The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Just now, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I'd imagine the precedent for future issues.

Just another way of avoiding proper scrutiny and stealing power. The erosion of accountability is getting off the charts here. I know people on here won't agree but I'd be stunned if the letters aren't sent by the end of summer. 

I like your optimism in thinking that at any point they *might* give the watchdog gig to someone with any scruples, but I tend to take the view that when the glass contains shite and pish, then whether it's half full or half empty of it is kinda six and half and a dozen 

I think the rumoured number now in is 21 - saw that yesterday in a piece about either Ellwood or the Great Doogly Moogly - probably in The Graun. 

He clearly knows he would have been f'cked without that change. That's absolutely pathetic and cast iron proof that shaggy haired blob of carbon has zero integrity whatsoever.

Not that we didn't already know that...

8 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

There truly is a special place in hell reserved for this c**t, he is lower than whale shit.

I'm sorely tempted to write to the Psychiatrist in a State in Scotland to ask if, as "Scotland's man in the Cabinet", he honestly believes that this is the moment to weaken the Ministerial Code but as the response would probably rave incoherently about vaccines, Brexit, the Jubilee, flags, "Currygate, Captain Hindsight, ferries and trains, and not answer the bl00dy question, I probably won't. 

6 hours ago, GiGi said:

I have family that bought a house in Spain when they retired and they used to spend 6 months a year there over the colder months. They voted for Brexit and now they're angry that they can't stay for more than 90 days at a time.

Well that means they can stay for the three really cold months...

Here's a suggestion.  It should be eff all to do with the Prime Minister, or the Cabinet for that matter, what the Ministerial Code contains. It should be "the people" that set the rules under which Ministers act.  The present situation is like having folk awaiting trial determine sentencing policy and getting their mates to vote for it. 

9 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Here's a suggestion.  It should be eff all to do with the Prime Minister, or the Cabinet for that matter, what the Ministerial Code contains. It should be "the people" that set the rules under which Ministers act.  

Dangerous with the internet meaning collectives can be launched so quickly; petitions, crowdfunders et al. I *would* be trying to get over half the country to say ministers must have a live salmon in their top pocket to signify that they're ministers when in the House. This salmon will be kept alive by a team of people throwing buckets of cold water across the front bench every 4 minutes. 

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

This probably makes me a terrible person, but it's things like this which bring a brighter ray of sunshine into my life.

Coungt me in on that as well. One of the few bright spots was having these types getting to understand the difference between "ex-pats" and "immigrants".

i.e. none.

The "discrimination" those pesky foreign airports are practising raises a wee smile, too.

6 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

My perception is that because there's not much leaking of possible names, it could be someone quite senior.... 

(Please, please, please 🙏 let it be a particularly tall, lanky, bespectacled streak of piss whose name rhymes with peas-hogg)

5 hours ago, Zern said:

My money is on the slithy Gove.

The erratic behaviour, the drug-fuelled dancing, and above all his moist lips.

We are spoiled for choice when it comes to Torys and sexual assault.

Neither is unbelievable, but this is a pretty crowded field. No matter the current form, mind, I'd have my normal five-pound "saver" on that oily wee cúnt Penfold Francois.

15 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Coungt me in on that as well. One of the few bright spots was having these types getting to understand the difference between "ex-pats" and "immigrants".

i.e. none.

The "discrimination" those pesky foreign airports are practising raises a wee smile, too.

From what I’ve gathered in my time in the US ‘immigrants’ speak Spanish but that’s probably kinda confusing in Spain. 

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

From what I’ve gathered in my time in the US ‘immigrants’ speak Spanish but that’s probably kinda confusing in Spain. 

"Immigrants" are people who come to this country and often make no attempt to integrate, learn the language or culture and it is simply outrageous.

"Ex-pats" are people who go to other countries and often make no attempt to integrate, learn the language or culture because really there is no need.

HTH 😃

19 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Regardless of your politics, the shameless way in which BoJo is trying to bend every rule possible to save his own neck should give huge concern for where politics is in the UK at the moment. 

This is the key; it isn’t just at the moment but rather what’s been going on for a few years now. Johnson and his ilk have been eroding the standards of politics bit by bit, gradually pushing the limits of what they can get away with (everything, so far). The gradual lowering of standards is how they get away with it. And we’re nowhere near the nadir yet.

Expect another little bit of erosion here, another there, as all the while folk just enjoy dear old funny Boris being a character, whilst accepting that politics is just like that and always has been - see, they still wear those wonderfully traditional robes and call each other honourable: the good old English traditions remain, so nothing can have really got worse.

33 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Regardless of your politics, the shameless way in which BoJo is trying to bend every rule possible to save his own neck should give huge concern for where politics is in the UK at the moment. 

Yeah, but it won’t.  There’s only one solution.