The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

57 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Because they were employing far right conspiracy theories on a huge scale to attack Corbyn long before Johnson was leader. 

And going back decades they have consistently been virulently racist, eg supporting Apartheid South Africa, and homophobic, creating section 28, plus disgusting stuff like villfying single mothers. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I completely agree with everything you say, but what I mean is that they will not like some sort of Trump like character in Johnson being so open about it. I'd say the small minded typical 'shire' Tory tends to be fairly low key and small c conservative about voicing such views publicly and are far more reserved than guys like Johnson and because of that, do not respond particularly well to him blustering on(when he is not winning stuff), stiff upper lip and all that.

Equally, I think fairly middle ground Tory voters like in the red wall areas will not take to well to it either. What he is currently playing up to is the more hardliners and right of his party, who gained some power after Brexit, but frankly is on the way out. Which is why I say it plays more to UKIP type people. 

You forgot to add to your list the smear tactics of the trade unionists, Irish and Windrush generation. The way I see it is that the Tories see themselves as a break to the more progressive ideologies of pretty much everyone else. When they see society moving away from their comfort zone, they either have to resort to clinging onto the old ways (Brexit) or only allowing progression at a slow pace by electing their 'progressive' (BoJo). When neither work, they resort to scorched earth (the impending Tory party fracture) and removal from power (see also 1997-2010).

They tolerated BoJo and his lifestyle, which was as far removed from typically Conservative as possible, because he wasn't Corbyn and DeLIvErED BrExIT. They comforted themselves as being 'all modern and progressive' because the front bench looks diverse. But, when faced with an, albeit bland and uninspiring, opposition leader, who is more Tory than their own in terms of handling himself, they start to freak. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

1 in 2 British marriages end in divorce and actually getting married at all is a good indicator of voting Tory. 

I don't think there is a standard Tory anymore. They have a coalition and Boris appeals to the parts of it with somewhere else to go. 

Edited by Detournement

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

1 in 2 British marriages end in divorce and actually getting married at all is a good indicator of voting Tory. 

I don't think there is a standard Tory anymore. They have a coalition and Boris appeals to the parts of it with somewhere else to go. 

I don't think that's true.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Holy f*ck, I've never voted Tory in my puff but now I discover that I've been a Tory for the last 26 years.

HELP !!!!!

Refusing to resign after being publicly outed as a liar (again), and doubling down on 4chan-style conspiracy theories.

We officially don't get to laugh at the Americans about Trump anymore. Sad!

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's not complicated lads. 

Just the same way that being a pensioner or a home owner is an indicator of voting Tory so is being married (or divorced).

It doesn't mean everyone in those categories is.

So to summarise...

Some people who are married are Tories 

Some people who are divorced are Tories 

Some people who are home owners are Tories 

Some people who are retired are Tories 

Given that the Tories take 20% of the vote, it really is a stroke of genius to make this sort of connection

The other thing to consider when looking at who votes Tory, is education level. This is from YouGov, a couple of years old but I'd imagine it still holds. It might explain why the likes of the Daily Mail and the Express are so important to the Tories, keep the lowly educated masses happy with soap and celebrity news, whilst brainwashing them for the greater good of the Party.

Voting.jpg