The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

I would say virtually no government is great for logic and rationality.

Maybe a technocrat like Mario Draghi but there isn't many.

And it's undeniable that Pol Pot wanted to turn back time and move from an urban to agarian economy - he was undoubtedly a social conservative. 

13 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

I would say virtually no government is great for logic and rationality.

Maybe a technocrat like Mario Draghi but there isn't many.

And it's undeniable that Pol Pot wanted to turn back time and move from an urban to agarian economy - he was undoubtedly a social conservative. 

Not at all.  He was a firm believer in all the communist, equality of outcome nonsense that we see creeping in to society now.  His regime's official policy was to dismantle the nuclear family.

Just now, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Why are people sitll asking this plampf direct questions? He'll avoid it, tell you to look it up, then ask another question back and then accuse you of avoiding the question.

I appeal to you to pay attention.  I answer questions that are put to me, unless they are from EEIL dwellers, in which case I don't see them.

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Genuinely curious tho'. Is it just my posts on different threads you trawl through to give red dots to and, if so, is it because of the Asian name in the handle? Feel free to dodge the question and ask me one in return.

Nah, I get that as well despite apparently being on his ignore list. 

I think the answer should be the ideal situation is where a family stays together if at all possible however it’s made up. There are obviously some relationships that are beyond repair but I think it’s a fair comment to say some couples of whatever gender are too quick to break up a family which in most cases is detrimental to the children.

14 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Exhibit A:

A simple question. Your answer?

Avoiding giving an answer by, instead, referring to some imaginary statistics and then asking your own question in return

The question is repeated. Even if there is such a thing as a traditional family unit "proven by statistics" all you need to do at this point is say what it it is. Will you do that or will you just ask another question in return?

Who could have seen that coming?

Maybe you'll answer the third time. Or will you dodge the question again and just accuse the person asking you a simple question of dodging the question?

Called it. Dodged the question. Accused the person asking you a question of being scared to ask questions. Certified arsehole. 

Genuinely curious tho'. Is it just my posts on different threads you trawl through to give red dots to and, if so, is it because of the Asian name in the handle? Feel free to dodge the question and ask me one in return.

I answered the question - the answer was that it's the one that statistics show is best.

There are indeed proven statistics, and I was trying to encourage the poster to look them up, something I'd still like him to do.

Due to his original homing in on particular aspects of my post, as well as a complete reframing of one of my points, I had a feeling he hadn't entered the conversation in good faith.  If he looked up the stats, then he'd have to accept them.. something I didn't think he wanted to do.

A stats analysis would open the door to us being at the same starting point, meaning that a reasonable discussion could then ensue if he was up for it.  There would be facts he'd have to go with without resorting to sarcasm or labelling.

After answering his question satisfactorily, he has failed to answer my questions.  Will you please put some pressure on him to do so?

I give you red dots because you give them to me.

Edited by Scott Steiner

7 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Oh and maybe something about transgerderism in sports.

Cards on the table, but I struggle with this.  

No other facet of transgender rights, or self identification bother or even enter my thoughts, but I just can't square away this nagging feeling that transgender women could set all sorts of records or even dominate certain womens sport.

I suspect that the jury is still out on the actual impacts, and that I'm just an old git slightly jaundiced by Renee Richards.

But no matter, it is still the one thing that I can't reconcile in my head...  yet!

Yours

aDONis 

11 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

No it's not. I've seen that if you red dot him, he will reciprocate by red dotting an equal number of your posts on other threads.

I think the answer should be the ideal situation is where a family stays together if at all possible however it’s made up. There are obviously some relationships that are beyond repair but I think it’s a fair comment to say some couples of whatever gender are too quick to break up a family which in most cases is detrimental to the children.

Which is fair enough but the “traditional” family unit is a man and a woman who are married. It’s fair enough to assume someone who slips around and refuses to clarify what they mean is doing so because that’s what they want to say but can’t because of the obvious implications.

10 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

There are indeed proven statistics, and I was trying to encourage the poster to look them up, something I'd still like him to do.

There are proven statistics, glad you raised it, just to confirm we both agree that children raised by lesbians are, generally, smarter and less likely to suffer from ill health (including mental health) than those raised by heterosexuals

It seems weird you would go all this time without just saying that. 

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Which is fair enough but the “traditional” family unit is a man and a woman who are married. It’s fair enough to assume someone who slips around and refuses to clarify what they mean is doing so because that’s what they want to say but can’t because of the obvious implications.

Not at all.  I've explained why I answered the question in the way I did.

Unfortunately, you've not answered the same question as well as others.

Not at all.  I've explained why I answered the question in the way I did.
Unfortunately, you've not answered the same question as well as others.

You haven’t though. If I was given an assignment and answered with a vague supposition and clarified my point by saying “well look at the statistics” I wouldn’t even pass at a Standard Grade level never mind a serious forum like posting on the internet. I know why you’re doing it because regardless of how you actually believe you’re skating uncomfortably close to saying something generally regarded as abhorrent but that’s the way it goes when you make being a right-wing provocateur your thing on a football forum and people decide to press you on it.

People didn’t like Stormzy but at least he made an effort to expand on his takes even if I thought they were bad. This is lazy as f**k.

Just now, NotThePars said:

You haven’t though. If I was given an assignment and answered with a vague supposition and clarified my point by saying “well look at the statistics” I wouldn’t even pass at a Standard Grade level never mind a serious forum like posting on the internet. I know why you’re doing it because regardless of how you actually believe you’re skating uncomfortably close to saying something generally regarded as abhorrent but that’s the way it goes when you make being a right-wing provocateur your thing on a football forum and people decide to press you on it.

People didn’t like Stormzy but at least he made an effort to expand on his takes even if I thought they were bad. This is lazy as f**k.

It's cool. I found the statistics. He wants more lesbian parents