The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

6 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Something must be afoot, the usual Tory supporting papers now seem to be dishing more and more dirt on them.

They certainly are.

I get the feeling this govt is about to implode.

Eta...  PMQs could be interesting tomorrow!

Edited by ICTJohnboy

yer average Tory MP:

handing out millions of direct awards for PPE contracts to the Tory faithful is fine in my book - who cares if half those companies couldn't deliver on their contract? PM's freebies, sleaze, wallpaper, holidays and cash for donors - no major quibbles if being honest. I am also in the main happy to vote to try to keep one of the boys in the house so he can continue with his lobbying and second job. However having gone to the effort of making me vote, only to then change the position on Paterson - well that just makes us look stupid and that is the straw that broke the camel's back.  

8 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They certainly are.

I get the feeling this govt is about to implode.

Eta...  PMQs could be interesting tomorrow!

Parliament is in recess so no pmqs and things must be bad bojo is heading to cop today 

10 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Interesting.

If more follow, it certainly will beg the question.

https://reaction.life/tory-mps-say-vice-chairman-of-party-has-quit-unable-to-defend-government/

The odious little shit wasn't unable to support the government and vote down Paterson's suspension last week. 

Oldish story that I thought was a joke, a Tory mp was done for not declaring properly his earnings from a firm called Moonlighting Systems. :o

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/karl-mccartney-tory-mp-breached-parliamentary-rules-moonlighting-systems-b959600.html

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Oldish story that I thought was a joke, a Tory mp was done for not declaring properly his earnings from a firm called Moonlighting Systems. :o

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/karl-mccartney-tory-mp-breached-parliamentary-rules-moonlighting-systems-b959600.html

They are drip feeding the corruption stories day by day.The Tory mps must be thinking when it's there turn 🤣

Surely this laughing stock of a govt is on the way out.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/09/at-least-a-quarter-of-tory-mps-have-second-jobs-earning-5m-a-year

Geoffrey Cox, the former attorney general, is making around £1m a year as a barrister, while Chris Grayling, the former transport secretary, is earning £100,000 a year from Hutchison Ports Europe, the register shows.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Parliament is in recess so no pmqs and things must be bad bojo is heading to cop today 

2 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

No need to get the popcorn in. It’s the half term break or something like that. Lazy bassas.

How convenient for them.

The Tories only supported free markets when they helped enrich the rich. They have no ideology other than maintaining privilege. 

That after decades and decades of evidence of this, there are still people wanting to talk about 'serious' conservatism only shows what a number the right has done on willing useful idiots over the past 100 years or so. It'd be fucking hilarious were it not so dangerous.

33 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

That after decades and decades of evidence of this, there are still people wanting to talk about 'serious' conservatism only shows what a number the right has done on willing useful idiots over the past 100 years or so. It'd be fucking hilarious were it not so dangerous.

The description of the Proles in 1984 could easily be applied to a large part of the electorate today.

"In reality very little was known about the proles. It was not necessary to know much. So long as they continued to work and breed, their other activities were without importance. Left to themselves, like cattle turned loose upon the plains of Argentina, they had reverted to a style of life that appeared natural to them, a sort of ancestral pattern. They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and sexual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty. Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbours, films, football, beer, and above all, gambling, filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult. A few agents of the Thought Police moved always among them, spreading false rumours and marking down and eliminating the few individuals who were judged capable of becoming dangerous. No attempt was made to indoctrinate them with the ideology of the Party. It was not desirable that the proles should have strong political feelings. All that was required of them was a primitive patriotism which could be appealed to whenever it was necessary to make them accept longer working-hours or shorter rations. And even when they became discontented, as they sometimes did, their discontent led nowhere, because being without general ideas, they could only focus in on petty specific grievances. The larger evils invariably escaped their notice."

21 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

How fucking useless are Hutchinson ports for them to get so far down the list of possible advisors to appoint a man who signed a shipping contract with a company that had no ships.

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

How fucking useless are Hutchinson ports for them to get so far down the list of possible advisors to appoint a man who signed a shipping contract with a company that had no ships.

Any company using Chris Grayling as an advisor is probably best avoided tbqh.

27 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

The thing that gets me is that although all these 'scams' might be within the rules, none of these MPs have went, "maybe I won't do this as I'm really ripping the piss".

I can't be arsed to sign up for a free trial to read the article, but this from Nadine Dorries is amazing:

"In a sign of growing rancour among Boris Johnson’s MPs, a defiant Nadine Dorries accused fellow Tories of peddling “totally not true” predictions that the fallout from the second jobs scandal would hurt the party electorally."