The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

I remember that. When they were tied up and lined up against the wall, Ceacescu's wife started shouting at the firing squad, saying that she had been like a mother to them.

Ceacescu told her to shut the f**k up as she'd just make matters worse.

How … how could she have done that? 🤔

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Exactly 31 years ago today the 1989 Romanian Revolution began, with spectators at a Ceacescu speech booing and opposing him. This event kicked off days of fighting, that only ended when Ceacescu and his wife were captured, tried and then executed on Christmas Day.

Tonight, the echoes of revolutions past were heard.

I wonder if Johnson will make it past Christmas Day. 

Sadly, I think he will.

By traditional family unit I mean the one in which it's proven by statistics that it's best for children to be reared in.
What do you think the best family unit is?
I never said the current workplace doesn't prioritise hard work.  Why on earth would you try to reframe my point in such a way?
Also, what do you think of my other points?

What’s the traditional family unit though and what’s it composed of? What are the social norms you believe the Tories should be championing?

I don’t really care about the other points just want to know what these are.

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

What’s the traditional family unit though and what’s it composed of? What are the social norms you believe the Tories should be championing?

I don’t really care about the other points just want to know what these are.

Again, what do you think the best family unit is?

I never said the current workplace doesn't prioritise hard work.  Why on earth would you try to reframe my point in such a way?

The social norms are the ones in which it's proven by statistics that they are good for people and society as a whole.

I'll let you look them up if you want.

P.S. I can see what you're trying to do, so it's obvious why you don't care about the other points.

Edited by Scott Steiner

The one in which it's proven by statistics that it's best for children to be reared in.
The social norms are the ones in which it's proven by statistics that are good for people.
P.S. I can see what you're trying to do, so it's obvious why you don't care about the other points.
It's proven by statistics that you're one of the worst posters on this site.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
4 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:
The one in which it's proven by statistics that it's best for children to be reared in.
The social norms are the ones in which it's proven by statistics that are good for people.

It's proven by statistics that you're one of the worst posters on this site.

Many thanks for the benefit of your intellectual wisdom.

Conservatism is a perfectly valid political viewpoint, and one that has been around for thousands of years. The idea of nostalgia, that things used to be better, has probably been around forever and also appears in some of the first ever written texts.

It's a position that is ultimately doomed to failure as human society inevitably does progress. For the family values stuff you're probably at least 30 years too late (or 2 years too late in the Northern Ireland context). The previous social conservative touch points of abortion and gay marriage have been pretty much settled in this country, the only political capital left in them is to embarrass people who still vote against it.

Which is whry there has been a deliberate pivot away from social conservatism and towards bitching about 'cancel culture' - which has years of legs to run. Oh and maybe something about transgerderism in sports.

It does act as a useful handbrake though to stop things move too quickly or in wild directions, eugenics has its roots in liberalism after all.

Still I imagine Scott Steinar is quite a young guy (he likes wrestling!) and if he shares his traditional family view it will no doubt ostracise him from his peer group. In 50 years when we're all apologising for eating meat, he can say he campaigned in his 20s for a return to the 1970s Nuclear Family. A dubious honour. 

Don't let him fool you that it's based on evidence, if there was clear evidence that gay couples were better at raising adopted children than straight couples do you really think he would support prioritising gay adoption? Yeah right...

5 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

The importance of the traditional family unit, hierarchy, social norms, manners, freedom of speech and hard work.  Lots more but that's just a few off the top of my head.

Single cellar dwelling dope smoking brew boy says what?

edit: And fucking wrestling.

Edited by dirty dingus

5 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I worked in children's services for almost 10 years and don't remember reading any scholarly articles or seeing any statistics showing "none traditional family units" as an ACE but we're assured the statistics are out there so maybe I missed them.

That doesn't surprise me at all.

6 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Conservatism is a perfectly valid political viewpoint, and one that has been around for thousands of years. The idea of nostalgia, that things used to be better, has probably been around forever and also appears in some of the first ever written texts.

It's a position that is ultimately doomed to failure as human society inevitably does progress. For the family values stuff you're probably at least 30 years too late (or 2 years too late in the Northern Ireland context). The previous social conservative touch points of abortion and gay marriage have been pretty much settled in this country, the only political capital left in them is to embarrass people who still vote against it.

Which is whry there has been a deliberate pivot away from social conservatism and towards bitching about 'cancel culture' - which has years of legs to run. Oh and maybe something about transgerderism in sports.

It does act as a useful handbrake though to stop things move too quickly or in wild directions, eugenics has its roots in liberalism after all.

Still I imagine Scott Steinar is quite a young guy (he likes wrestling!) and if he shares his traditional family view it will no doubt ostracise him from his peer group. In 50 years when we're all apologising for eating meat, he can say he campaigned in his 20s for a return to the 1970s Nuclear Family. A dubious honour. 

Don't let him fool you that it's based on evidence, if there was clear evidence that gay couples were better at raising adopted children than straight couples do you really think he would support prioritising gay adoption? Yeah right...

A few false assumptions made there, most notably with regards to nostalgia.

Both notions that all progression is automatically a good thing, and that the clock can never be turned back are, I'm afraid, incorrect, especially when we see it happening elsewhere.  It's also been proven wrong throughout history.  It's amazing how minds can be changed when we actually encourage people to think rationally.

Interesting diversions onto cancel culture, transgenderism, eugenics, meat eating, the 70s, gay adoption, my age, peer group and even wrestling though.  It's funny how some will use all sorts of tactics to divert from the subject matter.

Edited by Scott Steiner

Again, what do you think the best family unit is?
The social norms are the ones in which it's proven by statistics that they are good for people and society as a whole.

What social norms do you want to see preserved though? What’s the issue?

What is the traditional family unit and what does it constitute?

I can’t understand why you’re too feart to just say it with your chest.

When people talk about traditional family norms I assume they mean, mother and father and children, all living together.  Perhaps you can add in the father driving off to work wearing a sensible brimmed hat, the wife home-Baking and the kids playing with toy soldiers to this picture, depending on where you want to take it.

An ironic subject to discuss on a thread about Boris Johnson.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What social norms do you want to see preserved though? What’s the issue?

What is the traditional family unit and what does it constitute?

I can’t understand why you’re too feart to just say it with your chest.

The answers to your questions are still the same.  The ones that stats show are the best for people and society.

Why are you scared to answer my questions?

Just now, NotThePars said:

I have no idea what the stats say I just want you to say what you’re too scared to say with your chest. The dogs are barking but I’m not sure why.

My chest spoke last time.

You're obviously not going to answer.  Hey ho.

2 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

A few false assumptions made there, most notably with regards to nostalgia.

Both notions that all progression is automatically a good thing, and that the clock can never be turned back are, I'm afraid, incorrect, especially when we see it happening elsewhere.  It's also been proven wrong throughout history.  It's amazing how minds can be changed when we actually encourage people to think rationally.

In Cambodia in the 1970s Pol Pot tried to turn back time and make people think rationally. That didn't end well. 

12 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

In Cambodia in the 1970s Pol Pot tried to turn back time and make people think rationally. That didn't end well. 

Having people think rationally would have probably been the last thing on Pol Pot's mind.

The far left ain't great for logic, rationality and free thought buddy.

Edited by Scott Steiner