The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Conservative MP Andrew Mitchell, a former chief whip, has compared Boris Johnson with Rasputin.

“It’s a bit like the death of Rasputin. He’s been poisoned, stabbed, he’s been shot, his body’s been dumped in the freezing river and still he lives,” Mitchell told BBC Newsnight.

He was also adamant that it was “over” for the prime minister.

“This is an abnormal Prime Minister - brilliantly charismatic, very funny, very amusing, big, big character, but I’m afraid he has neither the character nor the temperament to be our prime minister.”

44 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I have no authority to do this but the competition has now closed and this is post of the day. 

(Your prize is that you are now Secretary of State for Northern Ireland.) 

I don't know.  I think this has a certain elegance;

Now that it's pretty obvious it's over for Johnson, I kind of want to see how far he takes it. The whole of British politics was always supposed to be about doing the "right and honourable" thing and now we've got a guy in there giving it "f**k you, if you like resigning so much you fucking do it, I'm staying" and there is not really any mechanism to deal with this. He's broken all the rules, but they forgot to ever actually write them down, so unlucky. We've not had a functioning government for months.

11 minutes ago, GAD said:

Now that it's pretty obvious it's over for Johnson, I kind of want to see how far he takes it. The whole of British politics was always supposed to be about doing the "right and honourable" thing and now we've got a guy in there giving it "f**k you, if you like resigning so much you fucking do it, I'm staying" and there is not really any mechanism to deal with this. He's broken all the rules, but they forgot to ever actually write them down, so unlucky. We've not had a functioning government for months.

We probably haven't had a properly functioning government in the purest sense since he got in. I mean appointing someone with links to the KGB to the house of Lords should have been enough to end someone's premiership.

How is is going to end for Boris, 

Sofas, and wardrobes up against windows in number 10,  a dining room chair up against the internal door handles .

Him  dressed in army fatigues, wearing a fez, for comedy value.  Charcoal strip across the nose.,Armed with wooden spoon,  baseball bat, and NERF gun,  and he has a days long stand off with a group 9f boy scouts, armed with catapults and water pistols.