The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
45 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:
How reassuring is it to learn that our PM has advised one and all there is absolutely no need to panic buy?
Given these words of wisdom from the man at the top, it's hard to understand why queues are now forming at many filling stations down there in Englandshire!

Eta...
Just heard someone on a radio phone in programme tell listeners that, as he sat in a queue for petrol at a a filling station the price rose from £1.31 per litre to £1.51.

We are a 1 petrol station town. Despite said petrol station being a supermarket station and the supermarkets saying categorically they don't anticipate any issues with fuel supply, at 9.45am this morning the queue was so long the police were there trying to stop folk blocking other streets. What an uber clusterfuck.

Not really down to a shortage, then, but rather due to the media hyping things up.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
42 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:
How reassuring is it to learn that our PM has advised one and all there is absolutely no need to panic buy?
Given these words of wisdom from the man at the top, it's hard to understand why queues are now forming at many filling stations down there in Englandshire!

Eta...
Just heard someone on a radio phone in programme tell listeners that, as he sat in a queue for petrol at a a filling station the price rose from £1.31 per litre to £1.51.

We are a 1 petrol station town. Despite said petrol station being a supermarket station and the supermarkets saying categorically they don't anticipate any issues with fuel supply, at 9.45am this morning the queue was so long the police were there trying to stop folk blocking other streets. What an uber clusterfuck.

I think you're seeing the effect of folk being constantly told one thing which does not correspond  with their own empirical experience. Nobody believes what the Government tells them anymore and even in this case where there probably is loads of fuel in refineries, it's the boy who cried wolf time.

49 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

This is my problem. One thing they are not is silver-tongued. They're barely coherent, Johnson being the obvious example. He can barely string a sentence together. The rest of his crew are no better. Rees-Mogg speaks a language which stopped evolving over a century ago, Raab referred to foodbanks as a temporary solution when people had cash-flow problems and was unaware of Dover's importance to trade, Truss believes barking dogs will deter drones from delivering contraband to Prisons, Williamson claims not to remember what exam results he got...

I hated, and always will hate, the generation of Tories who flourished under Thatcher (may she burn forever). At least those cúnts were competent cúnts. Currently, we're allowing ourselves to be governed, and our country destroyed, by fucking idiots.

I think that might be part of the appeal for some folk. They look and sound useless and incompetent, and people can relate, at least in terms of what life has implied about themselves.

You read transcriptions of Donald Trump's speeches, and they all genuinely come across like the incoherent ramblings of a dementia sufferer. It's difficult to work out what, if any, point he's trying to make. But millions take themselves out of the house to listen to his musings on how the world should be run, and 74 million thought he should continue to be the Head of State of one of the world's most powerful nations.

As a species, we seem to be taking comfort in our personal prejudices and "common sense" to hide from major problems, and dismissing what the informed are telling us. It could end up being our end if we can't get past the concept that the vast majority of us know just about enough to put our pants on the right way most of the time, and our opinions are of no value whatsoever.

2 hours ago, jakedee said:

"Both the government and the oil firms say there is no shortage of fuel itself, just the distribution of it around the country."

We could have all the diesel in the world in reserve, it does me no good until I can get it into my wee Nissan.

They might as well count all the crude still under the sea off venezuela or under the sand in the ME, for all the good it does for road users.

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

"Both the government and the oil firms say there is no shortage of fuel itself, just the distribution of it around the country."

We could have all the diesel in the world in reserve, it does me no good until I can get it into my wee Nissan.

They might as well count all the crude still under the sea off venezuela or under the sand in the ME, for all the good it does for road users.

Sorry WRK but all I took from that post is that you drive a Nissan!

Sorry WRK but all I took from that post is that you drive a Nissan!
A diesel Nissan at that.
Yep, £0 road tax at that. What I was driving at is that while reserves of fuel may well be plentiful, if the companies can't get it to the forecourts then it might as well not exist. A shortage of fuel at the point of sale is a shortage of fuel, no matter how much is in reserve.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

FAJXQLjXsAQjCnu?format=jpg&name=large

Oof.

Did Johnson say it an 'allo 'allo accent, wearing a stripey t-shirt and a beret, like a true ignorant, xenophobic, schoolchild khunt ?

I do hope so. The French will be really impressed., 

STEPHEN GLOVER: Blaming Boris Johnson for new 'winter of discontent' shows a chronic shortage of common sense

If nothing else, this is a laugh. 

So the Government plainly has a lot of thinking and planning to do if we are to cope with future gas price increases and shortages. But I repeat that it is absurd to try to pin the blame for our present woes on Mr Johnson.

39 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The comments below the line weren't what I was expecting.

Scathing of the article and of Johnson who apparently according to more than a few is a "buffon". 😄

2 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

The comments below the line weren't what I was expecting.

Scathing of the article and of Johnson who apparently according to more than a few is a "buffon". 😄

Hard to believe anyone could still be equating Boris to a safe pair of hands.

The only reason there is a fuel shortage is because of idiots panic buying. The media seem to be encouraging panic buying so the government are obviously comfortable with the situation. 
The shitehawks from every channel camped outside or hovering over a filling station somewhere in the UK for days now. It's utterly ridiculous but in the age of 24h news unless there is an actual incident to report on they need to create these situations to fill their time.