The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Peston’s sidekick reckons she’ll be punted.  I didn’t see it but apparently she called for Boris to quit before saying she’d stand for leader.

BBC confirmed that, could see Dom getting the gig he was a lawyer to trade. Or perhaps some other junior minister 

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Suella whatsherface on Peston saying she’ll be standing in any leadership election Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Enough is enough, I'm drunk watching Peston talk to branch office manager Anas with covid death lord Hancock trying to give opinions outwith their understanding of human beings. Obviously Hancock is the bigger c**t but animated Anas runs him close.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm absolutely rooting for Boris to pull through here.

A tremendous year of comedy ahead if he can somehow keep ploughing on with a team of gormless backbenchers while the big beasts stew impotently on the sidelines.

Optimum outcome. The clown-show must go on.

12 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

"Loyalty in a cabinet minister means that the fear of losing his job is greater than the hope of getting mine"

Jim Hacker, "Yes Prime Minister"

Here's a quote from Jim Hacker that BoJo should perhaps have paid more attention to - 

"Honesty always gives you the advantage of surprise in the House of Commons." 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

41 resignations: why on earth are all these chumps being given jobs in the first place?

It may have been Sir Humphrey in "Yes Minister" who explained how ministers are chosen to Bernard along these lines;

A third of a ruling party's MPs have already been ministers and have been sacked/resigned/failed in the job (e.g. Jeremy Hunt, Grayling)

A third of a ruling party's MPs are ruled out on the grounds of age, inexperience, competence, or being swivel eyed carpet chewing loons (e.g. Sir Christopher Chope)

That leaves a third to fill all the remaining ministerial posts. This is further diluted by Boris feeling the need to pick Leave voters up to now so you get the likes of Rees-Mogg and Patel in posts whereas ordinarily they would be in the second category above 

It may have been Sir Humphrey in "Yes Minister" who explained how ministers are chosen to Bernard along these lines;
A third of a ruling party's MPs have already been ministers and have been sacked/resigned/failed in the job (e.g. Jeremy Hunt, Grayling)
A third of a ruling party's MPs are ruled out on the grounds of age, inexperience, competence, or being swivel eyed carpet chewing loons (e.g. Sir Christopher Chope)
That leaves a third to fill all the remaining ministerial posts. This is further diluted by Boris feeling the need to pick Leave voters up to now so you get the likes of Rees-Mogg and Patel in posts whereas ordinarily they would be in the second category above 

A prime example of category 2.

79e8a94516f5a2c1b0e683101a5a8ee1.jpg

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

If he resigned with immediate effect it would require an interim PM to be appointed, as constitutionally there needs to be a prime minister in post at all times. Dominic Raab, the justice secretary, is the deputy prime minister and would be the default choice, but if he was standing to replace Johnson and it was felt incumbency could give him an unfair advantage, it is possible a more neutral option could step in.

I think they should appoint an interim from the House of Lords, because I say the greatest Prime Minister was Lord Palmerston.