeks later...

I think it's important that the investigations into Johnson's actions are continued and taken to their conclusion - if not you just know that 6 months from now his supporters will be claiming he was vindicated by the process, big calls right etc.

14 minutes ago, btb said:

I think it's important that the investigations into Johnson's actions are continued and taken to their conclusion - if not you just know that 6 months from now his supporters will be claiming he was vindicated by the process, big calls right etc.

They'll be claiming that anyway.

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I watched the programme and enjoyed it. 

As I understand it, comedy programmes don't have to be politically neutral or balanced.  As the Secretary in a State for Scotland might put it, "suck it up". 

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I watched the programme and enjoyed it. 

As I understand it, comedy programmes don't have to be politically neutral or balanced.  As the Secretary in a State for Scotland might put it, "suck it up". 

I enjoyed this bit, especially in light of Liz Truss saying Nicola Sturgeon was an attention seeker who should be ignored

Peer and former Labour MP Ian Austin said: 'Suggesting one of the most powerful women in the country is hysterical and in need of a padded cell is blatant sexism. Satire is incredibly important – but I thought tropes about women being mad were a thing of the past. Clearly not.'

The endless bullshit, the enormous lies, bluff and bluster about his imaginary achievements and the tongue in cheek classical references, all pretty standard BawJaws. But the reference to changing the rules reveals he's still fucking seething at being booted out of office in disgrace. Which is nice.