The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

50 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

That's not an opinion piece. it's an article in Private Eye reporting on what she's alleged to have said when she was researching for interviewees before choosing that assassination on the poor lass who was actually working.

For your benefit, I've highlighted the bit in my sentence which is my opinion.

ETA

Some more context.

Outgoing RTS boss accuses BBC News heads of 'culture of denial' | BBC | The Guardian

How Newsnight humiliated single mother Shanene Thorpe - New Statesman

One one of those articles is a Guardian opinion piece which will hardly give a balanced view, or context.  That's like someone trying to give a balanced, contextualised account of Jewry by supplying an opinion piece from Mein Kampf.

Unfortunately the New Statesman article is behind a paywall.

Edited by Scott Steiner

51 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

It looked full of opinion to me.  Calling her lofty and likening her to an Edwardian eugenicist probably wasn't the best move if the writer was trying to come across as factual and balanced.

He reported that someone likened her to Edwardian Eugenicist. the context of this is that I can read.

It's been quite an interesting few days for the Tories north and south of the Border, eh? 

BoJo's little festive difficulties over an allegedly non-existent party in London and his northern brigade leader being told to eff off over changes in drug policy in Scotland. Poor stuff.

Meanwhile, it appears that none of the six Tory MPs from Scottish constituencies lifted a finger to support the carbon capture proposals in Aberdeenshire.  Not a letter or an email. Still, i suppose they are very busy, torying about the place. 

Has a PM ever resigned during PMQs? It would certainly secure his place in history. 

1 hour ago, Scott Steiner said:

It looked full of opinion to me.  Calling her lofty and likening her to an Edwardian eugenicist probably wasn't the best move if the writer was trying to come across as factual and balanced.

Lofty is the only opinionated part of that. The Edwardian eugenicist bit was  from 'some brave council officer'.

Actually calling the council officer brave is opinionated as well. 

Edit: I should always read the rest. Someone else has already said that. I need to stop being distracted by this and get on with my work.

Edited by Suspect Device

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can’t say I’m a fan of everyone demanding the poor Prime Minister loses his job.

Don't they know it’s Christmas and he has at least one family he still supports?

And don't forget he got Brexit done.

That's all that matters to his supporters.

Not putting up a minister for the breakfast news slots, is not a good sign.
As enjoyable as it is to see the fluffy racist b*****ds premiership in tail spin, it does feel a bit dirty that this is only coming out now, drip fed to suit some other b*****d in the Tory parties evil plan. 
Totally, this has all been sat on for a long time. This isn't for our benefit, it's all part of the grubby Westminster game. f**k the absolute lot of them.

PMQs could be interesting today.
Blackford expected to call for BoJo to resign, and the big Labour wet will call for him to apologise.
I'm hoping, probably in vain, that Starmer is keeping his powder dry for a big one today.
He'll probably Iwelumo it to f**k again right enough.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Lofty is the only opinionated part of that. The Edwardian eugenicist bit was  from 'some brave council officer'.

Actually calling the council officer brave is opinionated as well. 

Edit: I should always read the rest. Someone else has already said that. I need to stop being distracted by this and get on with my work.

Can relate to your problem of being distracted at the expense of work! :)

Edited by Scott Steiner

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It's been quite an interesting few days for the Tories north and south of the Border, eh? 

BoJo's little festive difficulties over an allegedly non-existent party in London and his northern brigade leader being told to eff off over changes in drug policy in Scotland. Poor stuff.

Meanwhile, it appears that none of the six Tory MPs from Scottish constituencies lifted a finger to support the carbon capture proposals in Aberdeenshire.  Not a letter or an email. Still, i suppose they are very busy, torying about the place. 

Has a PM ever resigned during PMQs? It would certainly secure his place in history. 

I would suggest that Johnson's fairly obvious get-out here is that he wasn't actually at the party, and when asked about it he merely reported the information he had been given. 

He'll announce that a full investigation will take place, and in a week or two a few people in minor administrative positions will lose their jobs. 

We shouldn't forget that Johnson has made a career out of lies and blustering half-truths, both in journalism and politics. He doesn't strike me as a man that's about to suddenly realise the error of his ways, and head to the study with a brandy and a pistol.