The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Like Hugh Hefner, they only suffered after death.
Probably the best time to suffer tbh.
At least Hoxhas thousands of bunkers still blight the landscape.
Most of them have disappeared now and they were concentrated around border areas, many of the surviving ones serve a useful purpose as storehouses.

You could easily spend a month traveling in Albania and not notice a bunker, the blights on the country's landscape came after communism.

39 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I’m trying to work out what they gain from stringing this out. Damning report - he’s gone. Waffling report - it’s a whitewash get the liars out (quite rightly). Absolute buffoon symptomatic of a group of people who have been shielded from real life for too long. 

Basically none of them fancy the top job just now and that's why Boris will survive til May at least 

46 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Most of them have disappeared now and they were concentrated around border areas, many of the surviving ones serve a useful purpose as storehouses.

You could easily spend a month traveling in Albania and not notice a bunker, the blights on the country's landscape came after communism.

You what now?! I guess by not engaging your eyes but they are dotted around the beaches and mountains in Albania (not to mention around the cities and the two main museums in Tirana are bunkers).

Where were you travelling?!

And to be fair, I never saw one used as a storehouse but I'm sure they are.

Blight is maybe harsh but it's definitely polluting my favourite beach between Dhermi and Drymades.

Back to Boris, I think his near term future involves hiding in an Albanian bunker.

Edited by Satoshi

You what now?! I guess by not engaging your eyes but they are dotted around the beaches and mountains in Albania (not to mention around the cities and the two main museums in Tirana are bunkers).
Where were you travelling?!
And to be fair, I never saw one used as a storehouse but I'm sure they are.
Blight is maybe harsh but it's definitely polluting my favourite beach between Dhermi and Drymades.
Back to Boris, I think his near term future involves hiding in an Albanian bunker.

I used to live out there and am heading back for three weeks pretty soon. You have to search for a bunker around places like Berat, Elbasan and Gjirokaster, even somewhere nearish a border like Korçe.

Some of the shoddy housing erected when it was close to falling as a state is far worse. Luckily UNESCO put on a lot of pressure to tear them down in areas of architectural significance.

One hotel owner in Berat thought they were bluffing until the heavy machinery turned up as warned one morning. I've seen photos of his guests stood outside in their pyjamas looking on in astonishment as the place began to be demolished.

20 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I used to live out there and am heading back for three weeks pretty soon. You have to search for a bunker around places like Berat, Elbasan and Gjirokaster, even somewhere nearish a border like Korçe.

Some of the shoddy housing erected when it was close to falling as a state is far worse. Luckily UNESCO put on a lot of pressure to tear them down in areas of architectural significance.

One hotel owner in Berat thought they were bluffing until the heavy machinery turned up as warned one morning. I've seen photos of his guests stood outside in their pyjamas looking on in astonishment as the place began to be demolished.

Same, Albania is an amazing place to visit - even better to live.

And fair enough, I actually only visited those places (and think I only drove through Elbasan). Berat and Gjirokaster have too much great architecture to be worried about bunkers.

The places people are most likely to visit (beaches, mountains, Tirana) are full of those bunkers. It's a hassle for people to get rid of them so they are just left where they are.

And that reminds me of the Tirana Theatre demolition, can't stop the state / dodgy actors demolishing stuff and funnelling criminal profits back into new build construction. 

Anyone else know a country where criminal actors funnel their illicit gains into property? Where the state is complicit in welcoming dirty money? At least Albania has its own gangers, for Montenegro and the UK it's just Russian imports.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:
Rees Mogg is wearing a mask at PMQs that makes it look as if he is peering out from behind prison bars. 
I wish. 

Isn't it just homage to last nights result in Paisley ?

Aye, Aberdeen couldn't raise a gallop because unfortunately the Saints don't play in blue.... 😉

3 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

f**k me, what a rambling mess Bojo is; shame Keir Starmer is wet sock.

I believe Starmer is playing the long game. If Johnson survives, he is a wounded animal who will just cause more damage to the Tories. There is still at least 2 years to the next election.

I believe Starmer is playing the long game. If Johnson survives, he is a wounded animal who will just cause more damage to the Tories. There is still at least 2 years to the next election.

Giving the Tories enough time to sack him and replace him and make it all go away. It needs to be cut throat from Labour here and it’s just not.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

That's why Ross turned against BoJo.  Fighting the Scottish local elections as a BoJo supporter would have been politically suicidal for the "Scottish" Tories.  Yet if BoJo stays, can Ross stay part of the unionist Conservative Party led by that Charlotte Ann*? 

(*Copyright Salt n' Vinegar, 2022.)