The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

For a narcissist who very much cares about his public image, this will eat away at him for years, and no amount of earnings will make this humiliation and inevitable continual ridicule go away.  Glorious.

Yes, you could see that yesterday at the select committee, totally oblivious to the way things were unfolding and having surrounded himself with sycophants and yes men he thought he was above the rest of the party.

12 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Danny "Freddy" Kruger has resigned. 

Never heard of him until now. 

I'd never heard of half of them until they resigned.

Do we really need all these people in government? Must cost a fortune, you get more in government than an ordinary MP, surely?

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Do we really need all these people in government? Must cost a fortune, you get more in government than an ordinary MP, surely?

Ministers get paid.  A PPS doesn't.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

It’s a fcuking gravy train. Awash with corruption and greed. 
Don’t even get me started on the House of Lords!

So if he's staying on as PM until October, who's going to fill all those vacancies to replace all the people who said they couldn't work for him? They can't just say "ah well, seeing as you're leaving now, can I have my job back please?"

1 minute ago, Forest_Fifer said:

So if he's staying on as PM until October, who's going to fill all those vacancies to replace all the people who said they couldn't work for him? They can't just say "ah well, seeing as you're leaving now, can I have my job back please?"

Of course they can. They are Tories, brass necks are the one thing they all have in common.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

The major hole in that scenario is that there's nothing to give away in an autumn budget that will seriously mitigate for the coming economic crunch and tally with all the incompatible pledges that they've chucked around already. 

This is a 2008-09 type moment and the government is not going to survive it. They'll be out for five years and then make another grab for power. 

A smarter - okay, more conniving - Tory leadership candidate would sit out this race entirely and pick up the pieces once all the losing candidates have discredited themselves and the winner gets emptied in the GE. 

I agree that it would be economically inept, but you have to remember who Tory government's policies are aimed at. The only have to attract a relatively small proportion of the electorate in key seats in England to win. As far as Westminster is concerned, Scotland is a total irrelevance. 

You also must keep in mind the liklihood of Labour utterly f#cking it up in policy terms. 

So he’s clinging on just so he doesn’t have as pathetically short a tenure as May. I hope his fellow vampires shred him before the next 28 days are out, making him have lasted a shorter period. It’s clear he still thinks he can exit with a modicum of dignity. Hopefully even that dream is shattered and he’s binned with maximum humiliation.

3 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Johnson will draw on his classical education for precedents and have himself declared dictator 

13 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Anyone who knew the slightest thing about boris Johnson knew it would end this way (although not quite as spectacularly badly - he outdid himself there).

Given that every relationship he gets into falls apart because he can't be trusted, it made logical sense that the one with the public would go the same way. 

I regret not spotting that when he was standing at that lectern in March 2020 telling the public to follow particular rules, that he himself was never going to follow them himself. It was so obvious. 

The people who continued hanging on his every word, like the DUP, as well as the fawning cabinet members, deserve particular criticism 

It's the summer recess - the country just somehow runs itself and hopes nothing serious happens.

There does appear to be some resistance to him remaining as caretaker. Not surprising, i would not trust him to behave and it could tarnish the Tories further.

Alternative is Raab being in charge though. 🙄

I enjoyed the Torys imploding so much yesterday, that I was glued to the news channels and didn't even watch the tennis.

The only thing that would have made yesterday better, is if they'd all spontaneously caught fire and had to save themselves by diving into a shark-infested, dumpster full of shyt!

Yours

aDONis