The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Johnson will try and hang on. Presumably, unless he pulls off some kind of miracle in the by-elections he'll get threatened with a rule change with respect to another VONC.

Rebellion is too big really for him to try and re-shuffle his cabinet as well. Anyone lobbed out now just inherits a massive power base against him.

Basically, no one is in charge at this point. Expect to see Sunak, etc start throwing red meat to the rabid Tory base for us all to suffer.

Interesting comment by Paul Goodman, a former MP and Telegraph journalist, on Conservative Home - https://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2022/06/result-211-conservative-mps-have-confidence-on-johnson-and-148-do-not-have-confidence-in-johnson.html

"the payroll vote is apparently “between 160 and 170 MPs”.  Not all of it will have voted for the Prime Minister.  But had it done so, he would have won, on these figures, some 40 out of 195 backbenchers.

"The only reasonable conclusion one can reach is either a) that the vast bulk of those undeclared MPs voted against the Prime Minister or b) a significant of his payroll and declared supporters did so.  I suspect a mix of both."

Unlike him, I think that Johnson has to go now but he is a stubborn megalomaniac and will try to hang on.

With so many backbenchers against him, the Whips will have an impossible job.

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Starmer is fucking useless, isn't he? I don't pay much attention to the Westminster Labour party, and he's just reminded me why.

Labour should have used the golden opportunity presented to them with Partygate to get rid of Starmer and get someone better in ahead of an election. 

36 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

When did that happen?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  After me wanting Boris binned?  After me not voting Tory locally or nationally since 2019?

I positively welcome this!  You won't know this in your empty sound-bite head, though.

In your own words.

Interesting comment by Paul Goodman, a former MP and Telegraph journalist, on Conservative Home - https://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2022/06/result-211-conservative-mps-have-confidence-on-johnson-and-148-do-not-have-confidence-in-johnson.html

"the payroll vote is apparently “between 160 and 170 MPs”.  Not all of it will have voted for the Prime Minister.  But had it done so, he would have won, on these figures, some 40 out of 195 backbenchers.
"The only reasonable conclusion one can reach is either a) that the vast bulk of those undeclared MPs voted against the Prime Minister or b) a significant of his payroll and declared supporters did so.  I suspect a mix of both."

Unlike him, I think that Johnson has to go now but he is a stubborn megalomaniac and will try to hang on.
With so many backbenchers against him, the Whips will have an impossible job.
It wouldn't surprise me if some Red Wall Tory MPs defected if he stays as PM.

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

I wonder if there is any prospect of the rebels beginning to vote against government legislation?

It would only take defeat of a couple of bills for the grey suits to do their work on Bojo. 

That would risk a GE and there’s lots of Tories who don’t want that.

16 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Starmer is fucking useless, isn't he? I don't pay much attention to the Westminster Labour party, and he's just reminded me why.

A man with f**k all to say who takes forever to say it.

I suspect Boris is mortally wounded but will take a long while to die. The by-election results should add to the fun of watching this shower of Tory c***s get ever weaker with this clown in charge.