The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Interesting to hear on Sky News that Johnson didn't inform his cabinet during this morning's meeting, even though he'd been told about the Met's involvement prior to the event.
Coupled with the "no phones" rule in force at these meetings, this apparently led to a string of bemused ministers being asked, as they left Hacienda South Downing St., what their opinions were on this development - which they, supposedly Johnson's top team, were entirely unaware of. He sure knows how to piss off the people who can do him most damage.
I'd be very surprised if he hadn't informed then, obviously he is a compulsive liar so probably said he didn't. Completely right about the phones though, although the useless bunch would be better just playing tetris for what its worth

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'd be very surprised if he hadn't informed then, obviously he is a compulsive liar so probably said he didn't. Completely right about the phones though, although the useless bunch would be better just playing tetris for what its worth

I think you misunderstand - he hasn't said this - it became evident when minister afeter minister gave the "what police involvement" response.

Surely no-one believes anything will actually happen to him, do they?

His entire career is built on lying and deceit, and thinking he is better than anyone. Tory voters love him.

He's not going anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Tory voters love him.

*Citation needed*

Past performance is also not a credible predictor of future outcomes, otherwise no politician would ever fall from power at a time not of their own choosing. Unless you're Uncle Joe Stalin or Enver Hoxha, every single leader's luck runs out. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, virginton said:

*Citation needed*

Past performance is also not a credible predictor of future outcomes, otherwise no politician would ever fall from power at a time not of their own choosing. Unless you're Uncle Joe Stalin or Enver Hoxha, every single leader's luck runs out. 

Maybe.

I just get the feeling that a lot of folk are expecting nothing short of the French Revolution, where instead the most likely event is that nothing changes, or he's replaced by another Vile Tory who's just as bad, if not worse.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

A Gray whitewash followed by a Met whitewash with Johnson continuing to insist he has not broken the law is the best outcome.  No one will believe it and Cressida Dick’s reputation damaged even further (if that’s possible).

Even if that were to happen I think the magical 54 letters would be received by Graham Brady with Johnson out on his arse and, hopefully, a very public and very messy leadership contest.

Good way for the met to quickly move tbe story on from the vile stories of police abuse of a female yesterday. 

37 minutes ago, Gaz said:

he's replaced by another Vile Tory who's just as bad, if not worse.

That very much goes with the job description though. 

Johnson's shelf life looks unlikely to last beyond the May local elections. So long as there is further evidence that he is losing (which he is and has been for a few months), he will be toppled. 

Who'd have thought that a man with a history of lying, cheating and incompetence would be a lying, cheating, incompetent prime minister? Staggering stuff.
Anyway, this will drag out for another few weeks, Russia will invade Ukraine and Boris will have a Falklands Moment and save his job.
Mmmmm Rusia are no Argentina (said in a John Motson voice). I suspect there will be no task force sailing to engage the Ruskies should it happen.

Mmmmm Rusia are no Argentina (said in a John Motson voice). I suspect there will be no task force sailing to engage the Ruskies should it happen.
Back door deal to allow the Russians to quietly take Ukraine in exchange for 20% off the natgas price doesnt carry the same headlines tbf, so he might need to send a land rover or two worth of are brave boys

11 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I'm sure Putin and Russia have already been pissing themselves with laughter at the prospect of 'puny' Britannia getting involved ....🤣

Smoke screen stuff indeed from the britnat media ......:rolleyes:

But wait! We are a nuclear weapon super power??

16 hours ago, Gaz said:

Maybe.

I just get the feeling that a lot of folk are expecting nothing short of the French Revolution, where instead the most likely event is that nothing changes, or he's replaced by another Vile Tory who's just as bad, if not worse.

Yes, the narrative (as swallowed whole by the board's resident tory dupes) is that Boris isn't a real Tory so we need a real Tory to do Tory things like cutting spending. 

The opposition aided and abetted by the pravda press is playing into their hands by making it personal and not making an issue of Tory corruption, tory incompetence and tory lies. It is all about Boris. 

16 hours ago, virginton said:

*Citation needed*

Like Hugh Hefner, they only suffered after death.

Probably the best time to suffer tbh.

At least Hoxhas thousands of bunkers still blight the landscape.

I’m trying to work out what they gain from stringing this out. Damning report - he’s gone. Waffling report - it’s a whitewash get the liars out (quite rightly). Absolute buffoon symptomatic of a group of people who have been shielded from real life for too long.