The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

5 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

It utterly delights me that Boris Johnson's time as PM, his literal dream job, has been one catastrophe after another and will be remembered as such.

He'll go down as the worst PM (in terms of achievements/political success) in the UK's history. Lord North's ghost is loving this. 

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Just thinking...  we can't risk BoJo doing a Trump and try for a comeback in a year or so based on "popularity". Get out the garlic, mallet and stake. No point in taking any unnecessary risks. 

We can and in fact should encourage this. Johnson has no patronage to successfully build a party in his own image; if he tries, it would tear the Tories apart for a generation.

If he slinks off to the international lecturing circuit then the rest of the rotten bunch will be back soon enough. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Looking forward to wee Liz trying to keep a straight face when he heads to the Palace to tell her he’s off

She might ask him to stick around. With Phil gone there’s an vacancy for an offensive racist.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

We can and in fact should encourage this. Johnson has no patronage to successfully build a party in his own image; if he tries, it would tear the Tories apart for a generation.

That would be a right wee shame

14 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I hope it’s a bloodbath in the more traditional sense and leaves every single Conservative Party member (at least) mortally wounded. 

Image result for hamlet death sceneHamlet Act 5 Scene 2

Just now, paul-r-cfc said:

Snivelling c**t. Nearly launched my cereal bowl throw the TV watching him. Sums up the smug, self entitlement that runs through that party of scumbags.

But seriously... once the hilarity of the moment has passed, there will be a new shiny leader, committed to finishing brexit, then a giveaway budget in the autumn, then the Mail, Express and Telegraph roar approval, then a general election before Christmas, resulting in a 40 seat Tory majority but Tories are wiped out in Scotland. 

Rees-Mogg becomes Secretary of State for Scotland and blames Martians for the electoral situation in his colony. 

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

He's an odious fucking cretin, but tbf, you could replace his name with literally any Tories and the statement would still be as accurate

This is making a fairly massive assumption that wee Liz isn't herself a vile Tory scumbag who actually really liked Johnson (which reports suggest she did). The Royals are selfish, self-serving arseholes who have only seen their wealth grow under his premiership. The caricature of this morally upstanding granny doing what's best for the nation is complete bullshit.

f**k her, f**k Boris, f**k the rest of the Royal family, and f**k every single Tory in existence. Vermin the lot of them.

I don’t disagree with the majority of this, but I reckon even she thinks Boris is a c**t

12 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Given BoJo's preference for entertainment, my quid would be on them being killed and mounted. 

It might be more decorous for them to be just holding hands...

Anyone who knew the slightest thing about boris Johnson knew it would end this way (although not quite as spectacularly badly - he outdid himself there).

He has no shame anyway so won't care in the slightest, those who should be deeply ashamed is anyone who supported him or voted for him given how obviously unsuitable he was. Truly our trump.

I had a family member who was a big fan, thought he was the best PM ever and was willing to bet he would lead the Tories in the next election. Won't gloat, but will collect, I knew it was the safest bet ever.

4 minutes ago, ArabGaz said:

Great news but unfortunately this c**t is the kind of guy who falls upwards. He’ll soon find himself in some other privileged position earning more money than any of us can ever dream of. 

For a narcissist who very much cares about his public image, this will eat away at him for years, and no amount of earnings will make this humiliation and inevitable continual ridicule go away.  Glorious.

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

But seriously... once the hilarity of the moment has passed, there will be a new shiny leader, committed to finishing brexit, then a giveaway budget in the autumn, then the Mail, Express and Telegraph roar approval, then a general election before Christmas, resulting in a 40 seat Tory majority but Tories are wiped out in Scotland. 

The major hole in that scenario is that there's nothing to give away in an autumn budget that will seriously mitigate for the coming economic crunch and tally with all the incompatible pledges that they've chucked around already. 

This is a 2008-09 type moment and the government is not going to survive it. They'll be out for five years and then make another grab for power. 

A smarter - okay, more conniving - Tory leadership candidate would sit out this race entirely and pick up the pieces once all the losing candidates have discredited themselves and the winner gets emptied in the GE.