The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Predictions?

There are 359 Tory MPs.

I will say 239 for Johnson versus 120 against.

As I thought there were 360, that's just one away from my 240-120 which was greeted with a wry smile from my good lady. Maybe because my football predictions only got me into top 5 in L2. 

Edited by Chapelhall chap

Its May all over again. He will most likely get through the vote tonight and limp on as damaged goods for a few months before they empty him, it seems to be the Tory way. The "safe for a year" narrative is bollocks as that can be altered at the drop of a hat. This is the beginning of the end of the useless twat but he will drag his circus show on for as long as they let him as he doesn't have a milligram of self respect.

7 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Toady Jack has already declared his unwavering, simpering loyalty.

"He is showing tremendous leadership as we face major challenges at home and abroad," he adds. "I have no doubt that my colleagues in the parliamentary party will vote to show their confidence in the prime minister.”

Can only hope enough of their constituents are fucked off with the fat clown sufficiently to stop voting for these c***s next election.

Sadly Jack’s pretty safe in D&G. Love to be proved wrong though. 

15 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

What human tragedy or global crisis is BoJo praying happens in the next 6 or 7 hours to deflect the news away from him and save his skin?

The Queen dying? use of nuclear weapons in Ukraine? Major terrorist attack? A new ultra deadly strain of Covid? Zombie apocalypse? alien invasion? All of them combined??

Convinced this Tory government were delighted when Russia invaded Ukraine, not only did it bury their almost daily scandal but it gave Johnson his opportunity to go full Churchill.

The p***k is probably being dissuaded from declaring war on Russia this afternoon.

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Jeremy Hunt says he will vote against Boris. Feels significant as he has a lot of sway in the party. 

Surely that was the biggest banker for obvious reasons.

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

What human tragedy or global crisis is BoJo praying happens in the next 6 or 7 hours to deflect the news away from him and save his skin?

The Queen dying? use of nuclear weapons in Ukraine? Major terrorist attack? A new ultra deadly strain of Covid? Zombie apocalypse? alien invasion? All of them combined??

Convinced this Tory government were delighted when Russia invaded Ukraine, not only did it bury their almost daily scandal but it gave Johnson his opportunity to go full Churchill.

Those in power who'd break the rules in a crisis will the next time manufacture a crisis in order to break the rules. 

On the one hand every second the c**t and his servile incompetent cabinet are in power damage is done, lives are ruined and this stupid fucked up archipelago gets worse. 

On the other hand this was true in 2019 and while I'd rather fewer people were harmed I am a bit ambivalent about whether he goes now and is utterly humiliated or we wait a few months, he fucks this country up a bit more and then goes and is utterly humiliated.

Eachy fucking peachy to me. 

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

I think he'll win the vote, but even if he does, he's been fatally damaged. 

Wonder what the trigger was for the last few letters. Maybe the booing from what ought to have been the most complaint audience in Britain at the Jubilee  service? 

Little wonder they booed, then.

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Interesting timing. I find myself wondering what the difference in votes would have been if it took place after the by-elections.  We'll never know. 

The Tory loyal will gather round.  My prediction is that he will win the vote but is now damaged goods, the by-elections will hurt further and he'll be out by Christmas. (Health grounds, "more time with family", "new leadership needed for post-Ukraine world" caught shagging a secretary in a Downing Street cupboard or something like that.)

New leader in post to prepare for next election with a couple of budgets to steady the nerves... Bob's your uncle. 

Present, past or future?

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

The Kippers that all went to the Tories seem to be the Bozo fanboys, think the blue rinse traditional vote only backed him because of the commie takeover and them getting sent to the Gulag they read about in the comics if Corbyn had got in. Now grey man same cheek Sir Starmer is the alternative its not so worrying and no doubt the older generations seeing more friends and relatives being affected by Covid while they got hammered and danced to ABBA sticks in the craw.

That may well be a key factor, back in 2019 it took BJ 5 rounds of ballots with just the Tory MPs to get 50% and then he won the membership vote by 2:1.

Who knows who (AC/DC) the kippers might vote for - vocalist Brian Johnson?

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

If he survives it won’t be for long.

Other predictions: there will be anything from a trickle to a flood of junior minister and PPS resignations today.

When he goes Dafty Dorris will be away, Mogg will get relegated and Patel will be kept on but not as HS (on the basis of keep your friends close and your enemies closer).

Hunt or Truss will be next PM. If it’s Truss the official photographer will be sacked after asking asking her to say ‘cheese’ at the first official event.

That should cover most scenarios...

4 minutes ago, Zern said:

govelick.png

Yoonity.

Did Mikey have his fingers crossed behind his back?

Bit of trivia - TM only survived the Tories no confidence vote back in Dec 2018 by saying she wouldn't lead the party into the next GE, Johnson will give no such assurances.

I've been wrong before but I feel the vote will go against Johnson.