The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The sacked Tory ministers are getting £17,000 severance pay from the tax payer on the day they voted to cut £20 a week from the poorest in the land.

Well, they are Tories, FFS.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

The sacked Tory ministers are getting £17,000 severance pay from the tax payer on the day they voted to cut £20 a week from the poorest in the land.
Are they being "sacked". Surely it's a simple demotion it's not like they don't have a job to go to tomorrow. It's a brown envelope "sweetner" plain and simple, there has been no severance.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Are they being "sacked". Surely it's a simple demotion it's not like they don't have a job to go to tomorrow. It's a brown envelope "sweetner" plain and simple, there has been no severance.

Buckland, Jenrick and Williamson have all been sacked - not demoted.

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Buckland, Jenrick and Williamson have all been sacked - not demoted.

Only from the cabinet though. They will have to make do with about 3 times median salaries now. Plus any committee pay. And get their mortgage paid. Plus turn up whenever they like while working as directors for city firms. 

I 'd love to get sacked like that. 

Whatever I might think of MPs I really don’t think they’re overpaid for the job they do.  Yes some are useless b*****ds but I really don’t think paying the people who we elect to run the country that level of wage is wrong.

There are senior managers in the civil service, local government, the NHS, etc, who are paid far more.

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Whatever I might think of MPs I really don’t think they’re overpaid for the job they do.  Yes some are useless b*****ds but I really don’t think paying the people who we elect to run the country that level of wage is wrong.

There are senior managers in the civil service, local government, the NHS, etc, who are paid far more.

The civil service run the country. MPs just make that more difficult 

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Hence we get the detritus. You are absolutely spot on. We need people who have been successful in life (which comes at a cost), but we don’t pay enough money for the talent. We end up with career civil servants, failed councillors and trade union wastrels. 

6 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Hence we get the detritus. You are absolutely spot on. We need people who have been successful in life (which comes at a cost), but we don’t pay enough money for the talent. We end up with career civil servants, failed councillors and trade union wastrels. 

Define "successful at life". 

Cheers.

19 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Which will still be a lot less than the expenses that scrounging, SNP wastrels glean.

A claim that’s easily verifiable as It’s all on public record. Fire away with some figures. Leave a link and a conclusion. We’re all ears.

Show your workings in other words.

52 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Well that’s a thick waste of skin like you out of the running, thankfully.