The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

National Security Committee worried about SpiffSpaff's 'couldn't-give-a-f*ck' attitude to the nation's safety..................

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/17/boris-johnson-accused-of-failing-to-protect-uk-national-security

"Accusing Johnson of “a more relaxed approach to national security”, Beckett writes that the prime minister was now expected to chair only 12 meetings of the national security council a year, after a recent internal revamp.

That contrasted with about 35 meetings a year under the old system created by Cameron, in which the powerful committee, composed of senior ministers plus military and intelligence officials, met weekly whenever parliament was sitting to agree a common response to the key security issues of the day."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Fraser Nelson, one of Boris Johnson’s successors as editor of the Spectator, has delivered a scathing verdict on the PM’s reaction to the byelection.

Nelson writes:

"I think it would be fair to say that we have heard some self-serving twaddle from him of late and yet this ‘I blame the media’ line was not only hypocritical and sinister: it was downright insulting to the intelligence of the British public. Politicians can sometimes be so consumed with vanity that their very existence – their self-definition, their self-esteem – depends on how they think they are portrayed in the media ...

The moment he decided to criminalise women meeting up for coffee was the moment he lost the right to complain if the press take an interest in No 10’s own rule-breaking. And yes, such stories may distract attention from his skills agenda, his vaccine booster data or tractor production figures. But in our place, what would he be writing about? Would he have led the Spectator on drugs policy, as we did last week – or gone all-out on the hypocrisy in partying No 10?

Since he defended the press in 2007, newspapers sales have probably halved – haemorrhaging power and influence. If voters give him a bloody nose, can he really blame us? As Enoch Powell said: for a politician to blame the press is like a ship’s captain complaining about the sea. Ultimately, as prime minister, he makes the weather. His bungling triggered this byelection. And he should not blame us if he does not like the result."

19 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Fraser Nelson, one of Boris Johnson’s successors as editor of the Spectator, has delivered a scathing verdict on the PM’s reaction to the byelection.

Nelson writes:

"I think it would be fair to say that we have heard some self-serving twaddle from him of late and yet this ‘I blame the media’ line was not only hypocritical and sinister: it was downright insulting to the intelligence of the British public. Politicians can sometimes be so consumed with vanity that their very existence – their self-definition, their self-esteem – depends on how they think they are portrayed in the media ...

The moment he decided to criminalise women meeting up for coffee was the moment he lost the right to complain if the press take an interest in No 10’s own rule-breaking. And yes, such stories may distract attention from his skills agenda, his vaccine booster data or tractor production figures. But in our place, what would he be writing about? Would he have led the Spectator on drugs policy, as we did last week – or gone all-out on the hypocrisy in partying No 10?

Since he defended the press in 2007, newspapers sales have probably halved – haemorrhaging power and influence. If voters give him a bloody nose, can he really blame us? As Enoch Powell said: for a politician to blame the press is like a ship’s captain complaining about the sea. Ultimately, as prime minister, he makes the weather. His bungling triggered this byelection. And he should not blame us if he does not like the result."

I did chuckle at tractor production figures 🤣

17 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Completely shocked that these Tory c***s are suddenly surprised that Johnson is a liar.
A bigger pile of jobbies you will never see.

Don’t be fooled; they’re not surprised at all. They’ve known all along that he was a lying p***k and they were happy to run with him as long as it worked at the ballot box and in the polls. Now that he’s finally stumbling, they’re racing to distance themselves (well, some are - others are ostentatiously turning on him so as to appear that they weren’t once his cheerleaders). Scum, them and him.

29 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Completely shocked that these Tory c***s are suddenly surprised that Johnson is a liar.

I don't think they are mate.

They just realise he's making the Tories unelectable.

9 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Don’t be fooled; they’re not surprised at all. They’ve known all along that he was a lying p***k and they were happy to run with him as long as it worked at the ballot box and in the polls. Now that he’s finally stumbling, they’re racing to distance themselves (well, some are - others are ostentatiously turning on him so as to appear that they weren’t once his cheerleaders). Scum, them and him.

Agree with this completely. They knew exactly what they were getting into with him.

They cannot turn round in shock horror and clutch their pearls in surprise.

It's all about trusting the judgement of people. If you buy into a liar in knowledge that is what he is, then that's on you when it blows up in your face.

You also have to question his judgement generally. He put his faith in another liar in Cummings (who don't think isn't leaking info) and then even this last week appointed an investigator who is tonight going to have to be replaced because neither BoJo or anyone in no10 saw fit to check if he was in the same boat re parties.

35 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This is all very confusing.

I remember asking Donald Trump if Boris Johnson was a liar and he said No.  It was the same when I asked Vladimir Putin and Kim Jung Un.  They both said No.

10 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

This is all very confusing.

I remember asking Donald Trump if Boris Johnson was a liar and he said No.  It was the same when I asked Vladimir Putin and Kim Jung Un.  They both said No.

But they all laughed when Martin Boyle said he doesn't dive....

I know buddy, it was an attempt at sarcasm........[emoji1787]

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/17/brexit-boris-johnson-tories-voters-lies-trust

"Throughout his career, including as mayor of London, Johnson’s trick, revered by his devotees as a superpower, was to appeal to voters who didn’t much like Tories. Indeed, his appeal was tacitly predicated on an understanding that the Conservative party was a damaged brand. But the events of recent weeks have seen that trick unravel, with Johnson becoming the very embodiment of the “same old Tories”.

One Conservative frontbencher says the prime minister has confirmed the suspicion many voters always had: that “when you peek behind the curtain, Tories are privileged, sneering elites who take the rest of us for fools”. Once cherished for defying the Tory stereotype of stuffy formality, Johnson now incarnates a much more poisonous set of tropes: that Tories believe it’s one rule for them, one rule for everyone else; that they look out for themselves and their mates; that they’re pampered and spoilt, laughing at those who are less lucky. That grates on those who lent their votes to Johnson in 2019, believing he was not like the others. But it rankles too with traditional Tories, like those who voted on Thursday, who have, says that Tory MP, concluded that the prime minister is “someone whose morals and character they don’t like or respect”.

8 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

With any luck we may soon witness outright civil war in the Tory party - this could be their Militant moment and I for one look would forward to it with relish.

And here was me thinking the referendum and Brexit was to stop civil war within the Tory Party?!?

Edited by Soapy FFC

11 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Just watched Raab on Breakfast time trying to defend this.  One minute it was during a break while working, therefore it must be acceptable for them to drink while they work, the next it was after they had finished for the day which therefore must cast it into a Social Gathering context.  Listening to him prattling on about hard they were working etc was absolutely sickening.  Just come out and say we do not give a F*** about the plebs we will do what we want.