The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

Dearie f'in me. She is really as thick as she seems isn't she?

Possibly Boris wouldn't know what a birthday party was as no one ever invited him to one when he was a kid and he's never attended any of his many kids ones. 

Bear in mind this is a woman who expressed anger at Tory posters being defaced by what she thought were called “swass stickers”.

It occurred to me that Starmer should make a point of not specifically going after Johnson at PMQs, but rather at the various cabinet colleagues conspicuous by their absence of support.

Treat Johnson for what he is: a total lame duck. He hasn't been forced out because none of the half dozen or so who would have his job are ready to move. So the country continues to be debased by Johnson to serve Conservative party interests.

So, get attacking them. Get in the early hits that whoever comes next is starting outside of the country's best interests, at the same time, make Johnson look small. Create the impression he is finished.

11 minutes ago, renton said:

It occurred to me that Starmer should make a point of not specifically going after Johnson at PMQs, but rather at the various cabinet colleagues conspicuous by their absence of support.

Treat Johnson for what he is: a total lame duck. He hasn't been forced out because none of the half dozen or so who would have his job are ready to move. So the country continues to be debased by Johnson to serve Conservative party interests.

So, get attacking them. Get in the early hits that whoever comes next is starting outside of the country's best interests, at the same time, make Johnson look small. Create the impression he is finished.

I reckon it’s in Starmer’s interest for this to be dragged out for as long as possible.

19 minutes ago, renton said:

As Granny said, why would Starmer want Johnson removed? The economy is only going to get worse over the next couple of years, a new leader could just blame it all on Johnson and claim he/she's the best person to get us out of his mess, while praising his vaccine stuff and getting us out of Europe etc.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

As Granny said, why would Starmer want Johnson removed? The economy is only going to get worse over the next couple of years, a new leader could just blame it all on Johnson and claim he/she's the best person to get us out of his mess, while praising his vaccine stuff and getting us out of Europe etc.

He's going at some point. Even if he survives this, the party will wait until its convenient to get him out before the next election on a timescale of their choosing.

Better for Labour that he goes out causing as much damage to the Tories on the way. Ultimately it's not a blank pay cheque for Labour to use for years, they might have weeks or even a month or two of this but the danger is it gets normalised, and Johnson, while reviled is cuaterised by his party pending his replacement. I just think Labour need to be attacking the whole system behind Johnson, rather than let him become the  lamb for all the Tories issues.

1 minute ago, renton said:

He's going at some point. Even if he survives this, the party will wait until its convenient to get him out before the next election on a timescale of their choosing.

Better for Labour that he goes out causing as much damage to the Tories on the way. Ultimately it's not a blank pay cheque for Labour to use for years, they might have weeks or even a month or two of this but the danger is it gets normalised, and Johnson, while reviled is cuaterised by his party pending his replacement. I just think Labour need to be attacking the whole system behind Johnson, rather than let him become the  lamb for all the Tories issues.

You're probably right, but I don't want the next PM coming out of it all squeaky clean and all the dirty laundry dissolved in acid. Sunak in particular is already playing that game, disappearing to Cornwall and pretending as Chancellor that the NI rise had nothing to do with him.

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Finally the met bizzys are going to investigate the partying 

Does the met investigating the parties now mean that the Sue Gray report is paused?

Just as she was about to report!

Who'd have thought that a man with a history of lying, cheating and incompetence would be a lying, cheating, incompetent prime minister? Staggering stuff.

Anyway, this will drag out for another few weeks, Russia will invade Ukraine and Boris will have a Falklands Moment and save his job.

30 minutes ago, btb said:

Does the met investigating the parties now mean that the Sue Gray report is paused?

Just as she was about to report!

Yes, cannot be published, which is a pain, but probably correct. Does pose the question though as to why they did not investigate previously? Is a civil servant really a better investigator than the police?

If I was being cynical and conspiracy theorist, I'd say it is incredibly convenient the met announce this just days before the report comes out, causing a delay and by the time the report does cone out, they will hope the news cycle has moved on..... Boris will be on the phone to Putin as we speak. 

11 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Yes, cannot be published, which is a pain, but probably correct. Does pose the question though as to why they did not investigate previously? Is a civil servant really a better investigator than the police?

If I was being cynical and conspiracy theorist, I'd say it is incredibly convenient the met announce this just days before the report comes out, causing a delay and by the time the report does cone out, they will hope the news cycle has moved on..... Boris will be on the phone to Putin as we speak. 

In the Met's case almost certainly.