The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

25 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Quite right. Money should be funnelled to friends of the government through official channels by awarding lucrative contracts, bail outs and subsidies.

Russian money does pose a bit of a threat to the influence of American money. 

24 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

You mean a 'cover up'?

Do  really think that someone appointed by the PM and answerable to someone who in turn is answerable to the U.K. government is really going to ‘cover up’?  That’s very cynical.

Predictions

The guy who sent the email and whoever bought the cake to be found to have broken rules and defenestrated. 

Recommendation for Johnson to put in place revised governance procedures or something equally bollocks. 

Police's upcoming agreed decision that there's insufficient evidence or public benefit for a prosecution to be presented as independent corroboration that Boris is great. 

Nobody believes a word of it but Tories brass it out. 

Starmer to be quoted as saying "i believe that it is very important that we give an effective and clear blah blah blah some old shite about hardworking families etc" 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Predictions

The guy who sent the email and whoever bought the cake to be found to have broken rules and defenestrated. 

Recommendation for Johnson to put in place revised governance procedures or something equally bollocks. 

Police's upcoming agreed decision that there's insufficient evidence or public benefit for a prosecution to be presented as independent corroboration that Boris is great. 

Nobody believes a word of it but Tories brass it out. 

Starmer to be quoted as saying "i believe that it is very important that we give an effective and clear blah blah blah some old shite about hardworking families etc" 

You can see them already laying the groundwork for this.

My fear is now he will limp on and before long folk will have forgotten this. In a way though, I'd be delighted for this to happen as BoJo is the biggest asset to the fight for Scottish independence.

On Starmer, I find him really frustrating. Too measured in his attacks and while he is probably right to play the long game and be the adult in the room, there has to come a point where that is built up to and he all out attacks. This is probably that point, yet he won't go for it. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon the Tories have been given a heads up of the report and deemed it 'defendable' hence how they seem a lot more cocky and brazen today than they have in recent times.

I actually thought it might be the opposite, hence why they were constantly going on about Brexit and insisting we focus on "priorities".

5 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

You can see them already laying the groundwork for this.

My fear is now he will limp on and before long folk will have forgotten this. In a way though, I'd be delighted for this to happen as BoJo is the biggest asset to the fight for Scottish independence.

On Starmer, I find him really frustrating. Too measured in his attacks and while he is probably right to play the long game and be the adult in the room, there has to come a point where that is built up to and he all out attacks. This is probably that point, yet he won't go for it. 

Although i did kind of slag him off i don't think Starmer's first priority is actually to attack the Tories and win an election. I think his success should be judged on whether he can stop the Labour Party from self destructing. 

The only thing that will matter is the polls.  I do not see the public buying a whitewashed report, and even if Johnson brazens it out for now if polls by late February/early March do not show a significant reversal of recent trends he will get unceremoniously dumped.

No need to prematurely ejaculate him from office. Try to make it last longer. Think about the Queen Mother. Think Margaret Thatcher. You want to get to the next election and that's ages away. 

Don't think about him going or you'll just end up offering apologies and buying gifts and saying "you know, it really is a complement".

3 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Decent guillotine/cake analogy from Blackford there.

Left Bojo an open goal unfortunately. 

This Boris overstep the mark with his comment "I don’t know who has been eating more cake?". Boris obviously thought he went too far as his next comment was "Behind the scenes we cooperate well and I want to continue to do so"

27 minutes ago, betting competition said:

This Boris overstep the mark with his comment "I don’t know who has been eating more cake?". Boris obviously thought he went too far as his next comment was "Behind the scenes we cooperate well and I want to continue to do so"

He's used the "behind the scenes" remark on several occasions to infer that it's a game and everyone is better together

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Same, Albania is an amazing place to visit - even better to live.

And fair enough, I actually only visited those places (and think I only drove through Elbasan). Berat and Gjirokaster have too much great architecture to be worried about bunkers.

The places people are most likely to visit (beaches, mountains, Tirana) are full of those bunkers. It's a hassle for people to get rid of them so they are just left where they are.

And that reminds me of the Tirana Theatre demolition, can't stop the state / dodgy actors demolishing stuff and funnelling criminal profits back into new build construction. 

Anyone else know a country where criminal actors funnel their illicit gains into property? Where the state is complicit in welcoming dirty money? At least Albania has its own gangers, for Montenegro and the UK it's just Russian imports.

I spent several happy years working in Tirana, and can confirm that Albania is a gem of a place to live. Lovely people, and some of the best seafood you will find anywhere on the planet.

I can also confirm that the bunkers are still in place in numerous locations.

Fully expect Albania to become a stag weekend magnet in coming years should stag weekends abroad ever return to being a regular feature.