The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

17 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Talking about in conspiratorial terms like that gives people like Johnson far more credit than they deserve. They’re not that smart and the press releasing a pressure valve on them for the first time in 4 years should show that they’re not invincible either.

Well someone had the idea for him to make an arse of himself on purpose the day of a big vote. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Were they not saying it was a success because it dominated the media all day rather than the details of the care bill?

So fewer members of the public would have contacted their Tory MP about their vote last night helping Johnson to get the bill through. 

It's all stage mananged.

Pulled the same stunt visiting the hospital and walking around not wearing a face mask, on the day of another big event elsewhere.

I don’t think Johnson set out to deliver such a shambolic performance. I do think that what we’re seeing is him utterly having bought into his own hype. He appears to genuinely believe that he can - and even should - get away with making less than zero effort, safe in the knowledge that those who support him will laugh it off and lap it up. We’re seeing a man who thinks his louche media persona is such that he can get away with anything - so why make even the slightest effort? The fact that it’s got people talking about that rather than his government’s actual legislation is probably just gravy on his part - though I reckon more competent evil b*****ds knew what a tit of himself he’d make and were right behind it. Johnson is a useful idiot to his party; but I very much doubt he knows that (or would care if he did).

Edited by Antlion

Other than Brexit BawJaws hasn't had to deliver any of the policies he was elected on thanks to Covid, until now. And it looks very much like he's failing to deliver on all of them, and more importantly he doesn't seem to be able to spin shafting pensioners, the channel boats crisis, the levelling up and railway betrayals, and so forth as massive wins. He is undoubtedly losing his touch, is putting the b*****ds iron grip on power in jeopardy and I can see him getting knifed in the back sooner rather than later tbh.

The Parliamentary Tories are an utterly ruthless bunch. Their ever increasing realisation that Boris has become an electoral liability means that IMHO he’ll be gone in the relatively near future.

11 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

According to The Telegraph tonight...and this absolutely true....Boris Johnson's speech was 'an inadvertent success'. 

Now, I realise that we're talking about a newspaper that comparitively few people read, but this is the level of propaganda that right wing newspapers generate. The Express online, as far as I can see, doesn't even mention it. 

Johnson is their man. They put him there, and they'll do whatever they can to keep him in power. 

Welcome to the UK in 2021.

The Telegraph and the Sun have stayed loyal to Johnson but the Mail has  turned on him. The new editor hates him and thinks he's an embarrassment (hard to argue with that). The Mail when it smells blood usually doesn't hold back as was the case for both John Major and David Cameron.  Given newspapers much diminished influence these days that probably is something Johnson thinks he can ignore. What he can't ignore is the rumblings from Tory HQ which will kick off a process that eventually turns into a visit from the men in grey suits. Having an unprofessional embarrassment for a Prime Minister is a joke that just isn't funny anymore.

That shambling disaster of a performance yesterday will for many be the straw that broke the camel's back.  Most certainly for the once traditionally pro Tory CBI business community, they would have watched on in horror at that.

@AndyM

You are a wee bit out of date. Geordie Greig is gone and Dacre is back in at the Mail. Today's DM front page doesn't mention Social Care or the CBI speech. They lead on Raab getting tough on crime.

The Telegraph have been the toughest paper on the government over Covid but they are like the FT now in that they can go against Tory orthodoxy due to the makeup of their readership.

Jeremy Hunt getting rolled out to promote the Social Care bill is a big clue it's going to be horrific. It's like Dracula promoting giving blood. 

13 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The Parliamentary Tories are an utterly ruthless bunch. Their ever increasing realisation that Boris has become an electoral liability means that IMHO he’ll be gone in the relatively near future.

"Sacked in the mornin', yer gettin sacked in the mornin'...." 

I find the media furore over BJ and his fluffed lines yesterday utterly incredible. It was hardly crime of the century, and would certainly not have come as a surprise to 99% of posters on here. 

What I can't quite grasp is why no one (in media circles) seems to have picked up on the million and one other things he has got completely wrong since becoming PM. Have all the lies, sleaze, corruption, U turns, etc, etc, now paled into insignificance given yesterday's horror show, which now looks set to see him hounded from office?

The Good Lord and the right wing media sure move in mysterious ways.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Detournement said:

And it's from the same playbook as closing Parliament and announcing crazy bridges across the Channel and Irish Sea. 

