The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

"And tomorrow he will be dressing up as Casey Jones and taken to see how a train works. He is particularly looking forward to hearing the whistle go, and making choo-choo noises, a spokesperson said"

Given his reputation, I doubt that he'd be interested in an old boiler. There must be newer models around, as some of his earlier partners have discovered. 

BoJo has just had a wee cheer when he entered the Chamber. Presumably they think that they are in the film "Independence Day" and like the film's President of the USA be in the air, fighting interplanetary aliens in a fight for survival. 

I can't see any other reason why an outgoing PM would waste the time of RAF pilots for a photo shoot. 

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

BoJo has just had a wee cheer when he entered the Chamber. Presumably they think that they are in the film "Independence Day" and like the film's President of the USA be in the air, fighting interplanetary aliens in a fight for survival. 

I can't see any other reason why an outgoing PM would waste the time of RAF pilots for a photo shoot. 

Tbf if I'd just been given 6 weeks notice I'd be taking advantage of all the perks of the job ASAP, definitely if taking a ride in a Typhoon was one of them.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Tbf if I'd just been given 6 weeks notice I'd be taking advantage of all the perks of the job ASAP, definitely if taking a ride in a Typhoon was one of them.

Thank goodness you said "taking" and not "having" otherwise they'd have to boil a valuable fighter jet. 

🤮

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Full Trump

For all his bluff and bluster I take comfort from the fact that the fat, entitled c**t must be hurting inside.  Hounded out of office by his own colleagues and not a chance of a place in the cabinet under his successor, he is a failure and he knows it.  References to ‘Deep State’ are an indication of his hurt and denial.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Jess Phillips contribution to the confidence debate is worth looking up. 

She was certainly passionate, if not a bit ranty.

Her subject matter was deeply troubling and juxtaposing her contribution with that of Sir Bill Cash makes me wonder about the patriarchal nature of British culture and whether there is capacity for progress.

24 minutes ago, sophia said:

She was certainly passionate, if not a bit ranty.

Her subject matter was deeply troubling and juxtaposing her contribution with that of Sir Bill Cash makes me wonder about the patriarchal nature of British culture and whether there is capacity for progress.

She is a bit ranty but she does cold fury quite well and inviting the chief whip and the rest to intervene to refute anything she said was quite amusing 

20 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

How long do you think Boris will hang about as an MP after he leaves No 10?

Not very long is my guess 

If folk think there's been a stooshie in the Commons over recent months, just wait until the next PM tries to get BoJo into the House of Lords.

And with that nauseating thought, I bid everyone goodnight!

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

How long do you think Boris will hang about as an MP after he leaves No 10?

Not very long is my guess 

As long as it benefits him personally to do so. Even for a privileged buffer like Johnson, it's still a decent scam to get eighty-four grand a year for a job that allows you to spend as much time as you like earning money on the side.

He's also demonstrated a desire to grind out every last bean, so it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed on even if it starts to look like he'll be out on his arse at the next election. He ought to be good for a Mellor-style calculated hustings meltdown, as he has no shame.

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Just red meat to his supporters and he still has plenty it seems.

Johnson's legacy is to be based on him 'getting the big calls right', every bit as much a lie as his entire tenure as leader.  Unfortunately history is recorded retrospectively but no matter, it will be utterly damning as yet more evidence emerges thro time.

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Johnson's legacy is to be based on him 'getting the big calls right', every bit as much a lie as his entire tenure as leader.  Unfortunately history is recorded retrospectively but no matter, it will be utterly damning as yet more evidence emerges thro time.

I wonder if the phrase being spoken rather than written means that we have missed what it actually is.

When written down, it is more obvious - "We're getting the big calls, right?"