The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

On 27/04/2022 at 09:45, carpetmonster said:

Back of a fag packet maths, Mrs Sunak’s ponied up 30 grand to avoid giving the revenue a bit over 4 mil. Sounds like a good deal to me. 

42F93B6B-3251-4765-BD94-E87C520461CE.png

I very seldom, if ever, earned £30,000 p/a, never mind having a spare £30,000 lying about to give to the government.

17 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I very seldom, if ever, earned £30,000 p/a, never mind having a spare £30,000 lying about to give to the government.

Aye but back when you were working £30k was a lot of money. 

You were a shipwright on the Ark, I heard. 😉

On 28/04/2022 at 02:40, Boo Khaki said:

This is a scandal. Clearly a blatant attempt to disenfranchise poor and disadvantaged people, and a ploy straight out of the Republican playbook of shithousery.

Not just that if the government of the day have the power to direct Electoral Commission investigations into donations then they could spend like f**k and win the election and then not bother investigating. I think it's now time for Scotland to set up their own independent electoral commission to oversee Scottish Elections and Referendums, it would be a strange situation to have a foreign government in charge of your election.

Yup. Anyone who thinks they wouldn't try to skew Scots elections hasn't been paying attention to what the Tories have already done with the EHRC. No surprise here that the SHRC have publicly questioned whether the EHRC should be commenting on devolved matters, being that it is now nothing more than a vehicle designed to push Tory ideology and policies.

Boris is such a roaring success electorally now the Welsh Conservatives are talking about using the Welsh brand to distance themselves from the English Tories. Following Adam Tompkins saying Scotland should do the same.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Boris is such a roaring success electorally now the Welsh Conservatives are talking about using the Welsh brand to distance themselves from the English Tories. Following Adam Tompkins saying Scotland should do the same.

They'll still take central Funds, you can be sure of that.

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Separatists! Don’t they know they’re better together?

Raab, Gove, Hunt and Brexit hard man Steve Baker must all be fearing for their seats at the next election. Raab in particular looks an absolute goner as the Lib Dems crushed his majority from 23,000 to less than 3,000 at the last election and won every council seat in the area today. 

For all the talk of the red wall MPs getting fed up with Johnson, I reckon it’ll be southern MPs in the traditional Tory shires that end up showing him the door. 

Talk of the Prime Minister triggering a leadership challenge meaning should he win it would be 12 months before the 1922 committee could dislodge him again.

Certainly think that 8 more fines and a couple of by-election defeats would push him very close to the edge.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Talk of the Prime Minister triggering a leadership challenge meaning should he win it would be 12 months before the 1922 committee could dislodge him again.

Certainly think that 8 more fines and a couple of by-election defeats would push him very close to the edge.

They’ll just scrap the 12 month rule anyway 

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

For all the talk of the red wall MPs getting fed up with Johnson, I reckon it’ll be southern MPs in the traditional Tory shires that end up showing him the door. 

Agreed. I think a lot less attention gets given to this because it's often the Lib Dems the seats are at risk to rather than Labour. The losses are worse when they're to Labour, granted. 

I'm sick of hearing about the fucking red wall. It's now getting to Gretna-esque levels of manufactured mythology, with the undeserved level of worship or gets, and we all know how that particular story ended. 

They lost control of Wokingham council today (losing 5 councillors), which is very safe territory for them. They are very fortunate that only a third of the council was up, or it would've been a bloodbath. They also lost six in Reading (down from 12) in an all-out election. Mentioning these as they are where I live and formally lived, but they are starting to paint a pretty bleak picture for the Tories. 

Both are areas that voted remain. John Redwood's majority is c7k, down from about double that previously and a repeated pattern of today would see him out. In Reading West, Alok Sharma has a majority of around 5k. The town itself leans pretty heavily Labour, but the Tories win in the out-of -town parts of it. Said out of town parts are very similar to the places in Wokingham council where the Lib Dems made gains today. 

Boris Johnson is a very lucky man tonight. If there had been more seats up for election in the home counties tonight, there would've been an absolute bloodbath and he'd be under a hell of a lot of pressure. 

9 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Sigh7931e5321c48b44a8256db44fede25d1.jpg

They lost 25% of the seats in England they were defending. 

Comical. 

Edited to add: 30% in Scotland and over 40% in Wales. 

Edited by Michael W