If Dom Cummings was still whispering at Johnson's shoulder, I would have said that it was entirely possible that these Bunter-esque f**k ups were a deliberate tactic to distract from more sinister Tory policy making.

I doubt very much though that Johnson on his own even comes close to having the intelligence to pull this off. 

He's never, ever been a man who can master the detail of any subject. Hence the big pronouncements...bridges, airports etc....that he so loves, until somebody explains to him the horrendous detail involved and he loses interest in what was a nonsense in the first place anyway. 

That's what happened yesterday. He couldn't even read from a pre-determined paper without his mind drifting off into fantasies. 

I'm truly surprised that he didn't just blurt out some grand, sweeping idea tht had just came into his head....'free grapefruit for everyone' or something suchlike.....just to fill these tumbleweed silences in his brain. 

48 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I find the media furore over BJ and his fluffed lines yesterday utterly incredible. It was hardly crime of the century, and would certainly not have come as a surprise to 99% of posters on here. 

What I can't quite grasp is why no one (in media circles) seems to have picked up on the million and one other things he has got completely wrong since becoming PM. Have all the lies, sleaze, corruption, U turns, etc, etc, now paled into insignificance given yesterday's horror show, which now looks set to see him hounded from office?

The Good Lord and the right wing media sure move in mysterious ways.

Frost?

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

If Dom Cummings was still whispering at Johnson's shoulder, I would have said that it was entirely possible that these Bunter-esque f**k ups were a deliberate tactic to distract from more sinister Tory policy making.

I doubt very much though that Johnson on his own even comes close to having the intelligence to pull this off. 

He's never, ever been a man who can master the detail of any subject. Hence the big pronouncements...bridges, airports etc....that he so loves, until somebody explains to him the horrendous detail involved and he loses interest in what was a nonsense in the first place anyway. 

That's what happened yesterday. He couldn't even read from a pre-determined paper without his mind drifting off into fantasies. 

I'm truly surprised that he didn't just blurt out some grand, sweeping idea tht had just came into his head....'free grapefruit for everyone' or something suchlike.....just to fill these tumbleweed silences in his brain. 

I thought that the first time he did it, it's in line with his bumbling persona, but its happened too often now to be a coincidence. He's the fall guy clown shoes figurehead, while the odious Tory c***s lurking in the shadows get on with their despicable, dastardly deeds. Maybe doesn't have to work too hard at being a clown, rambling on about Peppa Pig, but i'm convinced he knows what he's doing diverting attention away from important bills and the like being discussed or voted on, and someone has told him to just go do your thing Boris.

Vanessa Feltz on tv this morning just brushing off yesterday's car crash speech as Boris just being Borisy.  FFS it would be ok if he was a tv presenter, but not the PM. Would she be happy if she went to see her doctor about something serious and they carried on like that? I doubt it.

Edited by Soapy FFC

Guest Bob Mahelp
18 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Vanessa Feltz on tv this morning just brushing off yesterday's car crash speech as Boris just being Borisy.  FFS it would be ok if he was a tv presenter, but not the PM. Would she be happy if she went to see her doctor about something serious and they carried on like that? I doubt it.

It's true. It's a very off the cuff but pertinent example of how Johnson isn't judged to the same standards as anyone else in such a position of power. 

Instead of pointing out that this rambling, shambles of a man is obviously incapable of holding any public position of importance, never mind being PM, she indulges him with a pat on the head like a naughty 5 year old who's taken an extra biscuit but is a good boy really. 

There are too many people in the country who think like this. 

And I detest when anyone in the media calls him 'Boris'. This humanises and personalises him to the viewer...makes them feel like the viewer knows him. 'It's just Boris, innit ?' 

Nobody ever called Theresa May, 'Theresa', and Blair wasn't 'Tony'. No reason at all why this khunt should be treated any differently. 

And I detest when anyone in the media calls him 'Boris'. This humanises and personalises him to the viewer...makes them feel like the viewer knows him. 'It's just Boris, innit ?' 
Nobody ever called Theresa May, 'Theresa', and Blair wasn't 'Tony'. No reason at all why this khunt should be treated any differently. 

Similarly curious how everyone seems to be on first name terms with Sturgeon.